Your eyes are the windows to your soul. Your eyes can express happiness, anger, annoyance and every other emotion in a fraction of a second. Makeup for the eyes dates back to many centuries ago when women used colour and kohl to highlight the sparkle.
You, in the 21st century, can sure add some drama with the help of eyeshadow. It is understandable that not everybody is a pro when it comes to applying eye shadow, so here are some of the best eyeshadow palettes in India.
Related: Check out our list of the Best Kajal Brands in India
|Best eye shadow palette in India||Best feature||Link|
|Maybelline eye shadow||A great number of shades||Link|
|Makeup Revolution London||Easily blendable||Link|
|Makeup revolution neutral eye shadow palette||Great blend of matte and shimmer||Link|
|Maybelline new york nude||Shimmery shades||Link|
|L.A girl eye shadow palette||Affordable||Link|
|Wet n Wild||Mauve shades||Link|
Related: Best Highlighter for Indian Skin
After having reviewed the best eye shadow palettes in India based on various factors like shades, quality, longevity, quantity, ingredients, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 12 that really stood out. These 12 were put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best eye shadow palette in India is Maybelline New York The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. Not only does this Maybelline eye shadow palette offer a massive range of shades but it also is made of materials with amazing quality. Most importantly, it’s known for its glamourous peaches and cream loom which can elevate the natural beauty of the user.
- Best Eye Shadow Palette In India
- Maybelline New York The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
- Makeup Revolution London Ultra Eyeshadow palette for beginners
- Makeup Revolution London New-Trials vs Neutrals eyeshadow palette for beginners
- Maybelline New York The 24K Gold Nude Palette
- ColorBar Hook Me Up Eyeshadow Palette
- L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow palette
- Wet ‘n Wild Color ComFort Zone
- Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Color Quartet Eye Shadow, Desert Rose
- Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Color Quartet Eye Shadow, Tanjore Rush
- MAC eye shadow palette
- Wet n Wild eye shadow palette
- Huda Eye shadow palette
Best Eye Shadow Palette In India
Maybelline New York The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette
- Good quality makeup does not come cheap and that holds true for Maybelline New York. – The Blushed Nudes Palette is priced on the higher side but the number of shades you get and the quality of the makeup is excellent.
- One of the best choices for beginner makeup enthusiasts, the Blushed Nudes gets you equipped with a combination of 12 matte and shimmer shades that are easy to apply and blend.
- The richness of the pigment in these shades brings out the actual colour with just one swipe, offering you glam looking eyes.
- Blend in the light pink and light gold shades to give you that “peaches and cream” look with a hint of sparkle.
- Layer on the bolder colours for the evening to bring out the colour of your eyes and give you a luminous appearance.
|Allows you to blend the colors and give you exotic texture.||Not easily available.|
Related: Check out our list of the Best Makeup Kits in India!
Makeup Revolution London Ultra Eyeshadow palette for beginners
While 32 shades might feel a little overwhelming to a budding eye makeup enthusiast, the Makeup Revolution London makes this feel like a piece of cake with shades that are close to each other, super blendable and with good amounts of pigments in them.
- These don’t come cheap, of course, but you get what you pay for.
- This palette moves away from just nudes or shimmers to give you a wider variety to experiment with.
- Not for the faint-hearted, you get a range of blues and purples apart from the usual pinks and browns.
- If you are a newbie, start with blending just one neutral and one brighter shade.
- After you get comfortable, progress to blending more than two shades.
- This palette will cater to you no matter where in your eye shadow journey you are in.
|Great range of dark colors to blend with.||Colors might be a bit bright for those who want to be minimal|
Makeup Revolution London New-Trials vs Neutrals eyeshadow palette for beginners
For those who don’t want to risk it with the Ultra Eyeshadow palette of stronger and bolder colours, the New-Trals vs Neutrals palette is simply perfect.
- With shades ranging from light creams to pretty pinks to darker browns, this is a palette that makes it really easy to blend shades and come out looking like a doll.
- This also has a good combination of matte and shimmer that makes this a universal palette for any occasion.
- Jazz it up for parties with the glittery shades and use the matte ones for your weekday work or school mornings.
- These shades go well with all Indian skin tones as you will realise as you start blending them.
- These do cost quite a bit but the good news is, you can often get them on discount on websites online.
|Great for Indian skin tone||Might not be appropriate for those who need mellow colors.|
Maybelline New York The 24K Gold Nude Palette
Another palette from Maybelline New York for beginners is the 24K Gold Nude Palette. As the name goes, this palette is meant for parties and to create super shiny and glittery looks.
- The shades have intense metallic pigments and show up brilliantly when applied.
- Blending these is also easy and that’s why this palette is apt for a person experimenting and learning makeup.
- These are very blendable with either your fingertips or a sponge applicator.
- Do apply a base or concealer before you use the eye shadow palette to get the best out of it.
- Blend two or three shades, combining the browns with the gold to create a lovely honeydew look.
