Soft, pink lips are what you desire, but what you have to live with are dark, pigmented lips. Lips get dark because of several reasons like excessive sun exposure, dryness in the harsh winters, too much heat from saunas and space heaters, smoking and so on. But you can tackle this with a good lip balm specially formulated to heal dark lips, nourish them and bring back the pink pout that can make everyone swoon! Delve in for the best lip balms in India for dark lips:
Lip Balm in India For Dark Lips
#1- Maybelline Baby Lips
With the sun shining down on us almost throughout the year in most parts of the country, darkening of the lips is quite common and you could say, almost expected.
- The lips also tan but we often forget that. While you remember to use a sunscreen for your face and the rest of your body, don’t ignore your lips.
- Maybelline Baby Lips comes with SPF 20 which is good enough to keep your lips protected from the sun’s harsh rays.
- It is also intensely moisturising, making sure that one of the reasons behind darkening of the lips is prevented.
|Moisturises the lips.||Not for sensitive lips.|
#2- Himalaya Lip Balm
Go purely herbal and traditional with Himalaya Herbals’ Lip Balm. A tiny tube that’s easy to carry, this lip balm protects your lips from drying and cracking.
- Enriched with castor oil, coconut oil, wheat germ oil and carrot seed oil, it supplies your lips with plenty of hydration and nourishes them with vitamin E and antioxidants to help the cells repair and regenerate.
- Coconut oil is known for its properties of erasing scars and reducing pigmentation too.
- It heals cracked lips pretty quickly, gets rid of dark scars and pigments and leaves you with soft and pretty lips.
|No dark scars.||Does not heal extremely dry lips.|
#3- NIVEA Lip Balm
Nivea has been the sought out range for cold winters, be it moisturisers or face creams.
- Lips can darken when they are too dry and one solution is to keep it well moisturised.
- The Nivea lip balm comes packaged in the traditional and familiar blue, enriched with shea butter to infuse moisture into dried lips and heal them.
- Shea butter is one of the best anti-inflammatory and healing agents found in nature as it is full of vitamins and fatty acids.
- The Panthenol in the lip balm holds on to this hydration for up to 12 hours.
|Hydrates the lips and makes it pink.||Does not have flavour|
#4- Lotus Herbals Lip Therapy
Lotus Herbals has a range of tinted lip balms that give your pout a rosy shade while the active ingredients keep them soft and supple.
- The cherry is one of our favourites for its fragrance as well as the deep red colour. With a rich blend of shea butter and kokum butter, this lip balm gets absorbed real quick, heals your lips and hydrates them.
- They also have plenty of antioxidants to fight off damage and protect against the sun’s rays.
- You have a choice between a pot and a stick, so pick whatever appeals to you.
|Shea butter moisturises the lips.||Comes in small quantity.|
#5- Vaseline Lip balm
Vaseline is a common Indian household name for petroleum jelly.
- Using that as a base, along with almond oil, shea butter and cocoa butter, Vaseline Lip Therapy takes care of your dark lips to lighten them, moisturise them and bring them back to health.
- These ingredients are known to possess loads of Vitamin E which is what your lips need to repair themselves.
- The original one is not tinted but if you prefer for a quick colour for your lips, choose between the cherry, apricot and strawberry.
- They not only smell delicious, but they also make your peckers look amazing!
|Contains Vitamin E||Plain and not flavoured.|
#6- The Body Shop vitamin E lip balm
This lip balm is a part of Body Shop’s Vitamin E range, specially formulated for tackling with dryness and cracking of the skin.
- It is also a great option to use for dark lips as this lip balm can help lighten them.
- It contains wheat germ oil as its active ingredient which is used to moisturise and heal the chapping of the lips.
- This doesn’t smudge, is very light on the lips, and has a very subtle vanilla flavour that makes it a pleasure to wear this.
|Sits well on the lips.||Costly.|
#7- Bella Vita Nico balm for dark lips
When your lips are dark, one of the best ways to lighten them is to keep away from ingredients that may cause an allergy.
