Looking for effective gym equipment to help you lose weight? Check out our list of the Top Dumbbells In India!
When it comes to easy, simple to use and multi-purpose workout equipment, dumbbells top the list. It’s amazing how many exercises one can do using a set of (or single) dumbbells. So, without further ado, here’s our list of the Top Dumbbells In India.
|Best dumbbells in India||Known For||Link|
|Aurion Chrome dumbbells||Best for Sensitive Fingers||Link|
|Aurion||Best for Beginners||Link|
|Protoner||Best for Experts||Link|
|Kore PVC-DM||Best Longevity||Link|
|BodyGrip||Best Adjustable Dumbbells||Link|
|Kakss Vinyl||Best Grip||Link|
|Skera||Best for Daily Workouts||Link|
|Cockatoo||Best for all types of Exercises||Link|
After having reviewed 100 dumbbells in India based on various factors like materials, design and build, structure, weight, centre of gravity, features, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 15 that really stood out. These 15 were further put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best dumbbell in India is the KORE DM-HEXA-COMBO16 Dumbbells. Not only is it extremely affordable but it’s made from high-quality materials that will not deteriorate over time. Additionally, Kore dumbbells have a great structure with the perfect grip and a hexagonal shape that does not let them roll when placed on the floor.
Related: Best Gym Gloves In India
- Best Dumbbells Brands
- Best Dumbbell Brands In India 2021
- SportSoul Vinyl Dumbbell
- KORE DM-HEXA-COMBO16 Dumbbells
- Aurion Set of 2 Chrome Dumbbell
- Aurion Set PVC Dumbbells
- RUBX Rubber Coated Professional Dumbbells
- Protoner 10kg Adjustable Dumbbells
- Kore PVC-DM COMBO16 Home Gym Dumbbells
- Bodygrip Dumbbell Set Combo Dumbbells
- Kakss Cast Iron Vinyl Coated Dumbbells
- Skera Pair of Rubber Coated Hex Dumbbell
- Cockatoo Dumbbells
- Aurion Dumbbells
- SPORTO Dumbbells
- Amazon basics dumbbells in India
- BFit dumbbells in India
Best Dumbbells Brands
Not everybody has the time to hit the gym but we want that toned, muscular bod for sure. Experts have time and again assured that lifting dumbbells can do wonders for your body.
- It can increase your metabolism rate.
- It can reduce inflammation and any chronic diseases that you have.
- It gives you better sleep and a good posture.
- It makes you super strong!
While these are desirable qualities, it may be confusing to find the right dumbbells that have qualities of their own. It is possible that you are conflicted by which one exactly you need to get your hands on.
Make that simpler by reading what we have for you on the best dumbbells in India.
Whether these will be your very first set of dumbbells or you’re looking to add to your already existing collection, you’ve landed on the right page. The expertly collated list below with unique features of each brand will help you decide among the best dumbbells available in India.
Related: Top Bicycle Brands in India
Best Dumbbell Brands In India 2021
SportSoul Vinyl Dumbbell
Sportsoul is a brand that sells good quality products of other brands around the world. These dumbbells are made out of high quality cast iron with a smooth vinyl coating. Vinyl coated dumbbells usually look good and these are no exception to the rule. It’s one of the Top Dumbbells In India.
- Available in lighter weights, the SportSoul dumbbells are ideal for beginners and those who like a light workout. The vinyl coating ensures that these are anti-slip and doesn’t bruise the palms. While the grip is definitely good, it did tend to slip when it was cover with sweat.
The coating also softens the edges of the dumbbells and avoids damage to the floor. These are sturdy and sure to last long even with rough use. Even after having put these through some tremendous stress, it barely had a dent, making it one of the best in terms of durability.
- The quality is extraordinary.
- Ensures safety with its protected surface.
- Sure to last long in spite of regular usage.
- Might be of little value to those who are acclimated to lifting dumbbells.
Related: Best Fitness Band For Women in India
KORE DM-HEXA-COMBO16 Dumbbells
One of the popular brands in the Indian market manufacturing superior-quality training equipment is Kore. The range of products they sell is commendable.
- The DM-HEXA-COMBO range is, as the name indicates, hexagonally shaped which ensures that they don’t roll off when placed on the ground.
- This might seem to be of minor importance but ask any frequent trainer and they’ll tell you how annoying it is when weights aren’t in the place they’re left at! These are priced nominally and the finishing is not great but they are worth the money.
These dumbbells are definitely for intermediate users. Although the treaded metallic grip can help you during long set’s, it can dig into the skin. So, it’s not for those who have sensitive skin that’s susceptible to chaffing. It is hands down one of the Top Dumbbells In India.
- Stays in one place because of the structure.
- Nominally priced.
- Finishing is not satisfactory.
