Looking for solution for your baby’s diaper rash? Check out our list of the Best Diaper Rash Cream in India!
Diaper rash is a common but concerning issue your baby can face. Diaper rash refers to the inflamed bright red patches that appear on the buttocks of babies, which can be painful and irritating to the babies.
Diaper rashes happen because of leaving the soiled diaper on your baby for a long time, diarrhoea, use of anti-biotic, and intake of allergenic foods. Predominantly noticed during summer, diaper rash can be avoided by investing in good quality diapers and following some good diaper changing practices.
Related: Best Baby Milk Powders In India
If you happen to notice a diaper rash in your baby, the right way to counter it is by applying the best diaper rash cream you can find on the market. Given the plethora of diaper rash cream products, it can be a real challenge to pick the right one for your baby.
I have done research with the top-selling diaper brands in India to shortlist 10 diaper rash cream products to choose from. Here’s our list of the 10 Best Diaper Rash Cream in India.
After having reviewed all the diaper rash creams in India based on various factors like effectiveness, ingredients, safety, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 10 that really stood out. These 10 diaper rash creams were put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best diaper rash cream in India is the Moms Co. Baby’s Diaper Rash Cream. Not only is It one of the most affordable diaper rash creams but it also happens to be one of the most effective. It also happens to be extremely safe as it’s made from certified natural oil. Most importantly, it has hydrating features that will keep the baby’s skin soft and supple.
Related: Best Selling Baby Diapers in India
- Best Diaper Rash Cream in India
- The Moms Co. Baby’s Diaper Rash Cream
- B4 Nappi Cream
- Mom & World Baby Diaper Rash Cream
- Softsens Baby Natural Diaper Rash Cream
- Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream
- Sebamed Baby Diaper Rash Cream
- Mother Sparsh Plant-Powered Diaper Rash Cream
- Chicco Diaper Rash Cream
- Lotus Herbals Baby+Diaper Rash Crème
- Aquaphor Baby Advanced Ointment Skin Protectant
Best Diaper Rash Cream in India
The Moms Co. Baby’s Diaper Rash Cream
The ingredients in this cream include zinc oxide, jojoba oil, chamomile, and protein mix. Formulated with care to suit your baby’s tender skin, the Moms Co. Baby’s Diaper Rash Cream is a harmonious blend of natural blend and zinc oxide. It’s one of the Best Diaper Rash Cream in India.
This is perhaps the best anti diaper rash cream highly suitable to keep your baby’s skin supple and free from any sores and redness. This cream can work like a protective barrier to safeguard the baby’s soft skin.
While using this product, you will not have to worry about the problem of chemicals getting collected in regular diapers. Recommendations advise applying the cream following every diaper change.
Advantages of the Moms Co. Baby’s Diaper Rash Cream
- Formulated from certified organic oil, this product is good for babies up to 3 years.
- The combination of oil and hydrolyzed wheat protein can protect your baby’s skin and cure or prevent the rashes. It keeps the baby’s skin well moisturized.
- Hypoallergenic and mild and tested clinically for its effectiveness and suitability to sensitive skin.
- Free of any synthetic ingredients, it is not irritating on the skin and relied upon by parents to cure naturally.
- Essential fatty acids, shea butter composition and the calendula oil are ideal ingredients to heal the skin quickly and without any side effects.
The scent feels great and this cream assures a healing touch during every use. Deemed as a value for money product, the one downside can be its less thickness.
Related: Top 10 Baby Carrier in India
B4 Nappi Cream
This diaper rash cream is a great choice as it prevents the appearance of diaper rash once again on the applied area. Parents as well as pediatricians deem this the best diaper rash cream as it provides enough protection against diaper rash in babies.
The healing abilities of the cream are fantastic in assuring quick results. Once a thick white layer of this cream is applied, you can be assured that it will prevent the faecal matter from contacting your baby’s skin.
Advantages of B4 Nappi Cream
- Reduces the chances for rashes. This is a gentle formulation containing calendula oil and shea butter to treat redness and irritation.
- It works as an effective moisturizer and can keep the baby relaxed if the diaper change is delayed unintentionally.
- Ideal for infants with a sensitive skin and can be used continuously as long as the baby depends on diapers.
- This is not a vanishing cream as it leaves a thick white layer on the baby’s skin preventing the contact of faecal matter and urine with the skin.
- The hydrating nature of the cream is effective as it feels soothing and moisturizing on the baby’s tender skin.
- Reviews suggest that this diaper rash cream can be depended on for the greatest protection any cream of this category can deliver. It’s one of the Best Diaper Rash Cream in India.
Packaging, consistent thickness and the comfort B4 Nappi Cream assures are excellent aspects of the cream. One downside of this product can be its scent that does not feel so great.
