Man or woman, the skin on your face is the most sensitive and requires the most care. You cannot really use the same products on your face as you use on the rest of your body.
While there are a lot of skincare products out there for women and lots of reviews on them, we found that there aren’t many for men. So here we go, some of the best face creams for men in India.
- Best Face Creams for Men 2020
- Best Face Cream brands for men
- Top brands of face creams for men 2020
- #1 – NIVEA MEN Moisturiser face cream for men
- #2 – Pond’s Men Daily Defence face cream for men
- #3 – The Man Company Face cream for men
- #4 – Blue Nectar Face cream for men
- #5 – Biotique Face cream for men
- #6 – Garnier Men Power White face cream for men
- #7 – L’Oreal Paris Men Expert face creamb for men
- #8 – UrbanGabru Insta Glow face cream for men
- #9 – Spruce Shave Club Natural Moisturizer For Men
- #10 – Beardo Ultraglow Face cream for men
- Face Creams for Men in India
Best Face Creams for Men 2020
So are you one those who think face creams for men are not necessary at all? We are here to shatter that misconception and tell you how using products to care for your skin is equally important to men as it is to women. Men have different skin types and need the necessary products to keep the skin intact. There are so many products out there catering to each type and we have curated the best for every skin type and listed them out for you. Have a look.
Best Face Cream brands for men
|Skin type||Face cream product||Price|
|Acne||L’Oreal Paris Men Expert cream||Rs. 539|
|Ageing||Blue Nectar Face cream||Rs. 785|
|Pimples||The Man Company Face cream||Rs. 297|
|Dry||NIVEA MEN Moisturiser||Rs. 111|
|Tan||Biotique Face cream||Rs. 150|
|Oily||Garnier Men Power White cream||Rs. 134|
Top brands of face creams for men 2020
#1 – NIVEA MEN Moisturiser face cream for men
Nivea has always been one of the best brands out there for both men and women. Widely trusted and used by people across the world, Nivea’s skincare products are some of the safest you can get.
- The creme made especially for men is different from the usual Nivea creme moisturiser as this can penetrate thicker skin.
- It is slightly greasy but works very well if you have dry skin. If you have normal or oily skin, we would recommend you use a lesser quantity.
- The creme is quite dense and a little bit goes a long way. It is priced affordably.
- Sold in the traditional Nivea tin, we find this to be a little difficult to be taken out and used when compared to a jar or a box, but for the quality, this isn’t really a deal-breaker.
Keeps the skin supple.
Not for oily skin.
#2 – Pond’s Men Daily Defence face cream for men
Pond’s is a popular company, well-reputed for their skincare products for women, high on quality and efficiency.
- Their range of products for men is equally good, keeping up with the quality they stand for.
- The Pond’s Men Daily Defence is a face cream that you can use every day, especially if you spend time outdoors in public transport or if you take a two-wheeler to work.
- This has an SPF of 30 which works well in protecting your skin from the harsh sun rays and keeps you from tanning.
- It is also a good moisturiser but not very greasy, therefore, apt for any type of skin.
- It is a little thick but it spreads well and evenly and gets absorbed quickly.
Acts like sunscreen.
The texture can get a little too thick.
#3 – The Man Company Face cream for men
While many companies primarily focus on women and have an off-shoot set of products for men, The Man Company solely caters to men’s skincare.
- Their range of products is quite niche and interesting to try out.
- This daily moisturising cream is rich with a blend of Shea butter and vitamin E.
- The texture is light and spreads very well.
- It also gets absorbed instantly.
- This is a bit greasy, so if you have oily skin, you should use very little.
- This face cream is made from a large number of natural ingredients and is completely free from sulphates and parabens.
- The packaging is premium, the product is premium and so is the price.
- Do look online for slashed prices and good discounts.
Should not be used in large quantity.
#4 – Blue Nectar Face cream for men
If you’re looking to go completely natural and stay away from chemicals, the face creams by Blue Nectar is our recommendation.
- This is a sandalwood and saffron based cream that also has a blend of 12 other herbs like manjishta, aloe and mulethi.
- These herbs have the properties of tightening the skin, protecting it from the harsh sun and weather conditions and moisturising it to keep it plump and healthy.
- This cream with no parabens gives you almost immediate results.
- This cream is priced on the expensive end of the spectrum but worth it for the ingredients it contains.
- This is not greasy, quite light and spreads easily. You can use this both during the day as well as in the night for the best results.
Gives best results when used twice a day.
#5 – Biotique Face cream for men
Biotique is a brand that has established itself as purely natural and affordable to the common man.
- While most of their products are unisex, they do have a few products exclusively for men that work very well.