- Use the green blended with gold depending on our outfit for the evening or the browns for a smokey effect.
|Easily available.||No bright colors.|
ColorBar Hook Me Up Eyeshadow Palette
This playful palette is perfect for those who are looking to add a bit of luxury to their party nights. This seven color palette is both rich and intense in color making it ideal for the summer season.
- Additionally, the warm tones stand out and are long-lasting. This highly pigmented range of nudes and pinks are quite versatile.
- You can make do with this irrespective of the time of day.
- It also happens to be Smudge-proof and Water-proof. Most importantly, it’s manufactured without mineral oils, formaldehyde-releasing compounds or parabens
- Although it’s quite pricey, it really is worth your money. This palette is known to blend seamlessly and give your eyes an amazing definition.
- It is also smear-proof, crease-proof, and budge-proof.
|Versatile colors and quality materials||None|
L.A. Girl Beauty Brick Eyeshadow palette
This palette is strictly for those who love to create drama wherever they go! Bold and brilliant colours, this eyeshadow palette by L.A. Girl is fun and young and vibrant.
- The colours are not exactly “neon” as the name suggests, but they are strong and have intense pigments.
- The colours pop with just a couple of swipes, and they make your eyes pop too.
- These are perfect for Indian skin tones and for occasions here that involve us wearing bright colours and standing out in a crowd.
- If you are a beginner using this, we would advise you to be careful while blending different colours as each of these shades is very different and not really close to each other.
- However, the consistency of the cakes is of high quality and the brush provided is quite convenient.
- This palette is priced competitively in the market and is worth investing in if you like bold colours.
|Great for those who love variety||Colors and shades can be a little too bright|
Wet ‘n Wild Color ComFort Zone
This product by Wet ‘n Wild is one of the most gorgeous eyeshadow palettes you will come across. With a beautiful blend of earthy colours, this is perfect for dusky and darker skin tones to give you an olive or dewy appearance.
- It also goes well on fairer and wheatish skin tones to play up the eyes.
- The combination of shimmer and matte cakes are completely blendable and with intense pigments.
- You can use the matte shades to create a subtle workday look and layer on the shimmery shades for a wet evening party look.
- The package comes with instructions on how to blend eyeshadows in, which is quite helpful to follow if you are a novice.
- What we love best about this palette is the price – totally affordable for such an awesome piece.
|Exciting shimmer colors of the palette.||Not for those who love bright colors|
Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Color Quartet Eye Shadow, Desert Rose
It’s not possible to come up with a list of beauty products without our own brand, Lakme. Proudly Indian, and serving Indian women for the past few decades, Lakme has come a long way from just the basics.
- Perfect for beginners, the Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Color Quartet Eye Shadow collection offers just 4 beautiful shade options, making it simple and easy to pick.
- The Desert Rose is a versatile set which has subtle colours like pink, brown and light gold.
- These are some of the best shades a beginner can play with to create lovely eyes for work or evening events.
- These are not bold shades, yet they come with high intensity of pigment that lasts long.
- They have a subtle shimmer that brings an instant sparkle to the eyes without feeling too overpowering.
- A much bolder look can be achieved too by simply going over the eyes a few times and blending the shadow in well.
|The eyes appear shimmery and sparkly.||Limited colors on the palette|
Lakme 9 to 5 Eye Color Quartet Eye Shadow, Tanjore Rush
Here is another eyeshadow palette from Lakme’s 9 to 5 Eye Color Quartet which we believe would be an amazing one to own, for beginners. The Tanjore Rush is made in India, for India. No Indian event is complete without vibrant colours, silk and embroidered clothes and sparkling jewellery.
- The only kind of makeup that goes well with these clothes is some brilliant and bold makeup.
- The Tanjore Rush is something beginners can experiment with for those weddings and other events with jewel colours like forest green, a Kanchipuram silk purple, and deep yellow gold.
- These are also intensely pigmented, offering brilliant sparkle, yet not going over the top, and are long staying.
- Apply a layer of neutral or subtle gold or shimmer and then blend in the shade of your choice to achieve some drama for that special occasion.
- These are also kind on your wallet, especially if you are looking to experiment.
|Cheap and affordable.||Limited shades available.|
MAC eye shadow palette
MAC has some of the best quality makeup products and the costly rate it comes in does not even matter because of the top-notch quality.
- The colour that dominates the eye palette is mauve which we think is absolutely amazing given how rare that color is. Not to mention how perfect it is for every occasion and event with your outfit.
- The other pink/red/purple shades are as subtle and graceful as mauve is and gives out a certain sense of grace and elegance when worn.
- These colors look great on people with lighter and darker skin tones when worn at a consistent degree.
- There is no shimmer in this palette and that is one of the reasons this stands out because of how well it is balanced.
|Extremely exotic looking||None.|
Wet n Wild eye shadow palette
Wet n Wild is a brand that caters to women with different beauty needs and they meet them adequately without leaving them hanging.
- This is best known as the eye shadow palette for travelers because of how compact it is.
- The color shades are very rustic and look super gorgeous on women with a darker skin tone.
- The shades of brown range from light to dark brown and work amazingly on the skin.
