“I love having dry skin”, said Nobody!!
If you are one of those who have extremely dry skin, you can totally relate to all the issues after you use a face wash, like itching, that stretchy feeling, feeling very tight, white patches and what not! A regular face wash is simply not enough for you.
You need a face wash for dry skin that is deeply moisturising, yet gentle on the skin, something that can take care of your skin all day long. You are in the right place to discover the best face washes for dry skin in India. Keep reading and find out:
After having reviewed 100 face washes for dry skin in India based on various factors like effectiveness, ingredients, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 15 that really stood out. These 15 were put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best face wash for dry skin is Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash as it contains Aloe vera, an important ingredient to soften and hydrate the skin. Not only is it affordable at Rs. 150 but it also comes with a large package that can last for about a month if used regularly. This is perfect to use both during the day and at night.
- Top Face Wash For Dry Skin in India 2021
- Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash for Dry Skin
- NIVEA Face Wash for dry skin in India
- Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash for dry skin
- Biotique Bio Berberry face wash for dry skin
- Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for dry skin in India
- ST. D’VENCE Moroccan Argan Oil and Raw Honey Face Wash for dry skin
- Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Sandalwood and Honey Face Wash for dry skin
- Neutrogena Extra Gentle Facial Cleanser for dry skin in India
- St. Botanica Berry Revitalising face wash
- Lakme blush and glow facewash for dry skin
- Pond’s flawless deep facewash
- Seba med facewash for dry skin
- Body Shop Vitamin E Facewash
- Lotus Jojoba facewash for dry skin
- Jovees facewash
Top Face Wash For Dry Skin in India 2021
Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash for Dry Skin
Ubtan is the golden solution for all skin problems as advised in Ayurveda and followed by many Indian women over the generations. In today’s busy times, it can be quite difficult to obtain the individual ingredients, process them into a paste and then make sure that it is properly preserved. That’s where Mamaearth comes into the picture. Our answer and the solution.
- Mamaearth, as a brand is becoming quite popular with its natural products for skin and hair, made without harmful parabens and silicones. Sold online, these products are slightly more expensive than the other brands but they are surely worth it.
- The Ubtan natural face wash is a wonderful blend of turmeric and saffron that are a natural anti-inflammatory and tan removers, protecting the skin and healing it from the effects of the sun and pollution.
- This face wash is enriched with coconut oil, carrot seed oil and Vitamin E that do the job of nourishing the skin, hydrating it and keeping it soft and supple.
This face wash is outstanding. After testing it out for a month, we could notice the difference. My skin has become softer with zero dead skin. The high effectiveness of this face wash can be attributed to the combination of Stearic Acid and Sodium Cocoyl Glycinate that cleanses and hydrate the skin respectively.
Makes the skin supple and soft.
NIVEA Face Wash for dry skin in India
Nivea is a brand that is popular especially amongst people who have dry skin. Most widely used in the colder parts of the country or during the winter, these products are specifically designed to ensure that your skin is taken care of, all day long.
- The face wash meant for dry skin is one of our favourites on this list as it leaves your skin feeling soft as a baby’s once you wash it.
- It is made up of milk and honey, two ingredients used traditionally to keep skin soft and young. Milk cleanses the skin and adds lustre while smoothing it, removing fine lines that are caused due to the lack of moisture.
- Honey does the job of moisturising the skin, locking in moisture and making sure the skin is supple. It also acts as a natural bleach, helping remove tan, fade away blemishes and dark spots and brighten the skin overall. And not just the goodness inside the bottle, we also love the way this is shaped!
- The smooth texture of milk and the moisturizing ingredients such as honey work wonders on dry skin. While it seems to be targeted towards women, it also works for men. Of course, if your skin pH is high, then it might not be as effective.
For best results, we recommend that you wash your face with water before applying this face wash. You should ensure you lather up as this is more effective on the pores. People with oily skin should really stay away from this one as it can cause breakouts.
Removes as tan.
Not for sensitive skin.
Related: Best Highlighter for Indian skin
Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash for dry skin
As soap can dry out the skin further, Himalaya has created a face wash that is free of soap, made with ingredients that effectively moisturise the skin and keep it youthful and glowing.
- Aloe Vera is a plant that grows in our backyard and has been used as a medicine over the years for any cut or bruise.
- We also know that it is a good moisturiser. This combined with the cooling and hydrating effect of cucumber extracts and menthol makes this is a good face wash to cleanse the face while soothing and softening it.
- The Vitamin E in the ingredients ensure that the skin is nourished well, kept supple and elastic. Like all Himalaya skincare products, this face wash is priced affordably and a little bit goes a long way. They come in different sizes, including a 50 ml travel pack to make it convenient for the user.
