The summer is here and it’s time to show off your arms and legs in all those new clothes you shopped for! But, with the summer comes the issue of tanning and darkening as well.
Go for a good whitening body lotion that not only moisturises well but also helps you lighten your skin, so you can happily wear whatever you want.
Confused about which one to choose?
You’ve landed on the right page. Read our article to check out the best body lotions for fairness in India:
- Best Whitening body lotion in India 2020
- #1 – Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening Body Lotion
- #2 – NIVEA Body Lotion, Extra Whitening Cell Repair SPF 15
- #3 – Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening and Brightening SPF-25
- #4 – Himalaya Clear Complexion Brightening Body Lotion
- #5 – Biotique Bio Winter Cherry Lightening And Rejuvenating Body Nourisher
- #6 – StBotanica Vitamin C Skin Brightening Body Lotion
- #7 – VLCC De Tan Plus White Glow Moisturising Body Lotion SPF 30
- #8 – Dove hydro nourishment body lotion
- #9 – Garnier Skin Natural Body Cocoon Intense lotion
- #10 – Avon Naturals Lightening body lotion
Best Whitening body lotion in India 2020
#1 – Vaseline Healthy White Complete 10 Lightening Body Lotion
Vaseline is one of the most popular skincare brands that has been around for decades. This brand has come a long way from producing petroleum jelly to basic moisturisation to now giving us efficient skin lightening body lotions.
- This is an all in one body lotion that is very effective and a favourite with all those who have used this.
- This particular body lotion has a strong sunscreen element that protects the skin from further damage and tanning.
- Secondly, it has a blend of essential vitamins like B3 and pre-retinol which work on repairing the skin.
- This helps even out the skin tone by fading blemishes and dark spots.
- You can see visibly smoother and lighter skin within about 3 to 4 weeks of using this body lotion regularly.
- The consistency of the lotion is just right to spread it on your skin. It looks a bit white when you first apply it but it gets absorbed within a few quick minutes and leaves your skin feeling soft.
- This is not too heavy or sticky and can be used by all skin types.
|Fades blemishes and dark spots effectively.||Expensive.|
#2 – NIVEA Body Lotion, Extra Whitening Cell Repair SPF 15
Being one of the most common brands in India, trusted by people of all generations, it is no surprise that Nivea body lotion is on our list. The Extra Whitening Cell repair lotion is one of the best we have tried so far with its smooth consistency and the moisture it provides.
- The Vitamin C extracts help repair the skin, rejuvenate it and brighten the skin tone.
- You do see better skin in about 2 to 3 weeks from the time you start using this.
- This works great for dry skin but if you have oily skin, you could use a lesser quantity so that you don’t break into a sweat when you step out.
- This lotion has an SPF of 15 which does a good job of protecting you from the sun if you are outdoors for short periods of time.
- However, do use another sunscreen lotion if you are going to be spending about an hour or more in the sun.
|Quicker results Acts as a sunscreen||Expensive.|
#3 – Lotus Herbals White Glow Skin Whitening and Brightening SPF-25
A “made in India” company that uses more natural ingredients in their skincare range, Lotus Herbals is quite a sought after brand by most people in our country. The White Glow Skin body lotion has liquorice, green tea and grape extracts as its main ingredients that work actively in first, repairing damaged and tanned skin, secondly, fading out dark spots and the tan.
- The natural vitamins in these ingredients help brighten the skin and you do see a nice glow in a few weeks.
- There is an SPF of 25 which is sufficient if you spend about a couple of hours outdoors every day.
- The consistency of the lotion is not too thick and is perfect if you have oily skin.
- However, if you have very dry skin, you might want to apply a lot more to moisturise your skin well.
|Good for dry skin||Can be a little too thick.|
#4 – Himalaya Clear Complexion Brightening Body Lotion
Another of our favourite Indian brands that quickly rose to the top with their innovative combination of Ayurveda with modern technology, is Himalaya. The trademark green and white containers can be recognised anywhere now. The Clear Complexion Brightening body lotion uses white lily and liquorice as its main ingredients.
- Liquorice is effective in fading dark spots and brightening the skin while white lily helps soothe the skin and moisturise it.
- It also adds a nice fragrance to the lotion.
- These active ingredients work together with the rest in nourishing the skin.
- This is a medium consistency lotion that is light and can be used by people with normal or oily skin.
- It may not work very well if you have very dry skin.
|Nice fragrance Nourishes and moisturises skin.||Not for dry skin.|
#5 – Biotique Bio Winter Cherry Lightening And Rejuvenating Body Nourisher
Biotique is a brand that was once upon a time very niche but is now available to us in every store in the city. Since they use absolutely no chemicals in creating their skincare products, you can use these confidently and for a long time. The Bio Wintercherry lotion is a lovely moisturiser that is great for normal and oily skin.
- If you have very dry skin, you might have to apply extra to make sure your skin is well nourished.
- It gets absorbed quickly even though the consistency is a little thick.
- It does brighten the skin and removes tan when you use it regularly.
- Your skin also feels soft and smooth and you see this dewy glow.
- Since they have purely natural ingredients and no added perfume, this does not smell very fragrant.