- Undertones work really well on these shades and you can style and work them perfectly according to the event that you have to attend.
|Amazing and sexy purple shades||Not easily available|
Huda Eye shadow palette
Huda eyeshadow palette which is rose gold is highlighted among beauty product buyers because of how cost effective it is.
- The compact boxes are so comfortable to use the products and have a neat dress up period without accidently destructing the palette.
- Another major pro of this eye shadow palette is that the colors are super subtle and goes with casual outfits more.
- Since it is small and compact this eyeshadow palette is travel friendly.
- If you are in a confused state about which brand to go after we would vouch for this brand since it is affordable and takes the risk factor off.
|Travel-friendly and affordable.||None.|
While it is fairly easy to choose a single or individual eyeshadow, choosing a palette is always tricky. Most beginners always end up with one or two shades in the palette untouched. Sometimes the colours look good in the palette because of the “cheerleader effect” but when you start applying the shades, they don’t really come out as well as you expected. Below are some FAQs to help you decide which are the best eye shadow palettes for you:
Things To Consider When Buying An Eye Shadow Kit
Eye Shadow Palettes are quite essential when it comes to overall makeup. So, it’s extremely important you invest in the right shades and type of eye shadow palette. After all, the wrong shades can make you look really unnatural and out of place. So, refer to the following buying guide for more information.
- Eyeshadow palettes come in various types of finish which all serve different purposes. Unfortunately, finishes also depend by brand. So, you’ll have to buy from multiple places depending on your needs. Here are some of the most common finishes.
- Matte: Matte is definitely one of the most common finishes. It doesn’t come with that fancy shimmer or shine. It’s perfect for defining your eyes an even helps in getting rid of some fine lines. If used properly, it can even re-shape your entire eyes. The only issue is that it might look chalky on the wrong skin tone. So, be sure to consider that as well.
- Shimmer: Shimmer finish is also quite common and it is used to create a shiny pizzaz look. Of course, shimmer eye-shadow palettes range from subtle classy shine to serious sparkle.
- Eye colour matters a lot when it comes to choosing your eye shadow palette. Not only to the shades need to complement your eye colour but it should also elevate it and contribute to beautifying your face. Certain colours tend to complement your eyes more than others. Of course, shades that blend with your skin tone can be a great place for beginners.
- Natural Metallic shades are great for all eye colours and skin tones. Dark Eye shadows will really benefit from a teal or violet range of shades while those with lighter eye shades can benefit from pink and peach shades.
- Here’s a list of the best eye shadows for different types of colours:
- Black Eyes: The biggest benefit of having black eyes is that all eyeshadow shades tend to complement it. Of course, some more than others. However, you will be limited by your skin tone. For example, if you have black eyes and dusky skin, the best eyeshadow colour would have to be darker shades of red, voilet or teal.
- Brown Eyes: For brown eyes, the best shades would have to be peach, pink or even green and its variants. Depending on the time of day and the ocasion, you can even go with a gold palette.
- Green Eyes: Although green eyes are quite rare among Indians, we’ll still cover it. To really enhance the already beautiful green eyes, it’s best to choose a dark eye palette like purple or plum. We really recommend the plum option as it can really beautify the eyes.
- Blue Eyes: Blue is another rare eye color. However, if you have it then the best eye shadow palette would have to be the lighter shades like pink,peach or coral. If you’re looking to go to a night event then brown is your best bet.
- Settings are absolutely critical when it comes to eye shadow palettes. If you want to wear it on a daily basis to work, college, etc. Then lighter hues would be ideal. However, if you want to wear it for a party or a special occasion, then you might have fun with a glittery palette.
Range and Versatility
- Eye shadow palettes can be help with more than just beautifying your eyes. A palette with black or brown can be extremely useful as you can use these shades with an eyeliner brush. Eye shadow palettes tend to be be just as safe as eye liners. So, you won’t have to invest in both. You can even wet the brush to give it a wet liner look.
- A good eye shadow palette can also be used to add blush. Of course, you’ll need to have the pink shade. There are even palettes out there that can help with contouring. The most useful eye shadow palettes even have a place holder for lipsticks, gloss, highlighters and much more.
- Yes, the size of the eye shadow palette actually matters. Palettes can quite expensive if you use them on a daily basis. So, ideally, you need to look for bigger palettes that can last for a while. The make-up itself has a shelf life of 2 years. So, if you’re going for quantity, aim for a palette that can last for about 6 months (If your using it on a daily basis) or 1 year (If you’re using it only during special occasions).
- Larger eye shadow palettes, of course, also have the advantage of range. You can experiment and play around with a lot of styles and looks.
What is the best eye shadow palette?
The best eye shadow palette in India would have to be the Maybelline New York The Blushed Nudes Eyeshadow Palette. Not only do you get 12 shades but you also get a high-quality shadow palette that is easy to blend.
The 12 matte and shimmer shades range from light to bold. The light shades giving you peaches and cream look while the darker shades bring out the colour of your eyes. Check out our list of the Best Eye Shadow Palette In India.
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!