“I love having dry skin”, said Nobody!!
If you are one of those who have extremely dry skin, you can totally relate to all the issues after you use a face wash, like itching, that stretchy feeling, feeling very tight, white patches and what not! A regular face wash is simply not enough for you. You need a face wash for dry skin that is deeply moisturising, yet gentle on the skin, something that can take care of your skin all day long. You are in the right place to discover the best face washes for dry skin in India.
Keep reading and find out:
Best face wash brands for dry skin 2020
- Best face wash brands for dry skin 2020
- Best Face Wash for dry skin 2020
- #1 – Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash for Dry Skin
- #2 – NIVEA Face Wash for dry skin in India
- #3 – Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash for dry skin
- #4 – Biotique Bio Berberry face wash for dry skin
- #5 – Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for dry skin in India
- #6 – ST. D’VENCE Moroccan Argan Oil and Raw Honey Face Wash for dry skin
- #7 – Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Sandalwood and Honey Face Wash for dry skin
- #8 – Neutrogena Extra Gentle Facial Cleanser for dry skin in India
- Face wash for dry skin in India
Best Face Wash for dry skin 2020
#1 – Mamaearth Ubtan Natural Face Wash for Dry Skin
Ubtan is the golden solution for all skin problems as advised in Ayurveda and followed by many Indian women over the generations. In today’s busy times, it can be quite difficult to obtain the individual ingredients, process them into a paste and then make sure that it is properly preserved. That’s where Mamaearth comes into the picture. Our answer and the solution.
- Mamaearth, as a brand is becoming quite popular with its natural products for skin and hair, made without harmful parabens and silicones. Sold online, these products are slightly more expensive than the other brands but they are surely worth it.
- The Ubtan natural face wash is a wonderful blend of turmeric and saffron that are natural anti-inflammatory and tan removers, protecting the skin and healing it from the effects of the sun and pollution.
- This face wash is enriched with coconut oil, carrot seed oil and Vitamin E that do the job of nourishing the skin, hydrating it and keeping it soft and supple.
Makes the skin supple and soft.
#2 – NIVEA Face Wash for dry skin in India
Nivea is a brand that is popular especially amongst people who have dry skin. Most widely used in the colder parts of the country or during the winter, these products are specifically designed to ensure that your skin is taken care of, all day long.
- The face wash meant for dry skin is one of our favourites on this list as it leaves your skin feeling soft as a baby’s once you wash it.
- It is made up of milk and honey, two ingredients used traditionally to keep skin soft and young.
- Milk cleanses the skin and adds lustre while smoothing it, removing fine lines that are caused due to the lack of moisture.
- Honey does the job of moisturising the skin, locking in moisture and making sure the skin is supple.
- It also acts as a natural bleach, helping remove tan, fade away blemishes and dark spots and brighten the skin overall.
- And not just the goodness inside the bottle, we also love the way this is shaped!
Removes as tan.
Not for sensitive skin.
#3 – Himalaya Moisturizing Aloe Vera Face Wash for dry skin
As soap can dry out the skin further, Himalaya has created a face wash that is free of soap, made with ingredients that effectively moisturise the skin and keep it youthful and glowing.
- Aloe Vera is a plant that grows in our backyard and has been used as a medicine over the years for any cut or bruise.
- We also know that it is a good moisturiser. This combined with the cooling and hydrating effect of cucumber extracts and menthol makes this is a good face wash to cleanse the face while soothing and softening it.
- The Vitamin E in the ingredients ensure that the skin is nourished well, kept supple and elastic.
- Like all Himalaya skincare products, this face wash is priced affordably and a little bit goes a long way.
- They come in different sizes, including a 50 ml travel pack to make it convenient for the user.
#4 – Biotique Bio Berberry face wash for dry skin
Biotique is one of the favourite brands of Indians owing to the fact that its products are all 100% natural, with no chemicals, making it the chosen one to be used long term. While Biotique has a lot of different types of face washes, there is one particular one that we love for dry skin, the Bio Berberry.
- A concoction of the extracts of berberry, red sandalwood, fenugreek and almond oil, this is a cream-based face wash that is of slightly thick consistency.
- The sandalwood and fenugreek work on protecting the skin from the harsh effects of pollution and healing it while the almond oil infuses Vitamin E and nourishes the skin.
- You get good results as you feel your skin get softer and smoother, along with a dewy glow when you use this face wash regularly.
- The only disadvantage is the shape of the bottle that makes it difficult to pump out the contents as it empties.
Smoother and softer skin.
The packaging is not practical.
#5 – Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser for dry skin in India
A brand that is widely recommended by dermatologists across the country owing to its gentle ingredients for skin that is sensitive, Cetaphil is very well known. This is a cleanser that can be bought in stores offline as well as online.
