I am yet to find one Indian who can cook without a Pressure Cooker. I personally love using pressure cookers for just about everything – right from dals to rice to meats to even cook up veggies for a quick soup. They make life so convenient, easy and quick. Pressure cookers can also scare some people, thanks to the stories we hear. But, if you maintain one properly, changing the parts when required and using them correctly, they can last you at least 4 to 5 years. Check below for my reviews of the best Pressure Cookers in India:
Having to cook for a family of four, and having to keep in mind that I should have a cooker big enough to cook for guests as well, I started to hunt the right pressure cooker with all the safety features included as well. It’s only when I started reviewing them did I find the one everyone else is gushing about.
Prestige Svachh Nakshatra is one of the most popular and most sold pressure cookers in India. It comes in a curvy traditional form which allows you to cook a considerably large quantity of food. The sturdy build can be assured for safety and does not have a leaky lid. It comes with a warranty of 5 years.
|Pressure cooker in India||Suitable no. of people||Warranty||Link|
Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite
Prestige Svachh Nakshatra
|4||5 years ||Link|
| Hawkins Contura||2-3||No warranty||Link|
| Prestige Popular |
|5 years ||Link|
| Prestige Deluxe Plus||4-5||5 years||Link|
Hawkins – J31 Miss Mary
| Butterfly Curve ||2-3||5 years ||Link|
| Prestige Svachh Clip-on ||4-6||5 years||Link|
Hawkins – F40 Futura
Top Pressure Cooker in India 2020
Pigeon by Stovekraft Favourite
This Pigeon non-induction based, virgin aluminium body cooker is one of the top sellers, owing to the low price and durability.
- This 3 litre capacity cooker is just the right size for a family of 2 or 3. The aluminium body makes this pressure cooker light in weight, and heats up very quickly to get the job done.
- The pressure cooker comes with a safety valve and insulated bakelite handles that keep it cool for you to hold.
- The pressure cooker can be washed easily and can be put in the dishwasher as well.
- It is ISI certified and the manufacturer offers a 5 year warranty on manufacturing defects of the product.
|5 years warranty on the product.||Not suitable for big families.|
Prestige Svachh Nakshatra
Prestige is one of the top Pressure Cooker brands in India. The company keeps innovating to stay ahead of the times so don’t be surprised if you find quite a few from Prestige on my list today.
- I like Prestige for the sturdy build. It gives me the mental assurance that these are going to be reliable and safe in my kitchen.
- The Nakshatra line of pressure cookers definitely look very good. They are designed to look like the traditional curvy cooking pots (called a “handi”) that were used by our grandmothers, but with modern features.
- The body is made of hard anodised material, the inside is coated with the same and the base is safe on both gas stove tops as well as induction stove tops.
- The lid secures into the top of the cooker, and since it is designed like a handi, there are lesser spills while cooking.
- The lid is a bit difficult to get in place but with some practice, you get the hang of it.
- Prestige offers a 5 year warranty on the product.
|It’s very safe to use.||The lid is a bit impractical.|
If there are some Prestige loyalists, you are sure to find a lot of Hawkins loyalists as well.
- Hawkins has always made sleek pressure cookers with the lid securing on the inside rather than on the outside of the body. While some find this inconvenient, most people are used to it and love the design. The lid makes it safe for the user and you cannot open the cooker until the pressure inside has dropped to a safe level.
- The Contura line of Hawkins is one of the best pressure cookers you can find when it comes to the neat and stylish design.
- The aluminium pressure cooker has a layer of black anodised coating that helps the cooker heat up faster.
- It has a mirror polish that keeps the cooker looking new for many years.
- The lid is made of stainless steel and is very durable.
- The curved and wide design definitely helps to see through till the bottom of the cooker and makes it easier to stir the food.
- The only disadvantage is that this cooker is not to be used in the dishwasher.
|Has a very compatible design which makes it easier to reach all the way down.||Cannot be used in the dishwasher.|
Prestige Popular is just that – a popular model and style of pressure cooker that you can see in almost every other household in India.
This cooker is made of a strong virgin aluminium body that is light in weight, and a non-induction base, to be used only on gas stove tops.
The straight walled cooker is convenient for cooking big batches of food and stirring easily. It comes with a metallic safety plug and a gasket release system.
It has a shiny finish and the cooker is easy to clean. Like all Prestige cookers, the Popular is priced to be more expensive than the other brands in the market.
