A hot cup of tea is something we Indians just cannot resist! Check out our list of the Top Indian Tea Brands for all the details!
It has become a signature lifestyle for us to bond over tea and relish its flavours.
Flavours are what makes up for a tasty steaming hot cup of tea and that does not apply for all brands. India has an enormous market in tea, being the 2nd largest producer in the world, some brands have become very popular with beverage lovers.
Related: Best Green Tea in India
We have taken this hunt very seriously and brought together some of the Best Indian tea brands for you to abide by.
Related: Best Green Coffee in India
|Tea brands in India||Link|
|Tata gold tea||Link|
|Lipton green tea||Link|
|Taj Mahal tea||Link|
|Red Label natural||Link|
We know how it can be to determine what the most popular tea brand in India can be given the enormous market. So we decided to dig deeper and find out the best brand was based on our reviews.
Tata tea brand is one of the best tea brands in India as it is the most bought brand and has gained a huge following. It has an excellent blend of different flavours which add to the aroma and the ethnic taste of the tea. The tea packet costs about Rs. 200 and is easily available.
Top Indian tea brands 2021
Tata tea gold
Tata is one of the most renowned brands in India and for them to come up with a beverage brand and ace it, is something we look forward to. It’s one of the Top Indian Tea Brands.
- During a cold day, if you are looking for a blend of flavours in a steaming cup, Tata’s tea brand will do it for you. It consists of handpicked long leaves which makes up for the aroma and taste of this tea. The unique taste of this tea is due to the perfect blend of 15% aromatic long leaves and 85% Assam CTC tea leaves.
- Once you put these tea leaves in boiling water, the aroma instantly fills up the room and keeps you wanting more. The blend of flavours in the tea powder is exactly what we love about Tata tea gold.
- While the water can give you the perfect experience. We’ve found milk to significantly elevate the taste of this tea. Of course, you will be sacrificing the aroma. However, it’s absolutely worth it!
- The packaging is pretty secure in spite of the small quantity of 500 grams. It is priced at Rs. 220 for 500 grams which is pretty decent. Tata Tea Gold is hands down the best tea in India!
|Blends in well to bring out a strong aroma||Not easily available.|
Related: Best Olive Oil for Cooking in India
Lipton Honey lemon tea brand
Lipton is a well-known brand among health experts and gym enthusiasts as this brand focuses on toning the body down. Since this is a green tea brand it can be mixed with boiling water and drunk as it is for the perfect shape.
- As you know, green tea is capable of boosting your immunity and give you a slim and healthy body. It cleanses the body of toxins and gives you glowing skin. Other than flushing out the toxins, the anti-oxidant level in this green tea can improve heart health and even help with weight loss.
- This Lipton green tea without sugar contains very few calories. So, it’s perfect to consume if your planning on snacking on junk food. Green tea is capable of keeping your body hydrated and gives you smooth skin. It’s one of the Top Indian Tea Brands.
- If you’re worried about the taste of green tea, which is a common concern, this is non-bitter. It also comes in 4 flavours which are pretty damn good as well. This Lipton green tea is quite different from the other mainstream teas on this list as we’ve found the catechins in the leaves to be quite high which makes it one of the healthier green tea brands.
|Comes in 4 flavours.||Not for regular tea drinkers.|
Related: Best Peanut Butter in India
Tetley long leaf green tea
Here’s another green tea for you health-conscious peeps! The fine leaves from this brand are sweet in aroma and perfect for tea lovers who don’t enjoy milk. While this is an English Brand it’s still one of the best tea in India!
- You might have sweeten this drink with honey since the leaves are pretty raw and can come off a little bitter.
- The taste of this tea is very gentle and does not make you dread the whole experience of feeling extreme bitterness.
- Since it has antioxidants it works really well in flushing out the toxins in your body and gives you a glowing skin.
- For best results boil water to 85 degrees Celsius and add the green tea for about two minutes. This will activate all the essential anti-oxidants and phenols. This way you can expect the most amount of benefits from this tea.
|Keeps you healthy and in shape.||Might be hard to get.|
Taj Mahal tea
The Taj Mahal tea is a premium quality product that has been in India for quite some time. They’ve managed to master their craft of blending teas with continuous R&D since 1966. And the original Taj Mahal tea happens to be one of the best in its price segment.
- The perfect blend of the strong and aroma is what you need on a stressful day. The right strength of aroma and taste brings only the best flavour.
- The Taj Mahal tea is affordable and easily accessible to everyone which is one of our favourite things about this tea brand.
- If you are part of a big family then, we suggest you get this brand as it comes in all quantities and allows you to be a part of its flavour. Taj Mahal will always be one of the Top Indian Tea Brands.
|Affordable and easily accessible.||None.|
Red Label Natural Care tea brand
As an Indian, this brand is the first name that comes to mind when it concerns tea. That is how much it has influenced the Indian clientele. This has the perfect blend of the right kind of herbs to give you a good and healthy life.
- This brand also happens to be my personal favourite. It’s extremely versatile in its benefits as different ingredients of this tea can help with various health issues.
- For example, Tulsi, Ashwagandha and mulethi when mixed together work into the immunity and gives the body a fresh feeling. The mulethi helps soothe your throat during colds and the cardamom is beneficial for digestive issues.
- Whoever said drinking tea often is bad for health will be proved wrong with the benefits this brand offers to the body! It works against illness and is a comfort when you are having a cold or down with a fever. Drinking this tea on a regular basis will definitely help strengthen your body’s immunity.
