If you’re appalled at all the robberies we’ve been recently coming across in the news, and you’re wondering which safe locker to buy, you’ve landed in the right place. Check out our list of the Best Safe Lockers For Home In India.
The Indian market is flooded with various brands and types of safety lockers, making big promises, that frankly make it difficult to choose the right one. And you MUST choose the right one because this is a matter of safeguarding important documents and other valuables. Our list of the Top Safe Lockers For Home In India is a good place to start.
Related: Best Smart Doorbell Cameras In India
|Safe lockers for home in India||Features||Link|
|Godrej Solutions||Long-lasting steel||Link|
|Amazon Basics||Can be mounted on a wall||Link|
|Godrej security solutions||In solid colors||Link|
|Savya home security||Lightweight and portable||Link|
|Godrej E laptop||Soft fabric||Link|
|Armour||Sturdy and long lasting||Link|
|Amazon Basics Biometric||Stylish||Link|
|Godrej Access SEEC9060||Enhanced battery life||Link|
After having reviewed 100 safe lockers for home in India based on various factors like, design, effectiveness, materials, price and much more; my team and I found 15 that really stood out. These 15 were put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best safe locker for home in India is Godrej Security Solutions Forte Pro Safe Lockers. Godrej Lockers are the gold standard when it comes to home security. These safe lockers are made from strong steel and can be bolted into any space. Most importantly, these safe lockers need a secure 4-6 digit password and will freeze after 4 wrong attempts.
Related: Best Front Loading Washing Machines
Best Safe Lockers For Home
A good safe locker should be made of the durable, rust-free exterior, which is a given. It should be fire-proof and water-resistant to protect against natural calamities. Having one that can be hidden or bolted down gives it better security as a burglar cannot run away with it. Check out our entire guide on the Top Safe Lockers For Home In India for all the details.
With advanced technology, we have safe lockers that are password and biometric-enabled which heighten the security. Overall, it should give you peace of mind and a good night’s sleep!
Like you, we were also overwhelmed with options. We started with researching what makes a good safe locker, the different sizes available, their durability, the technology used and what could possibly fail in them. We then tested out some of the best safe lockers for homes in India and listed them down for you.
Related: Best Mini Fridges In India
- Best Safe Lockers For Home
- Top Safe Locker Brands In India 2021
- Godrej Security Solutions Forte Pro Safe Lockers
- Godrej Security Solutions Taurus Electronic Safe locker
- Lukzer Combination Key Safe Box
- Ozone Safety Solutions Tusker-10 Electronic Safe
- AmazonBasics Home Safe Lockers
- Godrej Security Solutions Goldilocks safe locker
- Savya Home Security safe lockers
- Godrej Security Solutions E-Laptop Pro Electronic Safe locker
- Armour Mechanical Safe Top Open safe loc
- AmazonBasics Biometric Fingerprint safe locker
- Godrej Security Solutions Access SEEC9060 safe locker
- Armour Mechanical Safe Wardro Series safe locker
- Iktu Jumbo XXL Book Style Safe Locker
- Fariox Hidden Secret Book Safe Vault
- Plantex mini safe locker for home
- Top Safe Locker Brands For Homes In India
Top Safe Locker Brands In India 2021
Godrej Security Solutions Forte Pro Safe Lockers
One of the oldest and most trusted brands in India for safe lockers, almirahs, locks and everything else related to safety and security, Godrej has established itself as the gold standard. It’s one of the Best Safe Lockers For Home In India. It’s one of the Top Safe Lockers For Home In India.
- The Forte Pro is the first one we’ve chosen to review for our list. A very classy looking safe locker, this one is electronic and requires a 4-6 digit password. It freezes after 4 wrong attempts which makes it very secure.
- The locking mechanism is motorised. It indicates when the battery is low but the memory holds on to the password even when there is no charge.
- Made of heavy and long-lasting steel, this can be bolted into or bolted down in a space of your choice. In fact, when we tested the structural integrity of the safe, we found that this safe is a uni-body structure made of hardened steel. So, it’s almost impossible to rip it open from the edges or the base.
- Additionally, the motorized bolts ensure that the door is as tight as possible. So, a simple crowbar won’t do a thief any good.
The only concern as such is the fact, it’s still portable at the end of the day. So, we suggest you take advantage of the mounting holes and fix it to a wall or the floor.
Its password mechanism makes it even safer.
It comes with a low-battery reminder which gives you time to recharge before the locker dies down.
The price of this safe locker is a bit higher compared to the other lockers that come under Godrej.