Prestige offers a warranty of 5 years on this product as well.
|Great for cooking big quantities of food.||Expensive.|
Prestige Deluxe Plus
With induction stoves becoming popular in our homes, it seems to be necessary to buy cookware that can handle both gas stove top as well as the induction stoves.
- The Deluxe Plus by Prestige is a multi-purpose pressure cooker than has an induction base. The base is designed for helping the heat spread evenly throughout.
- The outer body is made of virgin aluminium, making this cooker light and strong. It has a hard anodised coating which gives it a neat look.
- The lid is made of stainless steel with a metallic safety plug.
- The cooker has a curvy design, to look like a handi, one of the best for cooking Indian dishes.
- I like it that I have the option of purchasing a glass lid along with the cooker. The lid has a ladle holder as well.
- It makes it convenient to serve the food on the dining table without having to transfer the contents to another serving bowl. Lesser cleaning up!
- This pressure cooker comes with a 5 year long warranty.
|Has a sturdy build and is big enough.||Expensive.|
Hawkins – J31 Miss Mary
Hawkins’ Miss Mary is the basic version of the brand’s pressure cooker, priced on the lower end of Hawkins’ cookware.
- This cooker is made from strong premium aluminium metal, with the lid the secures inside, to prevent leaking during the cooking process.
- This pressure cooker is only suitable for gas stove tops and cannot be used on an induction stove top.
- The cooker is light in weight and comes in various capacities, starting from a small 1.5 litres cooker suitable for a single serve meal to a large 8.5 litres capacity, best for a party of 10 people.
- The lid comes with an automatic safety valve and a handle bracket that is unbreakable.
- It is ISI certified for peace of mind. Hawkins gives you a 5 year guarantee on the product.
|Has a good capacity and can be used for cooking meals for a large number of people.||Not easily available.|
Butterfly is a common household name for the gas stove tops. The brand does not have too many popular pressure cookers in its range, but the few that it does have are some of the best you can find.
- The Curve pressure cooker by Butterfly moves away from the traditional aluminium cookers and gives us a body made from stainless steel.
- This takes a longer time for the food to cook and is heavier than one made from aluminium, but is healthier in the long run.
- It comes with a thick induction safe base.
- The body is designed in a curve, hence the name. It looks very neat and sleek, and the curve makes it easy to stir the food.
- The cooker is sturdy and has a shiny finish.
- Butterfly is priced competitively in the market with leading brands like Prestige and comes with a 5 year warranty.
|Has a very sturdy build.||Can take a long time to prepare food.|
Prestige Svachh Clip-on
Prestige Clip-on is a modern design pressure cooker with a lid that is easier to close and open when compared to the traditional designs.
- While the traditional lids have to be placed in a particular position to get them to lock, Prestige has made this for all the newbies in the kitchen.
- You can place the lid in any position and simply click on the lock for it to stay in place. There is also a pressure indicator for added safety.
- The cookers come in various sizes but the design is such that one lid fits all.
- The body is made of aluminium with a hard anodised coating that makes this cooker look good enough to be placed on my dining table for serving my guests.
- I like the additional glass lid with the ladle holder knob that completes the look. The only disadvantage with this cooker is how heavy the lid is.
- The cooker can be used both on a gas stove top as well as on an induction stove.
- As with all Prestige pressure cookers, we get a 5 year warranty on the Clip-On line of cookers as well.
|Comes with a pressure indicator for safety.||Pricey.|
Hawkins – F40 Futura
Hawins Futura is one of the most popular Hawkins’ pressure cookers with its modern design, stylish appearance and the jet black versatile colour. Hawkins has its trademark lid that secures on the inside, but this model has depth, minimising the spillage during cooking.
- The unique feature of this pressure cooker is the advanced fingertip pressure release system.
- The release valve on the lid lets you press it to release the pressure, so it is safe for opening the cooker.
- I like it that I don’t have to use a pressure weight for this cooker, as I am always losing it around the kitchen and hunting for it at the last minute.
- The body has a hard anodised coating that gives it its shiny look.
- It makes it stronger and less prone to scratches and tarnishing, keeping it newer and good looking for a longer time.
- The anodised coating inside the cooker gives it a slight non-stick texture, so I can use lesser oil for saute and seasoning.
|The release valve makes it safe to open the lid without any fear.||None.|