Mom & World Baby Diaper Rash Cream
The manufacturer has formulated this cream with zinc oxide and Vitamin E. This cream is a great choice for achieving a highly effective protective barrier to cover the area of the baby.
Suitable to delicate and highly sensitive skin, the best aspect of this cream is the healthy formulation that has gone into its making including shea butter, argan oil, aloe vera gel, and shea butter.
The maker has also infused some essential nutrients in its making that can provide natural protection for the tender skin of your baby. It’s one of the Best Diaper Rash Cream in India.
Advantages of Mom & World Baby Diaper Rash Cream
- This cream is highly depended on for its best skin protection capabilities. Does not contain any synthetic ingredients and hence it can be called a perfect natural composition.
- Delivers the goodness of the natural and pure oils that have gone into its formulation. The hypoallergenic components of the cream can keep diaper rash away from your baby’s skin.
- Safe for use on the soft skin of your baby, this cream is highly depended on for the greatest comfort it can assure. Since it is free from paraben and alcohol, it is completely non-toxic.
- This product is clinically tested for its effectiveness in curing diaper rashes and providing a comfortable feeling on the baby’s tender skin.
Ensures best value for money with its highly desirable characteristics like thickness, and a good packaging. Some reviews say the scent does not feel so good during use.
Softsens Baby Natural Diaper Rash Cream
The maker’s description says this is a hypoallergenic cream that is ideal for the sensitive skin of infants. The 100% safe ingredients make sure that this product is the best one for your baby to treat as well as prevent diaper rashes.
The formulation of this cream is free from paraben, synthetic colors and SLES and hence it is highly depended on for quick relief from rashes and a lasting protection to prevent any further recurrence of rashes.
Advantages of Softsens Baby Natural Diaper Rash Cream
- Contains the most powerful zinc oxide further enhanced with the addition of shea butter. This cream sports the greatest moisturizing capability.
- The almond and coconut oils infused in the cream are good enough for cooling the skin and soaking away the moisture. This cream is known to protect the baby’s skin from any damage.
- Highly depended on to prevent irritations, and to cure diaper rashes quickly. The highly effective formulation assures an extended protection against the recurrence of rashes. The baby can feel comfortable in the applied areas.
- The ingredients like aloe vera juice and almond oil make it a great option to repair the broken skin and fight redness and itching.
- The mixed nutrients used in its making provide the twin benefits of treating the rashes as well as repairing the broken skin.
Reviews appreciate its pleasing scent and consistent thickness. One downside reported in the reviews is its durability that is not rated high.
Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream
Himalaya diaper rash cream is one of the leading diaper rash cream in India that delivers the power of select herbs and zinc oxide. Zinc oxide is one of the most popular ingredients in diaper rash creams that can cure the rashes with quickly results and also prevent the rashes from appearing once again.
Moms and paediatricians recommend this cream for its excellent healing power and natural formulation that works the best on the baby’s tender skin. Users say this cream keeps the skin smooth, soft and well-nourished.
Advantages of Himalaya Diaper Rash Cream
- Completely free from mineral oils, paraben and any other artificial oils. Hence this is a great option to keep the rashes away and ensure the lasting freshness of the skin.
- People have reported excellent results right from the day one of applying it on the tender skin of their babies. This cream is relied upon for quick results.
- This cream has a highly soothing effect on the tender and vulnerable skin of your baby. It keeps away allergies, skin damage and rashes.
- Fights a range of skin issues like redness, inflammation, dryness, rashes, irritation, and infections. It feels so comfortable and soothing on the baby’s skin and can provide lasting results by preventing the recurrence of rashes once they are cured.
This is an easy to use cream that can assure the best comfort. The consistent thickness and a pleasing scent are the best aspects of the formulation. Some reviews say this is not the best value for money product though.
Sebamed Baby Diaper Rash Cream
Made in Germany, this cream is highly relied on by parents and pediatricians to cure and ease the symptoms connected to diaper rash. The additional benefit of this cream is its skin nourishing capabilities.
The ingredients like beeswax, moisturizing natural oils, and micronized titanium dioxide are excellent additions to ensure a quick curing of rashes and lasting protection against inflammation, redness and itching.
The regular use of this cream can keep rashes away from the tender skin of your baby. The extra ingredients like sorbitol plus squalene, lecithin, wheat germ oil, panthenol, and chamomile, are a definite plus to the formulation to nourish the skin besides treating it.
Advantages of Sebamed Baby Diaper Rash Cream
- This can be a great choice for infants who need changing diapers very frequently like more than 6 times a day. When compared to the conventional rash creams you can find in the market, this product is depended on for its quick curing abilities.
- The pH 7 of the cream is ideal for the baby’s soft skin to make it supple and hydrated all day long. The high quantity of panthenol supports skin regeneration and heals damaged skin.