- This works for black tea or a tasty cup of milk tea according to your mood. Finally, this comes at a reasonable price and allows everyone to taste the goodness of this tea.
|Comes in a decent quantity.||None.|
Wagh Bakri tea
Wagh Bakhri goes onto to satisfy the cultural needs of the Indian customers by focusing on each state’s tea needs. While it won’t enhance your immunity like Red Label Natural Care or even taste as good as Tata Tea Gold, it’s still one of the best tea to consume on an everyday basis. With its neutral taste, it’s perfect for an every day tea.
- Of course, it still promises a strong tea taste and aroma and gives you a decent tea experience. Each drink with this tea brand leaves you feeling energized and refreshed and keeps you wanting more.
- The speciality of this tea is that you can drink it as a black tea or mix it with milk and it will still taste as strong and aromatic as ever.
- Since this offers a special taste, it comes at a higher price when compared to the others on our list costing about Rs. 440. Not only is Wagh Bakri popular but it also one of the best tea brands in India!
|Comes in different flavours.||Expensive.|
Organic India tulsi tea
As the name suggests, you can be sure of the authenticity of this tea powder as it includes the true flavours of India.
- Being considered one of the best Indian tea brands, Organic India works into delivering the best of flavours and aroma.
- It has ginger and lemon and works really well with the addition of tulsi and increases immunity and boosts your health.
- This tea powder has the capability of calming your senses down after a long day.
|True flavours included in this brand.||Not easily available.|
Typhoo pure natural green tea
Typhoo is a brand that is a testimony to giving the best of true and natural ingredients in its tea powder to give its clientele an unforgettable experience.
- I love a refreshing cup of tea to begin and end my day and Typhoo is exactly what you need for this experience.
- Typhoo is a brand that does not include artificial preservatives and in fact, works into building a stronger flavour for the tea.
- Add the tea leaves in boiling water and in 3 minutes your steaming hot tea will be ready. We love the addition of honey as part of the tea which tones down the bitterness.
|Does not include artificial flavours.||Expensive.|
Vedaka gold tea
The tea leaves are derived from Assam and Darjeleeng which are the best places for organic tea.
- These consist of long tea leaves which means it has more aroma and can be made stronger according to the quantity you put in.
- There are so many flavours that are available from this brand like ginger and masala. The taste of this tea is what makes this Indian tea brand memorable.
- We love the way the Sulaimani tastes with this tea powder since it is subtle while also exuding the goodness of all the flavours included.
|Great for a calm day.||None.|
If your a milk tea lover then this is the brand that you need to go for. This is a flavoured packaged tea brand in India that has all the possible ingredients and flavours to give you a wonderful experience. Society tea has got to be the best tea powder in India!
- The antioxidants present in the tea leaves will leave your body feeling refreshed and healthy for a long time.
- A pinch of lemon with a black tea made with these tea leaves can tastes really refreshing.
Benefits of Drinking Tea
Green tea isn’t the only variant of tea that’s associated with various health benefits. Other kinds of teas have their own pros. For example, the most beneficial aspect of all kinds of teas is its ability to lower the risk of heart attacks. Of course, it must be consumed regularly to take advantage of it. And of course, the most important benefit is its antioxidant content that helps protect the body from various types of cancer.
Studies these days have even show tea to help with certain neurological diseases like Parkinson’s. Here are some of the most important benefits of drink tea:
- Tea is commonly associated with weight loss. This is because it primarily helps the body improve the metabolism and as a result helps burn fat. So, incorporating a healthy dose of tea into your diet can really help if you want to drop your weight fast.
- Green tea is honestly the best type of tea when it comes to weight loss. Green teas contain the naturally occurring catechins antioxidants that help boost the metabolism and increase fat burning. So, the purer the green tea the better. That means Matcha is hands down the best
It’s Good for the brain.
- As mentioned earlier, consuming tea on a regular basis can prevent neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s. While there is no cure, drinking green and black tea improves the cognition. So, it’s definitely worth it as it can potentially prevent Dementia as well.
- More than anything the caffeine and the L-theanine present in the tea improves your memory and increases the attention span which in turn also helps improve reaction time, visual processing, and helps process information efficiently.
Improves Body Functions
- Drinking tea is also known to improve overall body function. Studies have shown that tea is contain plant compounds that are anti-inflammatory in nature. So, not only does it help reduce inflammation and inflammatory disease but it also helps improve your digestion, gut health and even overall immunity.
- Specifically, the Polyphenols in the green tea help modify the gut bacteria. So, these good bacteria become better can help the body reduce it’s carbohydrate consumption and improve blood sugar levels, resulting in a plethora of benefits.
- So, it more or less helps improve overall body function. One of the most interesting benefits is that tea actually helps prevent osteoporosis and has a positive effect on bone health.
Helps Keep the Body Hydrated
- While tea and coffee were initially considered to diuretics that contribute to dehydration, recent research has found that 6-9 cups of tea helps hydrate the body just as same amount of water. However, you shouldn’t add sugar. This way, tea won’t contribute to higher calorie consumption and you can reap the overall benefits. It’s perfect if you can trade in a soft drink for tea. Check out our list of the Top Indian Tea Brands for all the details.
Types of tea
There are different types of tea when they are classified based on their tastes and the ingredients involved.
Green tea is a well known beverage for health conscious people as it tones down bodyweight and flushes down toxins. They are the least processed and can be purchased from anywhere.
Black tea is usually with the absence of milk and can be made delicious with the addition of herbs and flavours.
This is a popular home remedy for cholesterol and works well on keeping check of the body fluids.
This is known as a form of a cure cancer. White tea has the mildest flavours and sits in well with the taste palette for those who are not used to the strong tea flavour. Check out our list of the Top Indian Tea Brands for all the details.