Looking for creams to moisturize oily skin? Check out our list of the Best Cold Creams For Oily Skin In India.
Having dry skin is the worst part of enduring winters. It can wear your skin off not only for the time being but also for the long run. Your skin will be more prone to damage and will end up looking dull and lifeless.
If you have oily skin, you might be hesitant to use cold creams as some of them can tend to make you look even more oily. But there are many cold creams that aim at keeping your skin protected from the cold while also not weighing too much on the skin. So here are some of the Best Cold Creams For Oily Skin In India
Related: Best Glycolic Acid Creams in India
After having reviewed all the best cold creams for oily skin in India based on various factors like effectiveness, ingredients, features, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 12 that really stood out. These 12 were put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best cold cream for oily skin in India is Garnier nourishing cold cream. Not only does it deeply nourish the skin but it also prevents grease build-up, making the skin look supple and healthy. Most importantly, this Garnier Nourishing Cold Cream comes with acacia honey which nourishes the skin from underneath and gives a special glow to the skin.
Related: 15 Top Face Creams for Men in India
- Top cold cream for oily skin in India 2021
- Garnier nourishing cold cream
- VLCC intense nourishing cold cream
- MCaffeine cocoa butter cold cream for oily skin
- Himalaya cold creams for oily skin
- Vaadi herbals cold cream
- Khadi cold cream for oily skin
- Spawake cold cream
- Lass naturals cold cream
- Jolen moisturising cream for oily skin
- Thalgo moisturising cold cream
- Dabur Gulabari Moisturising cold cream
- Fair and lovely cream
Top cold cream for oily skin in India 2021
Garnier nourishing cold cream
Garnier has a product for every skin type. This is a deep nourishing cold cream that is the perfect investment to make to prep for the winters. It’s one of the Best Cold Creams For Oily Skin In India.
- Since oily skin needs a product that does not make the skin look greasy even more, this works really well as it controls the cream appearing as oily and greasy.
- The prime ingredient of this cold cream is acacia honey which works really well on the skin and nourishes the skin from underneath and gives a special glow to the skin.
- The cold cream works for 24 hours which means it locks onto your skin and protects it from wearing off and getting dry.
- This product is expensive but completely worth it because of how well it reacts on the skin. You will be surprised at how well your skin is protected.
|Intense nourishment and protection.||Very expensive.|
VLCC intense nourishing cold cream
VLCC is known for its organic ingredients and how it favours different skin types and keeps it well hydrated.
- Having three primary ingredients namely honey, shea butter and argan oil, this is the perfect combination to keep your skin supple and moisturised at all times.
- While keeping the skin hydrated this works really well for skin brightening and giving a special glow to your skin.
- Even though shea butter and argan oil are present there are other elements that lighten the weight of the cold cream so as to weigh light on your oily skin.
- It also has the ability to lighten acne marks and other blemishes.
|Affordable.||Cannot be used on extremely oily skin.|
Related: Best Anti Aging Night Cream in India
MCaffeine cocoa butter cold cream for oily skin
Mcaffeine is one of the blooming brands in India which bases itself with caffeine and proves that it can work wonders on the skin type.
- This has cocoa butter which enriches the skin which has a lot of shine and glow while also not making your skin look too greasy and oily.
- The scent of this cold cream is so ravishing and makes you smell so good all the time.
- There is a long period lock when it comes to scent as well as the moisture.
- If you have extremely oily skin this works perfectly well as it is the proportionate blend of the right kind of elements.
- Not only does it work on the skin but it increases the blow flow in the face and makes you glow once you massage it gently on the skin.
|Smells really good.||Costly.|
Related: 14 Best BB Cream in India
Himalaya cold creams for oily skin
Himalaya is a brand that ensures safety and results at the same time. This is one of the main reasons why it is on top for the best skin care brands in India.
- This skin care cream is the perfect solution for oily skin in India who need to protect their skin from the cold since the impact of that can be bad and harmful.
- It has jojoba and almond oil as the primary ingredients for the product which enriches the skin in every way.
- When used every day, the cold cream can have numerous impacts on the skin and can also bring out a certain glow to the skin.
|Affordable.||Not for too oily skin.|
Vaadi herbals cold cream
Vaadi is a herbal brand that has proved itself with this premium skincare product for oily skin in India.
- Mixed with almonds and saffron this is a cold cream that can make sure you have bright skin.
- Saffron makes sure that your oily skin is kept in control and not too greasy and oily.
- The way it reacts to your skin is so subtle and nonabrasive that you don’t have to worry about the safety.
- Besides keeping your oily skin healthy, this product can also bring a lot of glow and shine to your face if used regularly.
|Saffron acts really well on the skin||Not easily accessible.|
Khadi cold cream for oily skin
This is a herbal cream from Khadi that ensures supple and moist skin all day long as it gives intense nourishment.
- All the ingredients that are used in this cold cream work well on oily skin as it can make it shiny and glowy and avoids excess oil.
- It is safe for everyone with special products to keep their oily skin protected during the winters.
- While keeping the oily skin is kept supple and glowy, you can also expect youthful and bright skin as the cold cream works wonders.
|Brightens the skin and keeps it looking young.||None.|
Spawake cold cream
This cold cream is dermatologically tested and makes sure it works well for oily skin in India.