- The most encouraging benefits of the formulation is it prevents the recurrence of rashes once again during continued use keeping itching, inflammation and irritation away.
- The presence of squalene plus sorbitol keeps the baby’s skin well-hydrated for a very long time after application. The cream protects the skin from aggressive substances and restricts super-infection of the dermatitis.
The durability of the cream and its thickness have won positive comments in the reviews while some customer reviews say this is not the best value for money product.
Mother Sparsh Plant-Powered Diaper Rash Cream
Made from natural plant-based ingredients, this rash cream is a highly dependable product to treat diaper rashes in babies with a soft skin.
The awesome properties of this cream ensue from its herbs and essential oils. The manufacturer has enriched the cream with a range of ingredients like organic shea butter, grape seed oil, coconut oil, rice bran oil, calendula oil and wheat germ oil.
This cream can cure the diaper rashes quickly and can bestow lasting protection against the recurrence of rashes, redness, itching and skin damage. Parents and paediatricians depend on this formulation for soothing comfort and nourishment of the infants’ skin.
Advantages of Mother Sparsh Plant-Powered Diaper Rash Cream
- Made from essential oils and hence it provides a protective layer on the baby’s skin keeping rashes and bacterial growth away.
- Contains coconut oil that is known to be powerful against microbes and is a very active antioxidant. The cream is easily absorbable by the baby’s skin for extra nourishment.
- Shea butter promotes the growth of new skin cells thus healing any damages rather quickly.
- Free of any harmful or synthetic chemicals like coloring agents, synthetic scents, parabens and phthalate.
- Calendula oil is an active ingredient for protection against inflammation and microbial infection.
- The deep moisturizing abilities of shea butter keeps the baby’s skin soft and supple over extended periods.
This is a natural cream for treating diaper rash and the active plant based ingredients assure a soothing and nourishing effect on the tender skin of babies. Suitable for everyday use without any side effects, no concerning negative points are found in the reviews.
Chicco Diaper Rash Cream
Advertised for treating diaper rashes, the manufacturer has also adequately stressed on the protective, soothing and regenerative capabilities of the cream. Endowed with quick healing features, the natural ingredients like shea butter and glycerin have a moisturizing effect on the skin.
The cream does not contain any synthetic or harmful ingredients that can have an allergenic reaction on the baby’s skin and hence it is safe to use on sensitive skin. All the ingredients are of 100% vegetative origin and the panthenol in the cream helps in the regeneration of the skin.
The product is completely free from alcohols, mineral oils, SLES, SLS, synthetic colours and parabens and so, it is very safe for the soft skin of the baby.
Advantages of Chicco Diaper Rash Cream
- Dermatologically tested for a safe application on the soft skin of babies. The product is highly suitable for babies of one month and above.
- The cream leaves a highly breathable area over the skin and hence keeps the nappy area healthy and free of any infections and irritations.
- The cream does not contain any artificial fragrance and so it is equally liked by all parents.
- Needs only a gentle massage after application and hence it is easy to use frequently over extended periods as long as the babies depend on diapers.
- Carries the twin benefits of fighting rashes as well as treating the broken skin by keeping the skin hydrated and nourished with its excellent ingredients.
Paediatricians highly recommend this cream due to its several advantages and non-allergenic composition that works well on all skin types.
Lotus Herbals Baby+Diaper Rash Crème
Suitable for infants of one month and above, this is a top selling rash cream highly depended on for its rash healing capabilities and excellent nourishing power. The manufacturer has invented an innovative and natural formula for this cream to deliver amazing benefits on the baby’s skin.
The natural ingredients used in its making are sourced from plants, flowers and herbs available naturally and hence the product is highly safe on the skin of the babies. The diaper rash cream is an ideal choice to treat the sensitive skin of infants and keep rashes, inflammation and irritation at bay.
Advantages of Lotus Herbals Baby+Diaper Rash Crème
- Provides a natural way of maintaining the baby’s health in an optimal way. The harmonious blend of calendula oil and zinc oxide extracts provides an excellent protection against rashes and infection.
- Recommended by a lot of pediatricians for an effective skincare of infants, the formulation is free of preservatives, synthetic dyes and scents.
- The product has been clinically tested for its effectiveness in treating rashes and the capacity to provide an extended protection from the recurrence of rashes.
- Made in India product, it is suitable to apply on the baby’s tender skin right after the birth.
- The calendula oil used in its making assures hydrating and nourishing effect on the baby’s skin and the cream protects the baby’s skin from any damages.
Sporting a pleasant fragrance, the product is 100% natural and hence does not cause allergies or discomforts. One downside reported in reviews is it is a bit difficult to wash on the skin.
Aquaphor Baby Advanced Ointment Skin Protectant
Nursing mothers will find this product a highly useful protective cream to treat as well as prevent diaper rashes and a range of skin problems. Suitable for infants right after birth, the cream is depended on for an extended use all through the period when the baby depends on diaper.
