That glow on your skin comes from something deep within, something that cannot be achieved by a regular moisturiser. Face serums have been around for ages but have been overlooked by many, opting for the regular face cream or moisturiser. The right face serum can work magic on your skin, removing wrinkles, keeping it soft, supple and youthful. But, are you confused about deciding which is the right face serum for you?
Worry not, cos you have landed on the right page, listing the best face serums in India
- Best Face Serum in India 2020
- Face Serums In India
- #1 – Biotique Bio Dandelion face serum
- #2 – UrbanGabru Vitamin C Face Serum
- #3 – Beardhood Vitamin C Face Serum
- #4 – Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Vitamin C Face Serum
- #5 – Khadi Global Vitamin C Serum
- #6 – The Body Avenue Vitamin C Face Serum
- #7 – Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil face serum
- #8 – Lakme skin gloss face serum
- #9 – Olay face serum
- #10 – Biotique face serum
- #11 – L’Oreal face serum
Best Face Serum in India 2020
|Skin Type||Face Serum Brand|
|Dry skin||Lakme Absolute face serum|
|Oily skin||Body Avenue face serum|
|Sensitive skin||Mama Earth Face serum|
|Rough skin||UrbanGabru Vitamin C Face Serum|
|Wrinkled skin||Biotique face serum|
Face Serums In India
#1 – Biotique Bio Dandelion face serum
The first face serum on our list of the best ones you can find in India is the Bio Dandelion by Biotique. A trusted brand that uses only natural ingredients, this has been around for decades and is used by millions across the country. Bio Dandelion face serum is a concoction of some active ingredients like dandelion root, almond oil and Khamir powder which work on deeply nourishing the skin through the layers, brightening it, improving elasticity and keeping it supple and healthy.
- This being an anti-ageing serum has vitamin E and helps fade away dark spots and ease out wrinkles.
- It gets absorbed quickly and just a few drops are enough for the entire face and neck.
- Like all Biotique products, the quality is really good and the price is economical.
- The only thing we felt could be improved is the way the container is designed.
Vitamin E in the face serum helps for anti-ageing.
The container is a little inconvenient.
#2 – UrbanGabru Vitamin C Face Serum
While most products out there target the women market, there are a few brands that solely focus on men. UrbanGabru is one of those brands that have a range of high-quality products for the modern man to choose from, right from cleansers to moisturisers to now, face serums.
- The vitamin C serum is an effective product that we absolutely loved.
- Men’s skin is thicker than women’s and requires ingredients that are more intense and can penetrate through.
- This serum has a blend of aloe vera for cooling down the skin, and hyaluronic acid to hydrate the skin well, retaining the moisture throughout the day.
- The vitamin C does a good job of brightening the skin and the results can be seen within a few weeks of using this serum.
Vitamin C brightens the skin.
#3 – Beardhood Vitamin C Face Serum
Another skincare brand in India that gives men what they truly deserve is Beardhood. The products in its skincare range are of top-notch quality and very effective.
- The Vitamin C serum for face is on our list for the mix of amazing ingredients that work instantly to moisturise the skin, make it soft and give it that desired, clean look.
- The design of the bottle deserves a mention as it makes it easy to remove the exact amount of product you require and reduces waste.
- This face serum has the extract of green tea as an active ingredient that helps repair skin damage caused due to harsh weather conditions.
- The hyaluronic acid locks in moisture, keeping your skin hydrated while the vitamin C brightens the skin, removes tan and keeps the skin glowing.
Removes tan and brightens skin.
May not be suitable for sensitive skin.
#4 – Mamaearth Skin Illuminate Vitamin C Face Serum
Mamaearth is a skincare brand that does not use harmful parabens and silicones in their products, making them safe for daily and long term use. This brand is quickly establishing itself in India and is becoming very popular.
- The Illuminate vitamin C serum by Mamaearth has the goodness of turmeric that acts as an antiseptic, healing the skin and giving it a natural lustre, while nymphaea alba flower extract moisturises the skin, reducing wrinkles and smoothing it out.
- There is also squalane which is an effective detoxifier, pumping in antioxidants into the skin, which is responsible for keeping your skin youthful and elastic. Vitamin C helps remove the tan, fade dark spots and brighten the skin.
- This serum is quite light and spreads well and can be used on any type of skin.
Suitable for all skin types.
#5 – Khadi Global Vitamin C Serum
The next one to feature on our list of the best face serums in India is the Vitamin C serum by Khadi Global. These skincare products are made purely from vegan and plant-based ingredients and have no silicones or parabens that may have long term negative effects on the skin.
- Ingredients like Ferulic acid efficiently protect the skin from damage, giving it enough antioxidants to keep the skin elastic and young.
- Vegan glutathione acid lightens the skin by fading dark spots and keeping the skin from ageing.
- It also helps prevent wrinkles and eases out fine lines.
- Hyaluronic acid locks in moisture, making sure the skin is well hydrated, while the Vitamin C brightens the skin, keeping it glowing.
- This serum, along with a good sunscreen can protect your skin from damage and restore its youthfulness.
Works as a sunscreen also.
#6 – The Body Avenue Vitamin C Face Serum
The first and most basic step to achieving brighter skin is exfoliation. This is a step that is not followed by many and those who do follow this religiously see visible results.