- A non-foaming cleanser, this does a good job of moisturising the skin as it cleanses.
- With active ingredients that balance the pH of the skin and are free of perfumes and fragrance, this is something that can be carried with you and used anywhere.
- What is impressive is the fact that this does not require water to wash away.
- Simply massage it into your skin and wipe away with a soft facial tissue or a wet wipe, and your face is clean and fresh for the rest of your day.
- This face wash is premium and is more expensive than other face washes in the market.
Can be used as a wipe-off.
#6 – ST. D’VENCE Moroccan Argan Oil and Raw Honey Face Wash for dry skin
With Argan oil being the most popular ingredient in skincare products now, St. D’Vence is on our list of the best face washes for dry skin in India.
- This face wash is truly one of the best as it efficiently moisturiser dry skin with its blend of natural ingredients.
- The Moroccan Argan oil in this face wash does its work of ensuring that the skin is hydrated well.
- The raw honey not only moisturises but also brightens the skin, removes fine lines and gives your skin a soft golden glow.
- The aloe vera also moisturises the skin and soothes it, healing fine cuts and bruises caused due to environmental damage, which may not be visible to the naked eye.
- All in all, this is a wonderful face wash, enriched with Vitamin E, perfect if you are struggling with dry skin.
- This also smells nice, making it a pleasure to use this every day.
Has a lovely scent.
#7 – Khadi Natural Ayurvedic Sandalwood and Honey Face Wash for dry skin
Next on our list of the best face wash for dry skin is our very own “Khadi”, India’s pride.
- This ayurvedic face wash is a beautiful mixture of sandalwood and honey, two ingredients that only hydrate the skin but also work efficiently in protecting the skin from sun and pollution damage.
- When used regularly, you find that the goodness of the honey evens out your skin tone and softens the texture, while the sandalwood soothes the skin and reduces the appearance of wrinkles, blemishes and dark spots.
- They pump in a lot of nutrition and reduce the effects of ageing.
- One thing to be kept in mind is that this face wash works quite well for moderately dry skin but if you have very dry skin, you might need to top up with a good quality moisturiser.
- Priced nominally, this is an affordable skincare product.
Does not work effectively on extremely dry skin.
#8 – Neutrogena Extra Gentle Facial Cleanser for dry skin in India
The last one on our list of the best face wash for dry skin available in the Indian market is the Extra gentle facial cleanser by the international brand, Neutrogena.
- This face wash is perfect if you have moderately dry skin or skin that dries out mainly in cold weather.
- This is also a good option for sensitive skin as this moisturising face wash is free of any fragrances that could possibly irritate the skin.
- This soap-free face wash manages to add in a good amount of moisture every time you wash your face, and effectively locks it in, keeping your skin well hydrated until the next wash.
- It helps soften your skin and keep it elastic.
- The suppleness adds to your skin’s youthful appearance along with a smooth texture.
- Neutrogena is a premium product using high-quality ingredients and is priced accordingly, much higher than the other brands in the market.
Good for sensitive skin.
Face wash for dry skin in India
Your face is the first thing anyone notices about you. Good, smooth skin makes it easier to make that great first impression, adding to your confidence, good mood, setting the right tone to your day. Though you can certainly use a heavy moisturiser, it is the face wash that your skin comes into contact first thing, and hence, that is the most important.
How do I choose a face wash for dry skin?
If you have dry skin then it is vital to make sure of the products you are using to curb the dryness. If you force your skin to endure a lot of chemicals it will only cause the skin to fall out more. Your face has sensitive skin and requires a lot of thought when it comes to choosing a product.,
- It should be a gentle cleanser as your dry skin is in a very vulnerable state so chemicals can only worsen the skin situation.
- It is important to make sure your face wash is hypoallergenic and free of scents.
- Avoid antibacterial soaps and cleansers.
Which Himalaya face wash is good for dry skin?
Himalayas aloe vera face wash is an amazon solution for dry skin. It is super gentle and treats the dry skin with a lot of care. It is one of the most hydrating face washes that Himalaya provides. Use it twice daily for the best results. While you’re applying it onto the face make sure to gently massage your face for at least 2 minutes before rinsing off the lather.
What is the safest face wash for dry skin?
Most face washes and soaps in the market advertised for dry skin are filled with ingredients that don’t really do the job or damage the skin further, causing breakouts and other additional issues. Also, most soaps dry out the skin unless they are specifically made with a heavy moisturising component. This is why face washes are your best option if you have dry skin. Not every face wash is the same. There are face washes made for different types of skin and if you choose the wrong one, it can play havoc on your skin.
Since it can be confusing to decide which face wash you should buy, we have made it easier by researching the face washes for dry skin in India. Choose the right one for your type of skin from the tried and tested list above, put together by us.