This face wash is my absolute favourite, it’s my go-to face wash for the winter months when my skin gets extra dry. The combination of Aloe and Cucumber not only moisturize and hydrate the skin but also helps soothe it. We recommend you let it stay on your face for a few minutes for the best results.
Biotique Bio Berberry face wash for dry skin
Biotique is one of the favourite brands of Indians owing to the fact that its products are all 100% natural, with no chemicals, making it the chosen one to be used long term. While Biotique has a lot of different types of face washes, there is one particular one that we love for dry skin, the Bio Berberry.
- A concoction of the extracts of berberry, red sandalwood, fenugreek and almond oil, this is a cream-based face wash that is of slightly thick consistency.
- The sandalwood and fenugreek work on protecting the skin from the harsh effects of pollution and healing it while the almond oil infuses Vitamin E and nourishes the skin.
- The only disadvantage is the shape of the bottle that makes it difficult to pump out the contents as it empties.
You get good results as you feel your skin get softer and smoother, along with a dewy glow when you use this face wash regularly. What’s truly magical is that this face wash cleanses the skin. And I mean the “deep into your pores” kind of cleanse before it hydrates it. So, you can even skin the moisturisation session if you’re in a lazy mood.
Smoother and softer skin.
The packaging is not practical.
Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for dry skin in India
A brand that is widely recommended by dermatologists across the country owing to its gentle ingredients for skin that is sensitive, Cetaphil is very well known. This is a cleanser that can be bought in stores offline as well as online.
- A non-foaming cleanser, this does a good job of moisturising the skin as it cleanses. With active ingredients that balance the pH of the skin and are free of perfumes and fragrance, this is something that can be carried with you and used anywhere.
- What is impressive is the fact that this does not require water to wash away. Simply massage it into your skin and wipe it away with a soft facial tissue or a wet wipe, and your face is clean and fresh for the rest of your day.
This face wash is premium and is more expensive than other face washes in the market. We found it to be worth it as it can not only deep clean the pores but also help reduce its size, making skin smoother and supple.
Can be used as a wipe-off.
ST. D’VENCE Moroccan Argan Oil and Raw Honey Face Wash for dry skin
With Argan oil being the most popular ingredient in skincare products now, St. D’Vence is on our list of the best face washes for dry skin in India.
- This face wash is truly one of the best as it efficiently moisturises dry skin with its blend of natural ingredients. The Moroccan Argan oil in this face wash does its work of ensuring that the skin is hydrated well.
- The raw honey not only moisturises but also brightens the skin, removes fine lines and gives your skin a soft golden glow.
- The aloe vera also moisturises the skin and soothes it, healing fine cuts and bruises caused due to environmental damage, which may not be visible to the naked eye.
All in all, this is a wonderful face wash, enriched with Vitamin E, perfect if you are struggling with dry skin. This also smells nice, making it a pleasure to use this every day.
Has a lovely scent.
Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Sandalwood and Honey Face Wash for dry skin
Next on our list of the best face wash for dry skin is our very own “Khadi”, India’s pride.
- This ayurvedic face wash is a beautiful mixture of sandalwood and honey, two ingredients that only hydrate the skin but also work efficiently in protecting the skin from sun and pollution damage.
- When used regularly, you find that the goodness of the honey evens out your skin tone and softens the texture, while the sandalwood soothes the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes and dark spots. They pump in a lot of nutrition and reduce the effects of ageing.
One thing to be kept in mind is that this face wash works quite well for moderately dry skin but if you have very dry skin, you might need to top up with a good quality moisturiser. Priced nominally, this is an affordable skincare product.
Does not work effectively on extremely dry skin.
Neutrogena Extra Gentle Facial Cleanser for dry skin in India
The last one on our list of the best face wash for dry skin available in the Indian market is the Extra gentle facial cleanser by the international brand, Neutrogena.
- This face wash is perfect if you have moderately dry skin or skin that dries out mainly in cold weather. It is also a good option for sensitive skin as this moisturising face wash is free of any fragrances that could possibly irritate the skin.
- This soap-free face wash manages to add in a good amount of moisture every time you wash your face, and effectively locks it in, keeping your skin well hydrated until the next wash. It helps soften your skin and keep it elastic.
The suppleness adds to your skin’s youthful appearance along with a smooth texture. Neutrogena is a premium product using high-quality ingredients and is priced accordingly, much higher than the other brands in the market.
Good for sensitive skin.
St. Botanica Berry Revitalising face wash
The mineral extract with the addition of exotic fruits like mulberry, blueberry, and other fruit can be your new favorite product if you have dry skin.
- Besides the fact that this smells like a dream, this feels extremely soft on your skin and gives you a very soft texture and moisturizes your skin because of the presence of fruits.
- Since it is silicone-free it can be great for all skin types and can work its way into locking moisture for the skin in every way.
Your skin will appear softer and plumper with the extracts and goodness of the skin. If you have skin that is wearing off you will see the difference in only a week’s time.