- Exfoliation by itself can be something that might slip your mind when you have to do this as a separate step.
- The Body Avenue makes this part of your skincare regime by including an efficient exfoliator in their face serum. It is considered one of the best Vitamin C serum.
- A few drops of this serum massaged into the face every day infuses the benefits of witch hazel extract and basil extract, keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Mandarin oil along with vitamin C brightens the skin by fading away tan and dark spots caused due to sun damage and ageing.
- This serum also hydrates the skin and keeps it that way throughout the day.
- This works well for normal and oily skin.
- However, if you have very dry skin, you will require an additional moisturiser to prevent your skin from drying out.
Takes away tan and dull skin.
May not work well for dry skin.
#7 – Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil face serum
The last one on our list of the best face serums in India is the Lakmé Absolute Argan Oil face serum.
- This serum is designed to be used in the night and left on the skin to work on nourishing it overnight.
- Argan oil has a lot of antioxidants that slow down the ageing of your skin and help maintain its natural youth.
- It is also an anti-inflammatory, therefore, soothes the skin and heals it.
- This is a perfect choice for people with normal or oily skin as it moisturises very well and you wake up with soft, elastic, healthy-looking skin.
- The subtle glow is also worth a mention.
- However, this serum is not sufficient if you have very dry skin as it is light in texture.
- You might need an extra moisturiser to give you the hydration you require.
It is anti-inflammatory.
#8 – Lakme skin gloss face serum
Here’s another face serum for Indian skin from Lakme. The reason we are repeating from this brand is that they produce some of the best face care products.
- This face serum does not have to be added to bare skin. You can just add it to your foundation and apply it across your face for the best results.
- Since this allows being applied during the day it is resistant to the sun and protects your skin from tanning.
- This gives you glowing and perfect skin as the name of the products itself suggests.
Perfect glowing skin.
#9 – Olay face serum
Olay is one of the most reputed skin care products that is available in India.
- Olay’s face serum keeps the skin firm and avoids sagging of the skin under the eyes and in all the sensitive parts of the face.
- The product is pump based which means you can apply it easily on your face.
- It contains the anti oxidants which nourishes the skin in every way and gives you glowing and bright skin.
- All you have to do is massage it gently on your skin and leave it for a while till your skin absorbs it.
#10 – Biotique face serum
Biotique is one of the most trusted organic skin care products that is available here in India.
- Biotique has all the organic ingredients in this face serum including nutmeg which is great for firm skin.
- If you have saggy skin this is the best face serum for ageing skin.
- Besides working on saggy skin, it also fades dark spots and works its way through acne and black marks.
- We assure you that your skin will be glowing and bright in a week.
How to use
Apply two or three drops on your palms and massage it on your face and neck. Keep massaging for about 2-3 minutes.
#11 – L’Oreal face serum
L’Oreal has premium products that cater to skin and works its way into giving glowing and smooth skin.
- This face serum from L’Oreal contains micro essentials which works wonders on all skin types.
- This works really well on people with oily skin as it can make a huge difference in bringing a glow to the skin.
- This face serum should be applied to the skin after you wash your face. Ideally during the night and in the morning.
Now that you have our list of the best face serums in India at your fingertips, here are some frequently asked questions answered:
Is a face serum more effective than a moisturiser?
First of all, you need to understand that serum and moisturiser have different functions. Though the basic function of both is to provide enough moisture for the skin, moisturiser works on a superficial level, working to lock in the moisture, whereas serum goes deeper into the layers of the skin and nourishes from there.
Serums are mainly used to treat certain skincare issues or to provide an extra boost of nutrition, for example, for brightening of the skin.
Which one do I choose? Serum or moisturiser?
They don’t replace each other. As explained above, they have different purposes. Use a serum first depending on your skincare need. If required, use a moisturiser on top of the serum to hydrate your skin and keep it moisturised for the rest of the day. Your sunscreen will follow after the moisturiser.
How long does it take for the face serum to get absorbed into the skin?
Any product takes about 1 to 2 minutes to get absorbed into the skin, and serums take the same amount of time. The maximum time it takes it about 5 minutes. We recommend you wait a minute or two for the serum to get absorbed before you apply the next one on your skincare regime.
At what age should I start using a face serum?
When you start using a serum would depend on your skincare needs. Most anti-ageing serums work well when you start in your early 30s. However, it is safe to start using other types of serums depending on your skin issues after the age of 25.
How long does it take to see the results of a face serum?
With good quality serums, it usually takes about 3 to 5 weeks to begin seeing results. Do keep in mind that healthy and glowing skin is a result of not only the face serum you apply but also a good cleansing, toning routine and a healthy lifestyle. Also, keep your skin protected from sun damage and pollutants.
Most face serums can be used without the fear of harming your skin. However, we do recommend that you get the expert opinion of a dermatologist first if you wish to specifically target certain skin issues.
Though expensive may not always translate to good quality, choosing reputed brands has perks like high-quality ingredients which won’t harm your skin. Choose from our list of the best face serums in India for a reputed brand with tried and tested results.
Biotique face serum is one of the best ayurvedic serums for flawless skin
Product SKU: UTY765PL
Product Brand: Biotique
Product Currency: INR
Product Price: 184
Price Valid Until: 2021-08-03T19:16:58
Product In Stock: https://schema.org/InStock