The excellent moisturizing and nourishing capabilities of the product are a definite plus that make it a highly desirable option over many other similar products found in the market.
This cream is known to enhance the natural healing abilities of the baby’s tender skin and hence it is depended on for creating a protective barrier between the baby’s skin and the contents of the diaper.
Advantages of Aquaphor Baby Advanced Ointment Skin Protectant
- Clinically tested for its effectiveness in treating rashes and protect the tender skin of babies from infections, redness, itching, inflammation and irritation.
- Besides preventing rashes, the cream is also highly depended on for its nourishing effect on the baby’s skin.
- The petroleum content ensures an optimal flow of oxygen to the parts of application.
- The innovative kind of formulation supports repeated usage with fewer problems.
- An excellent moisturizer, the cream has top nourishing abilities on the baby’s skin.
Easy to apply and wipe, the unique formulation also offers protection against eczema, chapped skin, scrapes and cuts. The products is found to promote a healthy and smooth skin. The greasy nature and the petroleum content is a matter of concern in some reviews.
What causes diaper rashes?
Diaper rashes are caused by different factors including the following.
- Irritation caused by urine and stool
- Infection due to bacteria or fungi under moist conditions
- Chaffing or rubbing of a tight-fitting diaper
- Use of some kinds of antibiotics
- Exposure to some chemicals in the disposable diapers or some detergents used for washing baby’s clothes
- High sensitivity of some babies’ skins or exposure to some new types of foods or allergens
Tips to prevent diaper rashes
Diaper rashes can be a painful experience for your infants often ruining their tender and smooth looks. Sometimes, the worst cases of diaper rashes can be difficult to cure for a long time. Hence prevention is always better than cure. Here are a few tips to prevent diaper rashes in your babies.
Babies can dirty the diapers sooner than you may imagine. Never leave the soiled diapers for too long on your baby.
Some mothers use cloth diapers than disposable ones in order to know immediately when the baby poops or pees.
As much as possible, keep the baby diaper-free so that the covered parts are well aerated preventing moisture accumulation.
Use baby wipes to clean the baby after it poops only when you carry the baby outside. Plain water is always a better cleaning agent when you have access to it. Applying a layer of coconut oil or diaper cream is good before putting on a fresh diaper.
Take care of rashes when babies start on solid foods as this can be a high risk period. Check out our entire list of the 10 Best Diaper Rash Cream in India.
How to treat baby diaper rashes?
The best way to treat diaper rash in a baby is to calm and sooth the red skin by applying the recommended diaper rash cream.
The cream can also act as a protective layer to prevent contact with the urine and stool and excess moisture.
While applying the diaper rash cream on your baby, ensure that your fingers do not get into the cream in a way contaminating it.
Keeping the baby diaper-free for as much time possible can help cure diaper rash quickly and prevent its recurrence.
Tips to choose a diaper cream
Examine the kind of rash to choose the right cream. For irritated bottom, go for a traditional diaper cream. In case of yeast rash infection, buy an antifungal cream.
The most common ingredients in a diaper cream are aloe, calendula, zinc oxide which are known to work well against irritation and inflammation.
Some babies have oily skins while some other babies have dry skin. Choose the right cream after looking at the manufacturer’s specifications on this.
Never go for creams that have mineral oils, lanolin and preservatives. As far as possible, go for natural formulations with herbs and natural oils.
For daily use, go for creams that have zic oxide percentage from 10% to 15% and not more than that. In case of persistent rashes choose the cream with 30% to 40% zinc oxide. Check out our entire list of the 10 Best Diaper Rash Cream in India.
FAQs on diaper rash creams
Why zinc oxide is an active ingredient in most diaper rash creams?
Zinc oxide is a fine powder that is insoluble in water. It is a major ingredient in most facial and beauty care products. Zinc oxide can create a barrier on the skin to keep moisture away. The higher the percentage of zinc oxide in a diaper cream, the more will be its efficiency.
How frequently must I use apply diaper cream on my baby?
To avoid diaper rashes, it is best to use diaper cream once every night before changing the diaper.
- How to choose good diapers?
The best choice are always cloth diapers. If you like to go for disposable ones, opt for the ones that are chemical free.
- Can I apply diaper rash cream on a new born infant?
Yes, diaper rash creams are made with care not to cause any allergies or inconveniences on the baby skin. So, you can choose a good brand of diaper cream to use on your new born baby to prevent diaper rashes.
- How long will it take for a diaper rash to be cured?
In most cases, the maximum period to cure a diaper rash with the use of a good diaper rash cream is seven days. If the problem persists for more than seven days despite the use of diaper cream, you must consult a doctor. Check out our entire list of the 10 Best Diaper Rash Cream in India.
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!