Fixes worn off skin.
Poor package quality.
Lakme blush and glow facewash for dry skin
Lakme’s mixture of fruits in facewash smells so good and gives you the softest skin texture ever. The strawberry blast is a facewash that has proven to be one of the best solutions for dry skin in India.
- If you have sensitive skin and you want to be on the right track of treating your skin this is a great step into getting soft and plump skin.
The small beads that are present in the facewash are great to remove blackheads and dirt that is accumulated in your pores.
It is gentle on the skin.
If you have extremely dry skin, this may not be for you.
Pond’s flawless deep facewash
Pond’s has the best-advanced Vitamin formula which is capable of cleansing the most affected skin type.
- This face wash is the best treatment for tan and sunburn as dry skin is the most prone to damage from the sun.
- If you have sensitive skin, we suggest you get the recommendation from a dermatologist before you go ahead with this product.
Besides keeping the moisture and hydration in check, we’ve found this face wash can also brighten your skin and give you a better complexion.
Gives a brighter complexion.
Not for sensitive skin.
Seba med facewash for dry skin
The cleansing formula of Seba med is a necessity for dry skin as it has a way with working on damaged skin.
- Being dermatologically tested, you can use this product without any doubt for side effects on your skin.
The main feature of the facewash is to check the balance of the skin and keep it nourished and hydrated at all times.
Skin stays hydrated for a long period of time.
Hard to get the product
Body Shop Vitamin E Facewash
Body shop has proven to be one of the most premium brands for beauty in India and has provided us with some top quality face products such as this facewash.
- The formula of this Vitamin E face wash is mild and does not act too roughly on the skin but treats the surface just right with the right kind of ingredients.
What we love about this Vitamin E serum is that it works wonders on sensitive skin by nourishing it with the right kind of ingredients and allowing the skin to shift from one texture to another in the best way. Given its mild, this facewash does not have the ability to remove buildups or makeup.
Great for sensitive skin.
Not for oily skin.
Lotus Jojoba facewash for dry skin
You know how everyone talks about natural nourishing facewashes for the well being of your skin? This is the one.
- Made up of jojoba oil and other nutrients this has the ability to nourish and moisturise the skin and gives your skin a certain sense of glow.
The other main aspect of this facewash is that it nourishes your skin and balances the pH of your skin. It works super well for those who suffer from acne as well.
Works for acne as well.
Can be quite strong for sensitive dry skin.
Jovees has only grown over the years in gaining more following for their brand.
- The strawberry present in this facewash sure makes this smell like a dream. The exfoliating beads present in the facewash nourishes the skin while also removing dead cells from the surface of the skin.
After each facewash your face is sure to glow and have a clean and a smoother surface.
|Cleans the skin and moisturises it.||Expensive.|
Your face is the first thing anyone notices about you. Good, smooth skin makes it easier to make that great first impression, adding to your confidence, good mood, setting the right tone to your day. Though you can certainly use a heavy moisturiser, it is the face wash that your skin comes into contact first thing, and hence, that is the most important.
Things To Consider Before Buying A Cleanser For Dry Skin
Choosing the right face wash for dry skin isn’t as simple as it seems. In fact, picking the wrong face wash can actually make your skin worse. Other than causing damage, it can accelerate the aging process. So, please to refer to the list of factors below before you choose your face wash.
- Ingredients are extremely important when it comes to dry skin. As dry skin has naturally low oil, using a face wash with more alcohol content or oil cleansers can make it worse. This can make it dry, tight and flaky. Stripping away the essential natural oils might also result in poor skin health and cause skin related ailments.
- The best kind of face wash for dry skin should contain pH balancers and hydrating ingredients like ceramides, glycerin and Aloe Vera. This can elevate the moisture and prevent it from cracking. You should also avoid parabens, fragrances and other irritants as well. Natural ingredients like oatmeal and Shea butter on the other hand will do great.
- Irritants such as fragrances can also be a major contributor to skin related issues. So, if your witness red patches or any rashes after washing your face, it’s better to change your face wash.
- Exfoliation by itself might sound good. After all, it helps remove dead skin cells from the pores and prevent blackheads. However, it might be extremely harsh on dry skin. Using exfoliating agents such as beads on your dry skin might cause friction and damage, doing more bad than good.
- So, what should you do about your dry skin shedding? It’s better to simply wash it every day with mild face wash that’s meant for dry skin. This will naturally remove the dead skin build-up. You could also moisturize every day, to build up your skin’s pH balance.
How to Use Dry Skin Facial Cleansers?
Dry Skin facial cleansers are unfortunately not easy to use. In fact, using it the wrong way can really hurt your skin. So, it’s better to read the instruction and use it accordingly. However, here are some steps to follow to make your life a whole lot easier. Most importantly, these steps will ensure that you can get the most out of the product.
