There are days when you want some creamy, rich ice cream, made exactly the way you like it and no good brand or no combination of flavours of ice cream can satisfy those cravings. That’s when your own ice cream maker comes to your rescue! We understand it’s hard to even begin choosing this considering how many features you will have to skim through. We have the best ice cream makers in India with all the features and functions simplified for you.
- Top 10 Best Ice Cream makers in India 2020
Top 10 Best Ice Cream makers in India 2020
There are various types of ice cream makers available. Some need some advanced prep while some can be used to get you your ice cream in a jiffy. If you’re considering if an ice cream maker can be worth the money or even the thought, just think about how often you can have ice cream with the machine at home! Not to mention the hygiene factor which you will be sabotaging with your constant buying. This way you can make your ice creams even more heavenly by adding your own flavour to it.
So go ahead and read about the best ice cream maker brands in India that we have for you.
Kitchenif Ice cream maker
|Inclusive of all features||Orbit Ice cream maker|
|Best for gelato|| |
Cuisinart 220V Professional Gelato and Ice Cream Maker
Orbit Ice cream maker
|Noiseless||Hamilton beach ice cream makers|
|Good quantity||Cuisincart ice cream maker|
Hamilton Beach ice cream makers
This ice cream maker by Hamilton Beach is one of our favourites as it can make the ice cream of your choice in less than half an hour. The gorgeous red colour adds to the excitement and pleasure of churning out the ice cream.
- This is a modern machine that requires no rock salt to efficiently freeze the ice cream.
- It is automatic and doesn’t require you to expend energy manually churning it to make creamy ice cream.
- You can use this to make custards, sorbets and frozen yoghurt as well.
- The downside is that this ice cream maker makes a lot of noise, especially in the beginning when it is still breaking down the ingredients and mixing them.
- It does get a little softer later, but you might want to avoid using this in the middle of the night when the kids are asleep.
Automatic and easy to use
Cuisinart ICE-70 ice cream maker
This is one of the higher-end ice cream makers available in the market, priced in the premium range.
- It is quite advanced and works electronically, leaving you to save your energy to simply savour your ice cream later.
- It has separate settings for Ice cream, gelato and sorbet, so you don’t have to experiment trying to get the right texture for each.
- We like it that this has a countdown timer, which indicates how much time is left for you to carry out your other tasks while this one does its job.
- The measuring cup attached is very useful in controlling the quantity of the ingredients that go in.
- Another advantage is that this can make a large quantity of nearly 1.9 litres at a time.
- Once it churns the ice cream, you will have to put the bowl in the freezer to freeze it.
- It does make a bit of noise during the process but it is not very uncomfortable or disturbing. Do look online for good discounts on this machine.
Energy-saving and very efficient.
Cuisinart 220V Professional Gelato and Ice Cream Maker
We have another one for you on our list, from Cuisinart. This one is sure to take your breath away! Prefered by professionals for the quick and creamy ice creams, sorbets and gelatos this one gives us, without too much effort, it is quite the premium machine.
- It has two different paddles for you to choose depending on what you want to make.
- You don’t have to pre-freeze the bowl as it has an inbuilt compressor system. It is fully electronic and automatic, requiring you to only throw in the ingredients, push the button and relax with a book, while it does all the hard work.
- The downside is the noise, especially when it is just starting to mix.
Has two different paddles.
Kitchenif Ice cream maker
Kitchenif ice cream maker is another one of our favourites, especially for the price. This is absolute value for money.
- It works automatically and needs no manual churning. There is a display that indicates the time left for it to complete the mixing plus it shuts off automatically when it is done, so you can go about doing your other work.
- It has a capacity of 1.5 litres and the texture of the ice cream it churns out is really creamy and rich.
- The downside of this is that you cannot freeze the ice cream in the bowl given if you have a single door fridge, as single door fridges are not very powerful.
- You can only use a deep freezer or a double door fridge.
- However, you can still transfer the ice cream to another container and try freezing it in your single door fridge overnight or for a whole day to overcome this disadvantage.
Has a good capacity.
The ice cream cannot be frozen.
KitchenAid Ice cream maker
KitchenAid is a brand well known among the professional chefs in India for their various products that are durable and efficient.
- The ice cream maker by this brand is equally robust and works very effectively to churn out ice creams that have a smooth texture.