Related: 14 Top Safety Shoes In India
Aurion Set of 2 Chrome Dumbbell
More expensive than the rubber-coated dumbbells, the Aurion Chrome dumbbells are made of steel plated with Chrome, which reduces the chance of rusting. Again, another popular brand with a wide range of products in the Indian market, Aurion makes equipment that is of high quality and accordingly priced.
- The chrome dumbbells have handles that are padded with a soft cushion that drastically reduce bruises and burns on the palm and fingers. In fact, these rubber handles make the exercise much easier as you can just focus on improving strength rather than the pain inflicted on the palm.
- This is a huge relief for those who lift heavyweights. The accuracy of the weights is near perfect. Most importantly, these dumbbells are easy to clean and maintain. Although Aurion is relatively new, it is still one of the most reliable and Top Dumbbells In India.
However, what you’re really paying for is its versatile design that allows you to exercise all major muscle groups like arms, back, chest, legs and even the core. This can be achieved due to its perfect build and accurate weight.
- The quality is great.
- Manufactured to evade bruises and other injuries.
- Comparatively expensive.
Aurion Set PVC Dumbbells
Another one from Aurion, these are probably the cheapest but good quality dumbbells with smooth finishing that you’ll find in the Indian market. Made from PVC, these are great if you worry about the metal dumbbells rusting.
- These are designed to offer enough grip. Available only in lighter weights, they are perfect for those who are starting out or enjoy lighter workouts.
- The downside is that these have to be handled with care as unlike metal, plastic can break if they are manhandled or thrown from great heights.
After subjecting it to various tests, we’ve found that it’s filled with sand, which makes its centre of gravity a bit unstable. We recommend it only for beginners who are trying to elevate strength rather than those looking to shred muscle.
- It offers a firm grip which in turn makes it easier and handy.
- Perfect fit for those into light workouts.
- Has to be handled with extreme care as opposed to while handling metal.
Related: Best Body Weighing Machines in India
RUBX Rubber Coated Professional Dumbbells
The “Made in India ” weights boast of good quality virgin rubber and premium finish. RUBX falls in the category of premium brands, crafting accurately weighing equipment and not compromising on the quality of the materials used.
- The exceptional quality ensures durability and the ability to withstand heavy-duty workout. These hexagonal dumbbells are safe on the floor and prevent damage. After having used it for a few months, I can state that it certainly doesn’t damage the floor if you drop it. This is one of the primary reasons it makes it onto this list of the Top Dumbbells In India.
- The handlebar is well designed and anti-slip. As these are available right from 1kg, these can be bought for home or commercial use.
Although it’s similar to Kore, it is made out of better quality rubber that won’t slip when you’re exercising your core.
- Durable in spite of constant use.
- Available in various sizes.
- The dumbbell is slightly pricey.
Related: Best Punching Bags In India
Protoner 10kg Adjustable Dumbbells
These are for men and women who like being able to do a range of exercises with different weights at home.
- The Protoner Adjustable dumbbells come with four plates, each weighing 2.5 kgs, making it convenient to add on or reduce the weight using just one pair of handlebars.
These save a lot of space and money, plus add to the convenience. A widely selling brand in India, Protoner makes equipment that is moderately priced and of decent quality.
- Suitable for men and women as it is adjustable.
- Moderately priced.
- The quality is decent. However, it may be less effective for regular use.
Kore PVC-DM COMBO16 Home Gym Dumbbells
Another contender in the adjustable dumbbells category is the Kore PVC-DM Combo16.
- These are perfect for serious and heavyweight trainers as they are sold in adjustable weight combinations up to 26 kg.
- Like their other equipment, these are also well-made and provide safety with the extra nuts to prevent the weights from slipping out during an intense workout.
These are made from PVC which helps keep the cost low. But this also means that the dumbbells have to be handled with care.
- Lots of protective features are available.
- They are sensitive which limits too much effort on the dumbbells.
Bodygrip Dumbbell Set Combo Dumbbells
The BodyGrip dumbbell set combo is recommended for home workouts as the weights can be adjusted to a maximum of 12 kgs.
- Nuts are provided to hold the weights in place. The handlebars are reinforced with anti-slip material. Since the plates are made from PVC, they need to be handled with care.
This set looks premium and is a delight to work with because of the excellent finish.
- It is perfect for home workouts and is safe to handle in such an environment.
- This too should be handled with care and will not withstand too much exertion.
Kakss Cast Iron Vinyl Coated Dumbbells
Kakss Vinyl coated dumbbells are probably the best looking lightweight dumbbells you will find in the Indian market.
- Available in several attractive colours, these are a great motivation for daily training. Ideal for home use, these beautiful weights are of high quality and super durable.
- They are crafted to offer a good grip and not bruise the hand. The coating ensures they are low maintenance and don’t damage the flooring of your house.