- The Bitter Orange face lotion is great for using regularly and moisturises beautifully.
- Since this is a lotion, it spreads better than creams.
- This face cream has a whitening element that helps get rid of tan and protects the skin from the strong rays of the sun.
- This is perfect for dry skin and during the winter.
- It might be a bit sticky for those with slightly oily skin.
Helps get rid of tan and acts as a whitening agent.
Not for oily skin.
#6 – Garnier Men Power White face cream for men
Garnier’s range of products for men has been around for ages and has been receiving very good reviews from regular users.
- It has a pollution control element which helps protect the skin from the dust and grime of the day.
- This is a great option if you ride or walk on the streets every day. It also protects from the sun’s UV rays, making sure your skin doesn’t age too quickly or tan.
- This is not very greasy and can be used even if you have oily skin. It is light and spreads well.
- It does give pretty good results where the skin feels softer and brighter due to the vitamin C, within a few weeks of continuous and dedicated use.
Can be used on oily skin.
#7 – L’Oreal Paris Men Expert face creamb for men
The next one on our list of the best face creams for men is a high-end product from L’oreal Paris.
- This face cream is a powerful brightening serum with vitamin C.
- This also has an SPF of 26 which effectively protects your skin from the sun’s harmful rays, making sure you don’t tan and keeps you from getting skin diseases due to overexposure.
- The texture is light and smooth and is super absorbent.
- It hydrates well and keeps the skin moisturised for the whole day.
- Though it gives some immediate results like improving the softness of the skin, using this over a period of time shows other results like the lightening of the skin.
- This premium product is priced accordingly on the higher side.
Hydrates the skin well.
Priced on the higher side.
#8 – UrbanGabru Insta Glow face cream for men
UrbanGabru is a brand slowly edging its way into the Indian market with its quality products exclusively created for men.
- The Insta glow face cream is a wonderful product that is loved by everybody who has used it.
- What works effectively is the SPF content in it, at about 50.
- This helps protect men’s skin from the harshest of sun rays which is a main contributor in the darkening and dullening of the skin.
- This is not very sticky or oily and can be used by people of any skin type.
- Since it is light, it does not clog the pores and therefore prevents acne from forming.
- With continuous use, the skin does look quite bright and smooth.
#9 – Spruce Shave Club Natural Moisturizer For Men
If you have oily skin and have been looking for the perfect moisturiser that does not have you dripping oil in a few minutes of application, this is it.
- The Natural moisturiser for men by the Spruce Shave Club is light and non-greasy, making this ideal no matter what type of skin you have.
- This spreads beautifully and evenly, leaving your skin with a smooth and supple texture.
- The blend of Argan oil and Shea butter heal the skin damaged from the sun and pollution and nourish it.
- This cream is made from organic and natural ingredients and is sulphate and paraben-free as well.
Made from organic ingredients.
#10 – Beardo Ultraglow Face cream for men
Beardo is a startup that brought about a change in how we view men’s skincare. With its exclusive range of products catering to every beauty and hygiene need of men, this brand is here to stay.
- The Ultraglow face lotion is the one-stop lotion for protecting the facial skin, nourishing it with the required moisture, removing dark spots and evening out the skin tone.
- It does come with an SPF 30 that also works in keeping the skin from being affected by the sun.
- This does not have any parabens and sulphates, making this product something that can be used every day, long term.
- This beautiful blend of aloe vera, sunflower oil, mulberry extract and vitamin E is quite pocket-friendly.
Stays intact with the skin for long.
Not for oily skin
Face Creams for Men in India
Now that we have listed the best face creams for men we are also going to dive into the various queries people have with products made exclusively for men. Make sure you make sure to consider all the possible aspects before you pick the perfect product for your needs.
Why are face creams important for men?
There are some elements that could be harsh on the skin like the sun, pollution, extremely cold winds and hard water. These slowly but surely corrode the skin and before you know it, your skin looks old, dull and aged. Face creams can help prevent this but infusing the moisture lost due to natural elements like the weather.
Why do men need to use a different face cream?
Men’s skin differs widely from women’s. Women’s skin is thinner and can absorb creams quicker. They also need a lesser amount of cream to see results. Men’s skin is thicker and needs heavier creams and lotions to do the job. That is why it is important to use a range of products that are specifically designed keeping men in mind.
Though face creams can work wonders, it is important to pay attention to your skin, take care of it regularly and give it the nourishment it needs. Make sure you wash your skin with a face wash twice a day. Use a toner to close the pores and follow it up with a face cream. You could choose from the list above. Exfoliate once a week or once in two weeks to remove dead skin cells and to help the face cream effectively penetrate through to nourish your fresh skin.