- It is a mixture of sea minerals and Vitamin E which makes sure your skin has all the aspects to keep your skin glowing and shiny at all times.
- The skin is able to absorb this cream easily as it is super lightweight and does not make your skin look greasy or oily.
- It has instant results as your face looks glowing and bright just after you have applied the cream.
|Non sticky and greasy.||Can be hard to get.|
Lass naturals cold cream
This is a paraben-free cold cream that is extremely safe to use on the skin and keeps it well-nourished.
- It has a bunch of oils that work well together and keep the oil balance in the skin just perfect to combat the winter.
- It is absorbed easily by the skin and avoids further oil to be brought into the skin by any means.
- Your skin will be kept healthy and glowing if used on a regular basis.
|Healthy and glowing skin.||Inappropriate for extremely oily skin.|
Jolen moisturising cream for oily skin
Jolen is India’s most trusted brand and has the right kind of ingredients to support the Indian skin tone.
- The rose glow aspect of this cold cream keeps the skin’s moisture to the perfect level so as to not make it look extremely oil.
- It retains moisture and makes your skin glowing and shining.
- This also works wonders on dryness and wearing off skin by repairing it and keeping it supple all day.
- It also works by protecting your skin from the harmful rays of the sun and gives your skin intense protection.
|Works well on all skin types.||Questionable quality.|
Thalgo moisturising cold cream
This is one of the most premium brands on our list as it is considered very effective.
- The packaging is super stylish and very classy while it contains a gel like cream.
- Using only a minimal amount of this cream can create an instant repair to worn off skin and can take care of your skin for a whole day.
- The cold cream is made up of a certain algae which makes sure your skin is hydrated and works wonders.
- If you are investing in this cold cream one thing we can assure you that this is capable of transforming your skin while also protecting it from the cold weather in India.
|Works wonders on the skin.||Expensive.|
Dabur Gulabari Moisturising cold cream
Dabur Gulabari cream is pretty well known in India mainly because of its affordability and the availability of this particular product across the country.
- This cold cream is lightweight and does not weigh heavy on the skin. This is good news for those with oily skin which means you can have this on your skin with ease and not worry about making the skin look even more oily.
- It has a perfect blend of rose water, Vitamin E, and glycerin which does total; justice to oily skin and nourishes the pores extremely well.
- Your skin can also appear bright and flawless with each use of this product making it spotless and radiant.
|Cost effective and easily available.||None.|
Fair and lovely cream
Fair and lovely is another brand in India that has made a very dedicated customer base.
- The cold cream from fair and lovely promises hydration for a long time while also making sure your face has a vibrant and glowing complexion.
- If you have oily skin, this is the best solution for getting a compact and dewy look without having to try on too much makeup.
- It blends in with glycerin and multivitamins to nourish your oily skin from deep within and give you a flawless look always.
|Blends well with the skin to remove oil residue in the skin.||Gives a makeup base even when you are going in for a subtle look.|
Why Does Cold Cream Not Suit Oily Skin?
Cold creams are actually meant for dry skin. It helps moisturise the skin and prevent it from becoming flaky. So, as you can imagine, it has hydrating agents like oils. Now, using an oil-heavy cold cream on an already oily skin can cause excessive oil build up in the pores. This can result in pimples, acne and various skin issues.
So, it’s better to skip cold creams if you have oily skin. Of course, there are milder options and cold creams without any fatty or oily ingredients which can really work wonders for oily skin.
Choosing Right Cold Creams For Oily Skin
The cold months are the worst for those with oily skin. And choosing a cold cream to keep it moisturised is never easy as the wrong one can cause breakouts. Cold creams with heavy oil content can even cause major skin issues like rashes, hyperpigmentation, pimples and much more.
So, it’s extremely important to find the right kind of cold cream. However, even before you go buying a cold cream, you should know what kind of skin you’re dealing with. Because there are always chances you have combination skin instead of pure oily skin.
For combination skin, a mild cold cream is the best option. However, for oily skin, we recommend an oil-free cold cream that can balance the pH. Not only with this nourishes the skin but the lightweight nature won’t clog the pores.
Are There Side Effects Of Cold Creams?
The side effects depend on the ingredients of the cold cream. However, some of the side effects are also dependent on human error. For example, if you are allergic to something or if your skin has high oil content, then it’s up to you to buy the right kind of cold cream.
A generic cold cream would make it worse and even cause various skin issues. We recommend you consult a dermatologist. Of course, there are Ayurvedic or herbal cold creams that contain only natural ingredients which are definitely easier on the skin when compared to those filled with a ton of chemicals.
But if you’re suffering from serious skin issues, then you’re honestly better of with cold creams that contain effective ingredients like glycerin or salicylic acid. Check out our list of the Best Cold Creams For Oily Skin In India.
How to choose the best cold cream for oily skin?
It’s normal if you have oily skin and you are steering clear from cold creams considering it can make it oilier.
But that shouldn’t stop you from moisturizing the skin during the winter.
Find a product that is not too heavy on your skin. We would suggest you choose something light and with a matte finish.
Protecting your skin from the cold is vital and can be done by incorporating one of these products into your skincare routine. Nourish your oily skin by investing in one of the best cold creams for oily skin in India.
- Best Foot Cream for Cracked Heels in India
- Best Breast Enlargement Creams in India
- Best Underarm Whitening Cream in India
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!