These are premium weights priced higher than the other brands in the market.
Available in a variety of colours.
Skera Pair of Rubber Coated Hex Dumbbell
Skera is a popular brand that makes fitness equipment in all ranges. The hexagonal dumbbells are available in all weights and of good quality.
- Made from iron and coated with chrome, these prevent rusting to a large extent. The handle is shaped ergonomically to provide excellent grip, but the core material is iron and can bruise the hand so we suggest you wear gloves when you handle these.
These are priced higher than other brands but the excellent quality rubber coating justifies the price.
- It evades rusting which in turn lasts longer.
- It provides an excellent grip.
- Slightly expensive because of the rubber coating.
Cockatoo is a preferred brand among gym enthusiasts as they manufacture visibly high quality, durable training equipment that doesn’t break the bank. This brand is well known for its level of accuracy in the weights they sell.
- These dumbbells are available in weights right from 1 kg for the beginner who is trying to build strength to over 30 kgs for the pro who is focused on building a muscular body.
The handlebar is shaped to give the palms a good grip. This is important especially with heavier weights.
- It provides a good grip for the palms.
- It has a wide range of options based on your experience.
- It might be a little expensive.
Another set of dumbbells from the Aurion line are these uniquely shaped home weights.
- Available in lots of fun colours, these are very tempting to own. They are made in lighter weights and can be used by beginners who are trying out isolated lifting exercises.
Made from cement and coated with vinyl, these remain rust-free, abrasion-free and don’t damage our floors. The grip is amazing because of the shape. Very stylish looking, these are moderately expensive.
- Available in fun colours and various sizes and shapes.
- This is suitable only for beginners.
Sporto Fitness dumbbells are super affordable in the adjustable weights category. It is one of the Top Dumbbells In India.
- We agree that the quality of these isn’t the best but these dumbbells are near accurate in their weight and come in removable plates up to 8 kg.
The price they are sold for in online stores makes them ideal for anybody to own them and get healthier without busting a lot of cash in the gyms around.
- Cost friendly
- Includes removable plates.
- Quality is not assurable.
Amazon basics dumbbells in India
AmazonBasics has extremely strong and dependable sports equipment that sports enthusiasts abide by. This pair of dumbbells look small and compact but have the strength and can be durable for a long time.
- It is appropriate for long hours of training and is the best solution for professionals. It has an easy neoprene grip which is needed when you are doing heavy grip to keep you in the zone of working out.
It has a warranty of 1 year in spite of its strong build. They are super affordable and can be bought without second thoughts.
- Strong build.
BFit dumbbells in India
Unlike other dumbbells that we have mentioned above, this one is well contained and is super comfortable to use and put back in place.
- This is a very safe way to use dumbbells as you can contain after using them. It is small and compact and can be used by both professionals and people who have just started out with workout sessions.
It has also been used as a therapeutic exercise as it is gentle as well. Works great for people with back pain as it does not strain.
- Very gentle.
Types of dumbbells In India
If you’re a gym enthusiast, you probably already know that there are different types of dumbbells and a plethora of brands selling them in India. If you’re a newbie, you’ll be surprised at the variety out there and that can be overwhelming. Following are the few basic types of dumbbells manufactured:
Fixed weight dumbbells
- These are the traditional ones we’ve known all along. They are fitted with equal weights on both ends and are available in different materials. These common dumbells vary in weight but only come in one singular weight. ie. it cannot be adjusted. For example, a 10 kg dumbells will have 5 kgs on both sides.
- As for materials these dumbbells are mostly made from rubber or iron casts. Additionally, the latest ones come with a smooth grip to prevent blisters.
- Interestingly, fixed weight dumbbells also come with various sub types. Especially since it varies in terms of materials. The most common types of fixed weight dumbbells are:
- Rubber Type: These dumbbells’ are probably the most common. It’s made of rubberized materials that not only add the weight aspect but also provide a certain level of safety. Usually, these dumbbells are just coated with rubber at the ends to prevent scratches and cracks. However, there are also dumbbells out there that are purely made from compressed rubber. Even the handle is made from rubber to elevate the grip.
- Urethane Type: These look really similar to the rubber type. However, they are not only more expensive but they also last for a much longer time that rubber dumbbells. These also won’t scratch easily and don’t come with any irritating rubber smells.
- Cast Iron Type: Probably the oldest type of dumbbell. These are definitely the best when it comes to pure weight. However, they are not the best when it comes to user experience. For example, the poor grip. Most importantly, the weights that are on the higher end are usually made from Cast Iron as other materials can be extremely expensive.
- Very innovative, these were introduced in the recent few years much to the delight of hardcore workout enthusiasts. As the name suggests, these have adjustable weights on both ends which makes it easier to store or carry them. You can also use unequal weights on both ends to give you different results during your workout.