- Using only organic and high-quality ingredients, Bella Vita Nico balm acts as a mild exfoliant while protecting your lips and helping the colour lighten.
- The manufacturer advises you to use the lip balm before you smoke to avoid chapping and darkening of the lips as well.
- With beeswax as the base, this lip balm softens the lips while not making it sticky.
- It also has shea butter to lighten and brighten the lips while coconut oil and jojoba oil hydrate it and prevent chapping.
|Brighten the lips.||None.|
#8- Forest Essentials Luscious Sugared Rose Petal Lip Balm
Forest Essentials skincare products are premium owing to the purely natural ingredients used. And these do work, so they are worth your money!
- The Luscious Sugared Rose Petal Lip Balm truly feels like luxury on your lips.
- The blend of cocoa butter, kokum butter and sweet almond oil with a base of beeswax give this lip balm a silky smooth texture that glides on your lips.
- It has a beautiful fragrance thanks to these natural ingredients.
- The rose petals in it give it a light pink tint that is transferred to your lips, hiding the dark pigmentation in your lips.
|Gives flavour and colour to the lips.||Expensive.|
#9- Biotique Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm
You can decide to go completely ayurvedic and choose Biotique’s Bio Fruit Whitening Lip Balm. Biotique products are intense and effective, which is what we love about them.
- They are also priced in the mid-range, so they don’t burn a hole in your pocket.
- With a base of beeswax to supply your lips with loads of moisture and hydration, this lip balm instantly perks up dried and chapped lips.
- With natural ingredients like almonds that contain Vitamin E and plenty of antioxidants, this lip balm helps the cells repair and regenerate, and also fight off more damage.
- This is light and can be applied even below lipstick if you wish.
|Can be applied even with lipstick.||No lip lightening.|
#10- Khadi Essentials Wine Grapefruit Lip Butter
Here you have another piece of luxury minus the chemicals to lighten your dark lips. It is a powerhouse of all the essential ingredients you need to bring back the life in your lips.
- Khadi Essentials Wine Grapefruit Lip Butter is a concoction of grapefruit extracts and red grapes extract.
- These not only lend a natural rich tint to the lip balm but also supply your lips with vitamin C to reduce the dark pigments and brighten the lips.
- Enriched with coconut oil, castor oil, shea butter, kokum butter, almond oil, wheatgerm oil, jojoba oil and many more, you are sure to have supple, soft and pink lips very soon.
- It’s priced a little more expensive than most other lip balms you find in India but it delivers results quickly.
|Brightens the lip.||Costly.|
#11- Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm
Burt’s Bees Beeswax Lip Balm is one of our highly recommended lip balms for lips that have darkened due to dryness and cracking.
- The texture is light and when you swipe it across your lips you might wonder if this will really heal your lips, but trust us, this does a wonderful job of keeping your lips hydrated for up to 5 hours during the day and at least 8 to 10 hours when you’re asleep.
- The peppermint is quite strong and gives you a cooling tingling feeling which is also responsible for the light texture of the lip balm.
- It is manufactured and imported from the USA and has a lot of happy users worldwide.
|Keeps your lips hydrated for up to 5 hours.||Expensive.|
#12- Carmex Lip Balm
Another popular lip balm for healing dried and cracked lips is the Carmex lip balm.
- Used widely and recommended for athletes and swimmers, this lip balm is waterproof and sweat-resistant and keeps your lips moisturised for at least 80 minutes underwater.
- It has an SPF of 15 to ensure that your lips are further protected from darkening or getting damaged from the sun’s rays.
- Carmex is well known across the world and widely used by many regularly to deal with dark lips.
|Waterproof and sweat-resistant.||None.|
Here are the best lip balms to reduce the darkness from your lips and keep it pink and healthy. We hope some of these products help your out and keep you healthy.
Carmex has the best lip balms to keep your lips nourished and pink all day.
Product SKU: HVYDYR67432
Product Brand: Carmex
Product Currency: INR
Product Price: 230
Price Valid Until: 2021-08-19T18:06:44
Product In Stock: Available