Related: 10 Best Budget Dishwashers in India
Godrej Security Solutions Taurus Electronic Safe locker
The second one on our list is again one from Godrej, the Taurus. After Godrej not only offers brand value but also quality. With years of R&D, you can certainly trust it when compared to other brands. It’s one of the Top Safe Lockers For Home In India.
- Another password protected system with a motorised locking mechanism, this safe also has a non-volatile memory that protects it even when there is no charge left.
- Manufactured from sturdy steel, this ivory-coloured safe locker looks neat and can be bolted down inside a cupboard.
- It comes with a backup physical key to override the password if required. The manual it comes with makes it very easy to set up and use.
Godrej has certainly taken into account user experience with this beauty. We found that the push-button keypad actually improves the lifespan of the safe. Additionally, it comes with a low battery indicator which is extremely useful and quite rare as majority of the safe lockers run out of battery before you find out. The interior carpet is a nice touch as well.
The physical key comes as a relief if you ever forget your password.
It is sturdy and strongly built with steel.
Protection is secure even if there is no charge.
Can be an attachment to another physical entity in your household.
The price of the safe locker is slightly high.
Lukzer Combination Key Safe Box
The Lukzer Combination Key Safe Box is the best security solution for Keys. Not only is this key safe convenient but it is extremely durable. Unless you running a steam roller over it, it’s not going to break open easily. Additionally, it also happens to be weather resistant. While this feature won’t really be useful for Keys per se, it can help if your planning on storing anything else.
- What’s amazing about this Key Safe Box is that it uses a combination lock with a four-digit combination. As there are close to 10000 potential combinations it won’t be easy for anybody to break into the safe box.
The usage as mentioned earlier is to safeguard keys. However, this isn’t a safe locker that is portable. In fact, it’s meant to be stuck to a wall. When it comes to the application, there a numerous uses for this safe.
- For example, an Air BnB owner would not have to physically give the keys to their customers. If you simply have this locker outside the door with the house keys, you can easily text them the code and saving a whole bunch of time and travel.
When it comes to the dimensions, it’s big enough to house 4 keys. Additionally, the set-up is rather easy, all you need to do, screw into the pre-drilled holes.
Related: Best Inverter For Home in India
Ozone Safety Solutions Tusker-10 Electronic Safe
If you’re looking for an “extra safe” safe then you’ve got to get the Ozone Safety Solutions Tusker-10 Electronic Safe. It comes with a feature that lets you hide the passcode. Additionally, it freezes after 3 wrong attempts. Amazingly, you get a master passcode in case you make an error. It’s one of the Top Safe Lockers For Home In India.
- When it comes to the design, it looks like any other safe. However, the high-grade steel frame of the safe really stands out. It’s quite durable and extremely hard to break into. It also has a 10-litre capacity that can easily accommodate jewellery, documents, and other precious valuables. It also comes with a mechanical override feature that can be accessed with two keys.
It also has a convenient LED display and a battery indicator. Most importantly, it comes with a digital panel key. All of this is powered by 4 AA batteries that need to be replaced regularly.
AmazonBasics Home Safe Lockers
A huge safe with a capacity of 50 litres, this is sold for almost the same price as much smaller Godrej safe lockers in the market. Amazon has been making waves with its recent range of Amazon Basics products which are focussed on providing value for money, and their safe lockers are no exception. It’s one of the Top Safe Lockers For Home In India.
- This one is made from strong carbon steel and fitted with a password protected lock plus live door bolts that can’t be pried open easily. Most importantly, the bolts are manually operated which basically prevents any possibility of machine failure.
- The safe has a shelf installed for convenience and lined with carpet for safeguarding items from scratches. This safe locker weighs 18kg and can be mounted on a wall or bolted down to a table or shelf.
However, we’ve found this safe to have both pros and cons. For example, while it’s rather sturdy and big enough for the regular household, the safe cannot protect your belongings from water or fire damage. Sure, it can take a hit but I wouldn’t consider storing albums.
The capacity this safe locker can hold is massive which gives you the option of storing as many valuables as you need.
It stays safe from external harm.
Since it is heavy it cannot be shifted from one place to another for your convenience.
Godrej Security Solutions Goldilocks safe locker
Godrej is a sleek, smart-looking safe locker designed to be moved around. Sold in some lovely colours, these are an accessory in an office or your home or in your car when you’re travelling. I personally think that the white variant looks good, It’s going to stand out either way. So, you might as well go with the one that can easily blend into the background,
- The unique feature of the safe locker is the alarm that goes off when someone tries to walk off with it or tamper with the lock. Which is honestly brilliant. Not a lot of these safes come with this feature and we feel it’s definitely worth the money.