- The biggest benefit of adjustable dumbbells is the safe and consistent growth of muscles and body strength. It is also known to positively impact grip control, allowing you to exercise with ease. They also come with safety locks that make your life really easy.
- Similar to the adjustable ones, these have changeable weights as well except that this can be done while resting on a stand. The stands are inconvenient to be moved around but work best if you have a large space for your workout. These dumbbells are available in different materials and their prices vary accordingly.
- Most importantly, these dumbbells offer a much better grip and you can regular the weights at your convenience. It’s actually easier to adjust the weights with selectorized dumbbells than adjustable ones. The only issue as such is that these are high in quality and are quire expensive. Now, while beginners can buy these, we recommend intermediate users to get these and grow with it.
- You should also get a much heavier range as it will prevent you from plateauing and needlessly spending money. We recommend intermediate users primarily because you would have incorporated fitness into your life enough for this dumbbell to be used on a regular basis and you would also have the required space. As for beginners, it’s best to grow either with a low weight range adjustable dumbbells or just singular weights till your comfortable enough to make it a part of your lifestyle.
Pro tip: Select dumbbells that offer you a good grip and don’t slip (that will end up putting extra unnecessary strain on your muscles and can injure your arms).
Buy dumbbells that you can surely lift. We know it’s good to aim for the stars, but what’s the point in buying something that you just cannot lift? Start with what’s comfortable and after building strength, you can always upgrade. Check out our list of the Top Dumbbells In India.
Advantages Of Working Out With A Dumbbell
Working out with a dumbbells is extremely beneficial. Not only does it help build muscle but it also improves heart rate leading to various advantages. Of course, the exercises need to be done right to maximize the benefits. Read on to find out why dumbbell exercises are so beneficial.
- The most common or rather most obvious benefit of a dumbbell is to help build muscle. The stress of the weight helps tear and repair your muscle at a micro-level. This helps strengthen your muscles and arms. Of course, you can always target various parts of your body with the dumbbells.
- During this entire process, the body burns calories to convert into the energy required to maintain the high-stress exercise, which is why building muscle is also directly proportional to burning fat. Effective dumbbell exercises can also tone your muscles. Most importantly, dumbbells can also improve bone density and help make it stronger.
- As mentioned earlier, dumbbell exercises can get the heart pumping. And increase heart rate and cardio can help improve/strengthen heart health. Unlike anaerobic exercises, dumbbell exercises can increase blood flow and help reduce bad cholesterol.
- And increased heart rate helps burn calories faster and can reduce not only weight but also heart related diseases such as heart attacks, strokes, high blood pressure and much more.
- Actively using dumbbells can also increase the endurance. other than muscle endurance, your resting heart rate can also decrease.
- Interestingly, dumbbell exercises contribute to increasing body stability and if done right can also help develop core strength. It can improve stability as there’s a lot of pressure and stress on the body due to the weight and you will gradually develop a stable core just by standing without wobbling your feet. Additionally, all the muscles also tend to get activated, contributing to this process. Check out our list of the Top Dumbbells In India.
Top Brands of Dumbbells in India
So chances are that you are in awe of dumbbell lifting and want to give it a try or that you already mastered it and want to purchase a dumbbell to practice. Buying one for the house or for seeking out for one for the gym can be a dilemma as well. We have listed the best for each of these requirements.
What type of dumbbells should I buy?
While it depends on the interest and intent of each individual. There are certain features that hold true for all dumbbells, no matter what their purpose. Durability is something you need to keep in mind for strenuous workouts. If you have just started out and are a newbie to this whole extravaganza, we suggest you go for something affordable and basic. You can always switch to a good one once you are in the zone.
Best Dumbbells for beginners
|Sunny Health and Fitness 33lb Dumbbells|
|Yes4All 50lb Adjustable Dumbbells|
|CAP Barbell Cast-Iron Hex Dumbbells|
|Marcy Neoprene Dumbbells|
Best dumbbells for home
|Bowflex SelectTech Dumbbells|
|York Fitness Cast Iron Dumbbell|
|Escape Fitness Classic Urethane Dumbbell|
|PowerBlock Sports 5.0 Dumbbells|
How to choose dumbbells for your home gym?
Choosing a dumbbell for your home gym can be quite different from choosing one for your other needs.
The size of the dumbbell can be important to consider given you will be working out on a daily basis.
This also comes into play when you need to store it in your home gym.
Having a good grip on your dumbbell is key to having a good workout session without which you can have a dangerous experience. So make sure that is taken into consideration before making the purchase.
This is kind of a given but you need to know your capacity and how much lift you can tolerate before you take up lifting dumbbells. Check out our list of the Top Dumbbells In India.
So there’s everything you need to know about the best dumbbells in India. We hope reading this helps you find the perfect one!
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!