One quick way to turn your life around is by colouring your hair. Ok, that may not be completely true, but surely, one quick way to get a makeover, is by colouring your hair. Whether you want to cover up some greys or you want to go blonde totally, it’s a good idea to opt for a high quality “do it yourself” hair colour. The only problem here is, no matter how well you take care of your hair, the ammonia and peroxide in hair colours damage the hair, cause it to become dry and lead to breakage. While there are many brands manufacturing colours that are safe for the hair, not all have good reviews. Here we have made it simple for you by listing out the best hair colour without ammonia and peroxide in India:
- Hair colour brands without ammonia and peroxide in India
- #1 – Indus Valley Damage Free Gel Hair Colour without ammonia and peroxide
- #2 – L’Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Hair Color without ammonia and peroxide
- #3 – Garnier Color Naturals Crème hair color without ammonia and peroxide
- #4 – BBLUNT Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour without ammonia
- #5 – Revlon Top Speed Hair Color without ammonia and peroxide in India
- #6 – Naturigin organic beauty hair colour
- #7 – IBA Halal care hair color
- #8 – Schwarzkopf essensity hair color
- Why is ammonia used in hair colour?
- Is ammonia-free hair colour better for your hair?
- How long does ammonia-free hair colour last?
- How can I make my hair colour last longer?
Hair colour brands without ammonia and peroxide in India
#1 – Indus Valley Damage Free Gel Hair Colour without ammonia and peroxide
Once you start using hair colour, you can never stop. This happens because a lot of hair dyes use ammonia or bleach in them which lightens the natural colour of the hair. So, once the colour fades, you begin to see more greys in your hair, making you colour your hair again. That’s the cycle!
- Indus Valley gel hair colour helps you break this cycle by giving you hair colour that is free of harmful ammonia and keeping your hair safe.
- This dye does not dry your hair and you can experience the effect as soon as you use it.
- Hair feels silky and soft and even frizz free, thanks to the combination of aloe vera, jojoba oil and sunflower oil in its list of ingredients.
- Other ingredients like amla, basil, orange, honey and wheat germ also help nourish the hair while colouring it and add to the pleasant smell which is impossible to get with hair dyes that use ammonia.
- Since it doesn’t contain a bleach, not all the shades will cover your hair as expected.
- However, Indus Valley is available in 6 shades which means there is something for you, no matter what colour your hair naturally is.
|6 shades available.||Expensive.|
#2 – L’Oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Hair Color without ammonia and peroxide
One of the best selling brands when it comes to hair colour, L’oreal Paris caters to every kind of hair colour Indians have.
- With no ammonia present in the ingredients, this hair dye promises soft and silky hair when used.
- The creamy consistency makes it easy to spread through the hair, right from the roots to the tips.
- This also helps cover up the greys very well with no spots missed.
- With 11 shades, L’oreal has some of the best shades you can find among the hair colour brands in India, and the “300 Darkest Brown” is the most versatile for Indian hair tones.
- The Creme Gloss Hair Colour has something called a “royal jelly” as part of its ingredients which nourishes the hair and protects it from the effects of the other chemicals present in it.
- Even though the packaging advertises that the colour stays on for 28 washes, this is not really the case.
- However, using it in combination with L’oreal Colour protect shampoo ensures that the colour stays strong for at least 20 washes, the hair stays hydrated and soft and does not fade too quickly.
- After the 20th wash, you do notice that the shade fades a little bit.
- L’oreal is priced as a premium product but a little bit goes a long way so it is worth the money spent.
|Hair stays hydrated.||Expensive.|
#3 – Garnier Color Naturals Crème hair color without ammonia and peroxide
Garnier is a brand that has always been on par with L’oreal Paris, in India in terms of shades and quality. But this is a brand that has its products priced much cheaper when compared to the latter and therefore has been more affordable to many in our country.
- The Garnier Color Naturals Creme hair colour is similar in consistency to the L’oreal Paris Casting Creme Gloss Hair colour.
- It spreads just as well, covering all your greys from root to tips, easy to use and the package has enough to use multiple times.
- It has no ammonia, making it safe for your hair and it comes enriched with three oils to moisturise your hair and keep it from drying out.
- The oils from avocado, olive and almond protect the hair, give it enough vitamin E and strengthen it.
- Garnier promises that the colour will stay as it is for 8 weeks. When we tried it out, we discovered that it stays strong for about 6 weeks with regular washing, after which you notice slight fading.
- One other thing that is worth appreciation is the inclusion of gloves in the box.
- While this may not look like a great addition, most of us who colour our hair regularly know the annoyance when we suddenly realise that we are out of gloves.
|It is safe to use.||None.|
#4 – BBLUNT Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour without ammonia
One of the most popular salons in India, known for their top notch hair styling, now sells its gorgeous line of hair colouring products for you to try at home for a fraction of the price.
- This ammonia free line of hair colour, called the Salon Secret High Shine Creme Hair Colour, stays true to its name by making the hair glossy and shiny after it is coloured with the help of silk protein.
