Only people with oily skin know the never-ending struggle we go through every day with pimples, blackheads, makeup dripping off and whatnot. Not all face washes for oily skin work very well, as we see our pores secreting oil after just a few minutes. With the hot summer season here, it is time we found the best face wash for oily skin. Here is a list of the best face wash in India for oily skin and blackheads, made for Indian skin, for the Indian weather:
- Top face wash for oily skin and black heads in India
- Facewash brands for oily skin and blackheads
- #1 – WOW Skin Science Anti Acne Face Wash
- #2 – Mamaearth Charcoal Natural Face Wash for blackheads
- #3 – Aroma Magic Neem And Tea Tree Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
- #4 – NIVEA Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
- #5 – Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Face Wash
- #6 – Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
- #7 – NIVEA Men Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
- Best facewash brands for oily skin and blackheads 2020
Top face wash for oily skin and black heads in India
|Skin type||Best face wash brand||Link|
|Oily Skin||Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash||Link|
|Sensitive skin||Nivea face wash||Link|
|Rough skin||Neutrogena face wash||Link|
|Large pores||Mamaearth Charcoal Natural Face Wash||Link|
|Acne prone skin||WOW Skin Science||Link|
Facewash brands for oily skin and blackheads
#1 – WOW Skin Science Anti Acne Face Wash
The first one to top our list is the Anti Acne face wash by Wow Skin Science. If you are wondering why an anti-acne face wash is on our list, it is because one of the most common reasons behind blackheads and acne is oily skin.
- And face washes that advertise that they can get rid of acne mostly have active ingredients that help remove oil from the skin and clear the skin of blackheads.
- This facewash by Wow Skin Science has a blend of Tea tree oil and Neem leaf, both which are known to remove oil from the skin and clear it of blackheads and whiteheads.
- Of course they have antiseptic properties as well which kills the bacteria that are responsible for acne.
- It also has mulberry and liquorice extracts that help reduce scars, brighten the skin, and give it a glow, a glow that is different from the shine of the oil on your skin!
- This product also has no harmful parabens or sulfates, therefore, very safe to be used twice a day to wash your face.
|Antiseptic properties that will heal your skin.||Expensive.|
#2 – Mamaearth Charcoal Natural Face Wash for blackheads
The next one on our list of the best face wash for oily skin and blackheads in India is the Charcoal face wash from Mamaearth. Charcoal is an age-old ingredient that was used to clean the skin as it is known to suck out the dirt from the pores and give you squeaky clean skin.
- This face wash blends another tried and tested ingredient, clay, which unclogs pores and removes blackheads.
- Clay and Charcoal also has the properties of removing oil, which is a blessing for those with extremely oily skin.
- The Mamaearth face wash works beautifully in avoiding blackheads as it also has coffee beans that are a known exfoliator.
- All Mamaearth products are free of parabens and SLS which make these safe to be used on the skin long term.
- This face wash smells lovely too, which is an added bonus.
|Has a good smell.||Expensive.|
#3 – Aroma Magic Neem And Tea Tree Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
Blossom Kochar, one of India’s leading pioneers in aromatherapy has some of the best products designed specially for Indian skin. As we already know, tea tree and neem are an efficient combination when it comes to removing excess oil from the skin, disinfecting and avoiding acne breakouts in the skin.
- This face wash also has rose extracts which help in cooling down the skin and soothing it.
- There are also small quantities of antioxidants, beta carotenes and lemon extract which brighten the skin and nourish it.
- This face wash lathers very well and a small amount is sufficient as it goes a long way.
- Using this twice a day regularly gives us good results, certainly worth every penny spent.
|Brightens skin and removes dirt effectively.||None|
#4 – NIVEA Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
This popular brand, Nivea, is sure to be on any list as it has some of the best skincare products across the world.
- The Face Delights face wash for oily skin definitely does not disappoint us oily skinned people as the main ingredient, gram flour, does a superb job of removing the excess oil and shine from the skin.