- It’s best to start off by washing your face thoroughly with lukewarm water. You should ensure that the water has a lukewarm temperature as it can help open up the pores without damaging the skin like hot water. Constantly using hot water can age your skin tremedously.
- Next up, take a small amount of the product and gently apply it your face and neck. Some products might also require you to lather up before you use it. So, adhere to the steps accordingly. We recommend you lather up as it can help seep into the skin easily.
- Now, you should gently massage the product onto the face in a circular motion. This will automatically product a lather. You should make sure to do this gently. Rubbing the product deep into your skin can actually end up damaging the skin. So, you have to be gentle and consistent for a long duration to see visible differences.
- Once this is done, you can rinse out the product with lukewarm water. Make sure you get all of it out. Ideally, you should spend no more than 5 minutes on the entire thing. Once your done rinsing, dab the skin with a soft towel to remove excess moisture.
- Now that you’ve removed the moisture, it’s time to moisturize! Use a moisturizing lotion or cream that’s meant for dry skin and you’re golden.
- As for the the number of times, we recommend you keep it to twice a day. Overusing the fase wash can make your dry skin issue worse as it strips you of natural oils. We also recommend you splash water on your face every now and then to keep in hydrated
How do I choose a face wash for dry skin?
If you have dry skin then it is vital to make sure of the products you are using to curb the dryness. If you force your skin to endure a lot of chemicals it will only cause the skin to fall out more. Your face has sensitive skin and requires a lot of thought when it comes to choosing a product.,
- It should be a gentle cleanser as your dry skin is in a very vulnerable state so chemicals can only worsen the skin situation.
- It is important to make sure your face wash is hypoallergenic and free of scents.
- Avoid antibacterial soaps and cleansers.
Do Face Washes Really Work?
A lot of us might be skeptical when it comes to face washes. Especially, men who tend to consider the functionality, efficiency and price. If you think that a soap would do, you could be more wrong. A soap is made out of seriously harsh chemicals and the facial is one of the most sensitive parts of the body.
So using a soap on your face when your young makes it seem like it’s fine. However, it’s only when you start to get older that your skin deteriorates much faster. A soap is highly alkaline while the face tends to be acidic. So, the combination results in seriously dry and unhealthy skin that’s prone to flaking, wrinkling and sagging. It is also prone to serious damage and breakouts.
A face wash on the other hand can help get rid of the the debris and unwanted pollutants without stripping away the natural and beneficial oils. Most importantly, it also balances the pH level, thereby maintaining the skin health. Face washes also helps in exfoliating the skin. It removes the dead skin and gives your face a fresh look.
Of course, to really benefit. You need to do your part as well. Make the face wash into a foam before you apply it as it’ll be easier for your skin to absorb it. Additionally, also ensure to wash it off with room temperature water as both warm and cold water can have adverse affects. You can also try massaging your skin as you apply it to improve blood flow.
When Should You Start Using a Face Wash?
While most experts claim that starting late could delay the progress and you need to be using face wash as early as possible. We have a different approach. After consulting with various experts, we feel that you can generally start during or after puberty. Skin care routine is going to be a constant thing and it can gradually help your skin health over time.
We recommend during and after the onset of puberty because your face will break out due to hormonal fluctuations. So, it’s the right time to start tackling acne. Additionally, it’s better if you invest in a quality face wash rather than a cheap face wash that provides a lot of quantity. Of course, never get face wash for the wrong type of skin as it can make it worse.
So, really, even if you start today it’s still better late than never. Most importantly, you need to decide your goals before you cake your face with loads of chemicals.
We recommend that you stick to a consistent routine of washing your face with a face wash twice a day: once in the morning after working out, when the pores are open and toxins are flushed out. And, of course, once before bed. This will get rid of the debris and pollutants while rejuvenating the skin. This helps keep it supple.
Which Himalaya face wash is good for dry skin?
Himalayas aloe vera face wash is an amazon solution for dry skin. It is super gentle and treats dry skin with a lot of care. It is one of the most hydrating faces washes that Himalaya provides. Use it twice daily for the best results. While you’re applying it onto the face make sure to gently massage your face for at least 2 minutes before rinsing off the lather.
What is the safest face wash for dry skin?
Most face washes and soaps in the market advertised for dry skin are filled with ingredients that don’t really do the job or damage the skin further, causing breakouts and other additional issues.
Also, most soaps dry out the skin unless they are specifically made with a heavy moisturising component. This is why face washes are your best option if you have dry skin. Not every face wash is the same. There are face washes made for different types of skin and if you choose the wrong one, it can play havoc on your skin.
Since it can be confusing to decide which face wash you should buy, we have made it easier by researching the face washes for dry skin in India. Choose the right one for your type of skin from the tried and tested list above, put together by us.
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!