- You can use this during both, summer as well as winter.
|Brightens skin.||Fragrance might not be strong.|
#6 – StBotanica Vitamin C Skin Brightening Body Lotion
StBotanica is a product catering to the premium segment of the market with its Vitamin C skin brightening lotion. This lotion has a mix of botanical extracts as well as other ingredients that contribute to lightening and enriching the skin.
- The extracts of liquorice and lemon help towards lightening the skin while aloe vera helps in soothing and healing damaged skin.
- Active Vitamins C, E and B3 along with Hyaluronic acid add to the natural elements in ensuring that the treatment is concentrated, giving you better and quicker results.
- This concoction does work well and you do end up seeing good results, provided you keep yourself away from the sun or protect it with sunscreen when you step out.
- This has no parabens or mineral oils.
- This lotion doesn’t come cheap though.
- It is priced on the higher side. But you don’t have to use too much of it as a little bit goes a long way.
- You can use it on any type of skin as it is not too greasy or oily.
|Suitable for all skin types.||Expensive|
#7 – VLCC De Tan Plus White Glow Moisturising Body Lotion SPF 30
The De tan plus white glow moisturising body lotion is a wonderful product to use as it is a great combination of sunscreen as well as a moisturiser. You don’t have to use anything, in addition, to make sure your skin is protected.
- The SPF 30 is adequate for the Indian sun and can keep you safe for at least 3 hours before you need to re-apply.
- The lotion is a bit runny and it spreads well. It gets absorbed very quickly and locks in moisture, keeping your skin hydrated for at least 6 hours.
- Aloe vera is one of the active ingredients in this product which works in calming and cooling the skin, helping repair sun damage.
- With daily use, you see your skin tone improving and the texture smoothing out.
#8 – Dove hydro nourishment body lotion
Dove nourishment lotion works well for all skin types and gives a certain lighter complexion.
- The nourishing effect of the body lotion is capable of giving your skin a light version and a better looking glowing skin.
- The presence of aloevera and cucumber protects your skin from the sun and gives you a lighter and a brighter complexion.
- It deep nourishes the skin and works its way into the skin and makes sure its glowing and brighter.
|Keeps the skin soft and supple.||Not portable as the packaging is huge.|
#9 – Garnier Skin Natural Body Cocoon Intense lotion
Garnier has some of the best body lotions and it always stays in the right budget.
- We love a good aromatic body lotion. It just makes you feel fresh all day long. The presence of apricot makes this a sweet smelling lotion that spreads on the surface of your skin smooth and evenly.
- The texture of this body lotion is non greasy and extremely delicate that you hardly feel it on the skin.
- This whitening body lotion in India is meant for all skin types as it rightly treats each one.
|Great for all skin types.||Slightly expensive.|
#10 – Avon Naturals Lightening body lotion
Avon is highly considered as one of the most trusted beauty products in India as it gives only the top quality skin care.
- The presence of soy milk and papaya contributes to the whitening of your skin cells and gives you a brighter complexion.
- Not only does this have an impact on the complexion, it also deeply nourishes and moisturises the skin giving you supple skin.
- If you have aging skin, then this product works in keeping with the youthful and radiance of the skin.
|Contributes to slowing the aging of the skin.||Not easily available.|
That was our tried and tested list of the best whitening body lotions in India. You can buy one based on the type of skin you have and your other preferences.
Here are some commonly asked questions answered:
How do whitening body lotions work?
Body lotions cannot actually change your natural skin tone and make your skin fairer. What they can do is either of the following or both:
- Have a bleaching agent (natural or chemical) that removes the tan and lightens the skin
- Have an SPF element that protects your skin from further tanning when you step outdoors. Eventually, your tan fades and you notice your skin getting fairer
Apart from this, they can have other ingredients like Vitamin C that work on evening out your skin tone and help in fading dark spots and blemishes, giving you a nice glow.
Can I skip the sunscreen if I am using a body lotion?
There are some whitening body lotions that come with an SPF in them. If the SPF is around 30, you can skip your sunscreen lotion. Otherwise, you must treat the body lotion as a moisturiser and apply a good sunscreen lotion on top of it.
How quickly can I get whiter skin?
Well, in all honesty, nothing happens overnight. If it is a light tan, it can fade in about three days when you use one of the body lotions listed above. However, if it is a strong tan, it might take about two to three weeks of regular use of these lotions along with protecting your skin from further exposure to the sun.
What are some tips for skin brightening?
- Exfoliate your skin once in two weeks with a gentle scrub to get rid of the dead cells
- Always apply a sunscreen when you step out
- Keep yourself covered when the sun is too harsh, especially during mid-day
- Use one of these brightening lotions to moisturise well before you step out. The sun can dry out your skin and dehydrate you
Hope these helped. With hot days ahead, do get yourself a good body lotion and sunscreen and keep yourself protected while you enjoy the bright days!
Vaseline is the best known body lotion in India and matches the Indian complexion with all of its products.
Product SKU: JFSB5432
Product Brand: Vaseline
Product Currency: INR
Product Price: 345
Price Valid Until: 2021-08-03T20:43:27
Product In Stock: https://schema.org/InStock