- Do note that this particular mixer is not stand alone and is to be bought as an attachment to the KitchenAid stand if you already have one.
- You have to pre-freeze the bowl before you use it so it requires a bit of advance preparation.
- The design of the blades is fantastic, ensuring that you don’t have to manually move the ingredients to the centre.
- It’s also very easy to clean.
Effective and churns out ice cream well.
Nostalgia ice cream maker
The ice cream maker by Nostalgia is a good, old-fashioned (keeping it true to its name) bucket type of maker, as it says so on the product.
- It is made of an inner aluminium canister placed inside a plastic outer bucket filled with ice and salt to freeze the ice cream.
- The difference between the old ones and this one is that it works electronically, so you don’t have to manually churn it.
- You do have to do some work though.
- You will have to keep refilling the ice and salt until you get the desired texture of ice cream.
- The up-side is that this machine is incredibly easy to operate and quite fun to watch the ice cream being made.
Easy to operate.
The ice has to be refilled at regular intervals.
Mr. Freeze ice cream maker
Making ice cream is fun so why should the machine look boring? The designers at Mr.Freeze seem to agree and they’ve come up with this beautiful looking ice cream maker in three attractive colours – a white, a turquoise and a berry.
- Colours aside, this machine is quite efficient and fully automatic. It is eco-friendly, using thermoelectric power to cool the ice cream.
- It does not require you to freeze the bowl beforehand. It also comes with some measuring cups and spoons to help you use the right quantity of ingredients.
- It has two settings where you can choose to have hard or soft ice cream.
- The slight disadvantage of this machine is that the bowl cannot be separately removed to be cleaned, which means you have to be careful in not wetting the whole machine while washing it.
Comes with measuring and a bowl.
The bowl cannot be detached from the machine.
Orbit Ice cream makers
The next ice cream maker on our list is the one by Orbit. This one is quite a basic model and it is priced really cheap.
- The equipment comes with a gel that takes on the role of the ice and salt mixture to help cool the ice cream while churning it.
- It is better to freeze the bowl in advance, at least for 8-9 hours.
- The mixer does work really well, producing soft and smooth textured ice cream.
- This product comes with a warranty of 1 year.
1 year warranty.
Lacks a certain feature
Lifelong ice cream maker
The ice cream maker by Lifelong is another one on our list in a price that is economical. The build of this machine is strong and has a premium finish.
- This is perfect for small portion sizes. It is small and can make about 500 ml of ice cream at a time.
- It comes with a quick freeze bowl and a paddle that churns up very creamy sorbets and ice creams.
- This machine is light and portable.
- It is a basic machine that is easy to use.
Light and portable.
Can be a little basic.
Sphere ice cream maker
I know what you are thinking! Why does it look like an antique piece with ice cream placed on the sides. That’s the beauty of Sphere’s ice cream,
- This ice cream makers works on 220 watts and that is not a lot when compared to the rest.
- It comes with a hand crank, a latch and a stirrer which is great since you don’t have to invest separately.
- There’s a see through lid which allows you complete transparency in how the ice cream is being prepared.
- You can make ice creams, sorbets and gelatos on this ice cream maker.
Great for small get together.
Not suitable for a big preparation.
As you can see from the list, there are several types of ice cream makers and you can choose depending on how often you make ice cream, what quantity you prefer making and how much in advance you’d like to prepare.
- Some of the ice cream makers need the bowls to be put in the freezer for at least 6-8 hours before you use them. This means you need to plan in advance
- There are others that come with a built-in compressor that does this job and you can make your dessert the minute you decide to. These are, of course, more expensive
- Some require manual churning while some are automatic and do the work that needs muscle, leaving you to rest
- Do remember that you will have to give yourself time for trial and error before you nail the perfect ice cream every single time
Having your own ice cream maker at home is a great idea for several reasons. With the increasing health issues out there and more number of people falling sick from eating out, you can ensure that you use real ingredients without preservatives, the quality of the ingredients you are putting in is good and hygienic, that the milk is properly boiled and the fruit is washed well. You can also adjust the quantity of the sugar or replace it with healthier alternatives without having to pay a bomb for sugar-free or vegan options in the market. What’s more, you can experiment with flavours and probably invent some of your own!