- It uses a creamy consistency which beautifully spreads through your hair and gives you maximum coverage.
- What puts this on our list of the best hair colours in India without ammonia is the fact that is made to be used in Indian hard water.
- The conditioner in the package protects the hair from the salts, minerals and excessive pollution that we are subject to.
- The package comes with a pair of gloves and a clear instruction manual which is a touch we appreciate.
- There is enough quantity to colour your hair multiple times. Available in 7 gorgeous shades all suitable for Indian skin tones, pick the one you want to experiment with.
- Priced very nominally, this is a premium hair colour product that has the quality of most internationally placed brands.
#5 – Revlon Top Speed Hair Color without ammonia and peroxide in India
Revlon Top Speed ammonia free hair colour is one of the quickest colouring products you will find.
- While most hair colours take at least 30 minutes for their full strength, the ones by Revlon take only 5 minutes.
- Now, it can’t get any quicker than that.
- This is also super easy as you don’t have much measuring to do.
- You also don’t have to mix the ingredients here.
- Simply squeeze the product from the tubes onto a comb and comb it through your hair to spread it evenly and cover all your greys.
- Follow up with the conditioner to nourish and protect your hair.
- Revlon also makes it convenient for you by including a hair colour comb and gloves so you’re not wasting time looking for those things around your house.
- One might wonder how harsh the chemical elements of such a product might be and their effects on the hair. Well, Revlon has included ingredients in the conditioner to counteract the negative effects and make sure that your hair is taken care of.
- With mother of pearl and ginseng root extracts conditioning your hair, you get soft and shiny hair after the colour sets in.
- The dryness is taken care of and frizziness is also reduced.
- This is available in 5 dark shades, all suitable for Indian skin and hair tones.
- This is priced as a premium product, on the expensive side.
|Available in 5 different shades.||Expensive.|
#6 – Naturigin organic beauty hair colour
As the name suggests, this promises 100% natural ingredients so ammonia and peroxide are not even a question here.
- The fact that this hair colour does not contain ammonia is the main reason it is loved and purchased in India so much. If you have healthy hair and hesistant to try on hair colour for the sole assumption that it may ruin your hair, you don’t have to worry about that with this hair colour.
- It gives you hair a vibrant colour and good texture.
- It costs about Rs. 1,500 which is a bit on the pricey side but it is good given the ingredients it is made up of.
|Nourishes your hair.||Expensive.|
#7 – IBA Halal care hair color
IBA hair colour is a brand that is easily accessible and can be bought by anyone without having to spend too much.
- The hair colour is safe to use since it is made up of henna so that coloring process happens very naturally.
- The other ingredients included in this hair color are safe and vegan which means there is no need to be scared of the impact on your hair.
- You will be left with smooth and glossy hair after you use this hair color. The absence of ammonia and peroxide is the main reason why it has such a positive effect on your hair.
|Smooth and glossy hair at all times.||None.|
#8 – Schwarzkopf essensity hair color
This is a renowned hair colour brand in India which has made its reputation because of the wide range of colours it comes in.
- Besides being really safe to use on the hair, it can be really attractive as the color spreads well on the hair strands.
- This is the most advised hair colour in India by hair specialists which makes the hair shiny and glossy for a very long time.
- The color intensity that this hair color provides is much stronger than other brands.
|Gives stronger and shiny strands of hair.||Affordable|
Why is ammonia used in hair colour?
Ammonia is that strong pungent smell you get in your hair dye. Ammonia in hair colour breaks the cuticles, encouraging the hair to absorb the colour and lock it in. It also lightens the natural colour of the hair which helps the dye set in better. This ensures that the hair colour stays longer. In the process, ammonia dries the hair, makes it brittle and leads to breakage.
Is ammonia-free hair colour better for your hair?
When you avoid ammonia in your hair dye, you are reducing the damage done to your hair by a large extent. Your hair will not get as dry as it does because of ammonia and will be stronger. However, do remember that hair dyes free of ammonia also contain some chemicals. Depending on how strong these are, they may damage your hair as well.
How long does ammonia-free hair colour last?
They don’t last as long as the hair colours that use ammonia last. With every shampoo, you will notice that you wash away a bit of the colour. You might have the full effect of the colour for about 10 washes before it starts to fade slowly.
How can I make my hair colour last longer?
Wash your hair less often. The natural oils in your hair and scalp will protect the colour. Or use a good hair oil.
Always use a good conditioner and a good quality shampoo meant for coloured hair to take care of your hair.
Use lukewarm or cool water to wash your hair.
Keep your hair covered when in the sun to protect the colour from fading or your hair from becoming too dry and lifeless.
Use a conditioner or a hair mask if you are going into chlorinated water.
It is super important to choose the right hair colour and that is not an easy task in India. We hope out the above list helps you make an informed choice.
Indus valley is known for its extraordinary yet natural products for the hair and skin.
Product SKU: GH653ED
Product Brand: Indus Valley
Product Currency: INR
Product Price: 549
Price Valid Until: 2021-08-03T20:16:07
Product In Stock: https://schema.org/InStock