- After all, even though the safe locker is compact and portable, there is no compromise on the material used and the security system.
- This operates with a smart touch illuminated keypad, requiring a password. It also has an additional wire lock facility, so it can be locked down to a place if you want. Weighing around 5 kg, this is one of the most convenient lockers we’ve seen in the market.
Most importantly, it’s the perfect locker for jewellery as it comes with a soft-touch interior that can protect your precious gems.
Convenient in all sense and is portable.
The price is a bit higher given its extraordinary features.
Savya Home Security safe lockers
Another brand that is slowly but surely establishing itself in the Indian market with its low-price home security products is Savya. It’s not only of the more affordable safes but it also happens to be one of the Top Safe Lockers For Home In India.
- They have a range of safety lockers right from the basic physical key and a password operated one to the ones that are biometric operated, and the price varies accordingly.
- These safe lockers can be either wall-mounted or bolted down. The password is allowed to be incorrectly entered thrice after which it automatically freezes. This is a small-sized compact safe and it’s lined with fabric to safeguard delicate valuables.
It is important to note, that this safe locker is rather weak in construction. During our tests, we found that just a few heavy hits were enough to form dents that could be used to pry it open. However, it still does manage to do the most basic job of providing a space for your valuables. We suggest you mount it to the wall or better yet, mount it to the wall of a big wardrobe.
It has a wide range of varieties which helps you choose from.
It is portable
Since it is lightweight and portable, heavy valuables like metal and jewelry cannot be stored
Godrej Security Solutions E-Laptop Pro Electronic Safe locker
The next one on our list is the E-Laptop Pro, which is made from steel and operates with a digital locking mechanism.
- We think this is called E-Laptop because it’s spacious enough to fit a large laptop! puns aside, this is a highly advanced safe that requires a 3-6 digit passcode to open.
- It has an auto freeze mechanism where the safe won’t open if the wrong password is entered a few times (Can be unfrozen by using a master password). Though it works on battery, it has a non-volatile memory that prevents the password from getting erased when there is no charge.
The inside is fitted with a soft fabric to prevent the abrasion of items placed. This can be bolted into a cupboard or on a bench. With a low battery indicator and USB data retrieval, this is probably one of the safest lockers for a home in India.
The soft fabric inside the safe locker allows delicate valuables to be placed.
It is spacious.
Since it runs on battery it can run out of power soon.
Armour Mechanical Safe Top Open safe loc
Armour electronics has been in the market for several years manufacturing high-quality safe lockers for both homes as well as commercial use, in different sizes and specifications.
- The one we tested is a basic, mechanical safe that can be opened using a high precision physical key.
- Priced on the higher side, this safe locker is made out of long-lasting steel with a premium finish.
It’s large enough to fit documents and other valuables and can be nailed to a wall or fixed into a cupboard. It has a two-lock pry-safe mechanism which we really appreciate.
It is made out of steel which makes it sturdy and long-lasting.
The presence of a physical key and lack of digital security.
It is a pricey compared to other safe lockers
AmazonBasics Biometric Fingerprint safe locker
Another top-notch product from the Amazon Basics range is the safe locker that uses Biometric fingerprint recognition to gain access into.
- Priced higher than the safes that use a password, this is worth the price for the added security. Made out of sleek black tough carbon steel, this has a premium finish and is fitted with a shelf inside for convenience.
- Unlike majority of the other brands, the set up process is entirely DIY. This safe locker will not come with a person to help you figure things out. If in doubt then it’s better to get as much as info from the seller from the Amazon Listing page. However, the most essential information is recorded in the instruction manual.
Can store up to 50 fingerprints which make this great to be used in a house or office. There is a backup key given in case of biometric failure or lock-out. Like the other safes in the Amazon range, this can be bolted down or wall mounted as well
It is made in a sturdy fashion and allows heavy valuables to be stored.
The feature allowing 50 fingerprints makes it easier to be accessed at home among family members.
Price is higher.
Godrej Security Solutions Access SEEC9060 safe locker
Like all other Godrej products we’ve tested, the Access SEEC9060 also has a smooth finish and made out of durable quality steel.
- With a small capacity of 8 litres and weighing only around 5 kg, this is a compact safe locker that can be hidden inside a wardrobe or an almirah.
- This functions with a 3-6 digit password and auto-locks if the wrong digits are entered consecutively 4 times, which assures us that it is very secure. There is a master password and key to retrieve the same when that happens.