- As we Indians know, gram flour also has extremely good cleansing properties, made full use of by the older generations.
- The end result of using this face wash regularly is very clean skin, free of oil and blackheads.
- The other noticeable thing about this face wash is that while a lot of products meant for oily skin can sometimes make the skin very dry, this has a bit of milk in it which maintains a bit of moisture in the skin.
- The milk also adds a soft, dewy glow to the skin and the protein in it nourishes it.
|Maintains moisture well.||None|
#5 – Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Face Wash
Neutrogena Oil free face wash is targeted at getting rid of acne and keeping it at bay. It is enriched with 2% salicylic acid which is a popular ingredient used in many dermatological products.
- It effectively exfoliates and unclogs pores, making it easier for the other ingredients to clean the skin and remove blackheads.
- It also works on reducing the sebum production which is what causes the skin to get so oily.
- This face wash employs something called a “micro clear” technology that does not dry out the skin too much.
- You still feel the skin hydrated and plump after washing.
- Using this face wash for a couple of weeks shows you great results in the form of clearer and oil-free skin.
- The way the bottle is designed with the pump makes it convenient to use this face wash.
- Neutrogena is a premium product in the market, priced on the higher end and it delivers accordingly.
#6 – Himalaya Oil Clear Lemon Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
Our very own Himalaya, the pride of India, is one of the few companies that truly understands Indian weather and Indian skin.
- Honey is a natural moisturiser which hydrates the skin and keeps it supple and young. It also acts as an effective antimicrobial, getting rid of bacteria, and an antiseptic, healing the skin.
- The two together also brighten the skin and give it a golden glow, something much sought after.
- This is in the form of a pleasantly scented gel where a little bit is enough to spread evenly throughout the face.
- Himalaya products are also product friendly in terms of price and they come in various sizes, making it easy to carry it around with you.
#7 – NIVEA Men Face Wash for oily skin and blackheads
There is another Nivea face wash on our list and this one is specifically meant for men. Men have thicker textured skin for which not every face wash works.
- Nivea oil control face wash for men does a good job of this with its active ingredient, the extract of Magnolia bark.
- The face wash does remove the oil from the skin and we found that the skin stays hydrated just the right amount for about 6 to 8 hours, depending on the activity and weather conditions.
- This is quite a long duration for people with oily skin, to be honest.
- This face wash also keeps blackheads away as it unclogs the pores and cleans it.
- It is enriched with plenty of Vitamin C which adds to the health and nourishment of the skin and in turn, brightening it.
- The face wash is smooth and spreads well. All you need is a tiny pea-sized amount for it to do its work.
Best facewash brands for oily skin and blackheads 2020
Here are a couple of frequently asked questions and useful tips about how to deal with oily skin and blackheads:
How many times a day can I wash my face?
When you have oily skin, it might be tempting to wash your face several times a day. But dermatologists across the world advise us against this as washing the face several times with a face wash or soap can end up stripping the natural oils of your skin. The best thing to do is to wash your face a maximum of two times with an oil control face wash and the rest of the time with plain tap water.
How can we avoid blackheads?
Through a regular cleansing, exfoliating, toning method. This is the only way by which you can avoid blackheads when you have oily skin. Make sure you wash your face with a face wash meant for oily skin (You can choose from the list above). Exfoliate your skin once a week with a gentle face scrub to remove dead cells from clogging your pores. Using a clay mask once or twice a week can also help reduce the oiliness of your skin and prevent blackheads and whiteheads.
What is the best facewash for oily skin and blackheads?
Even though we have given you a string list with some of the best brands in the country, we have a favourite based on the reviews it has gotten. Neutrogen face wash is the best working when it comes to removing excess oil and avoids blackheads intensely. It might be a bit pricey but we promise you that this investment is totally worth it.
We hope that by choosing from our list you are able to tend for your skin and keep your skin glowing!