With enhanced battery life and non-volatile memory in case of battery shut down, motorised locks and an inner carpet lining, this lives up to the same standards as the other lockers in Godrej’s range.
The battery life is strong with non-volatile memory.
Though its compact it does not allow heavy metals.
Armour Mechanical Safe Wardro Series safe locker
The Wardro safe locker is another well-made product by Armour. Opened with high precision, computerised key, this locker weighs around 18 kg. Armour promises to customise these safes if required.
- By default, they come with a removable shelf to make space. There are pre-drilled holes at the bottom for bolting down the safe or wall mounting it. The hinges are concealed.
Though it’s a basic looking safe, this has a premium finish and does the job of safe-keeping well.
The removable shelf makes it more spacious.
The price is slightly on the higher side.
Iktu Jumbo XXL Book Style Safe Locker
Iktu makes unique looking products for safekeeping. The Jumbo XXL Book Style Locker is, as the name indicates, designed to look like a book that can be placed in your bookshelf without attracting unnecessary attention. This is a metal safe placed inside a book cover.
- Priced nominally, this is apt for storing small items like a wallet, passport, small pieces of jewellery and other documents safely.
This opens with a physical key. Since it’s light and portable, you can put it in your bag and carry it with you when you travel or place it in your car.
It camouflages the safe locker which makes it even safer.
It may not be as spacious.
Fariox Hidden Secret Book Safe Vault
Another ingenious safe designed to not attract any attention is the book safe sold by Fariox.
- Designed with the cover of a dictionary, this perfectly fits into your bookshelf or can be placed on your table or inside a draw. This is small-sized and apt for those small items like your passport and some cash.
The compact size and the book cover make this perfect to be put into your handbag and carried around. You can choose from different colours and this comes with two high precision keys.
The creative exterior of the safe locker makes it hard for intruders to recognize.
Being too compact, it can’t store more valuables.
Plantex mini safe locker for home
The high grade steel that this safe locker is made of is what makes us vouch for this particular safe locker.
- It is made up of multiple coating that makes the surface not easy to destroy which means this will remain intact for a long time.
This safe locker can be used for various aspects like jewellery, money and other valuables. This safe locker can be attached anywhere without destructing the wall or any other surface.
The safe locker is capable of storing any number of valuables in it.
Top Safe Locker Brands For Homes In India
Best Safe Lockers To Keep Money
|Godrej Security Solutions Forte 40 Steel Safe locker|
|Godrej Security Solutions New Stilo Electronic Safe locker|
|Godrej E-Laptop Pro Electronic Safe locker|
|AmazonBasics Security safe locker|
Best Safe Lockers To Keep Papers & Documents
|Godrej Superia Safe Lockers|
|Stilo Safe Lockers|
Best Safe Lockers For Metal And Other jewellery
|AmazonBasics Fire resistant safe locker|
|Godrej Centiguard Safe locker|
|Godrej security fort safe locker|
How To Choose The Best Safe Lockers for Home in India?
Safe Lockers have become a necessity. Especially with the rise in crime across India. However, choosing the right one is dependent on various factors. Just because a locker looks sturdy does not mean it can protect your valuables. These factors will help your make a better decision and choose the best safe locker for your needs.
- The size of the safe locker is extremely important. Unless your planning on storing bricks of gold, you really won’t need a massive commercial safe locker. Even the small ones might not be perfect as they won’t be able to prevent people from just stealing the safe itself.
- Ideally, you should invest in a small to medium-sized safe locker that can be bolted into the wall. This will not only ensure security but you will also have enough space for important documents and other valuable belongings.
- The best safe lockers for home in India 2021 are honestly, all over the place when it comes to the size. So, it’d would be better to do your own due diligence and figure out the potential measurements yourself. You simply need to take the measurements of the intended space to get a overall approximation of the size. Once you have the length, width and height down, you’re research will be so much more easier.
- It will also help if you can measure the doors and passageways to the room you want to place the safe in. This will help makes installation seamless. Especially, since it’s a matter of extreme privacy. You don’t really want to be calling more than the required people to install the safe.
- When it comes to lockers for home, you can find not only various sizes but you also find manual key based lockers, dial lockers and even electronics safes. While each has it’s benefits, an electronic safe is perfect when it comes to securing valuables at home.
- Other than being password operated, these electronic safes even connect to your mobile phones giving you much more control over your locker. It also freezes if the wrong code is punch in. It’s relatively much safer than a key-based home locker.
What is is that your trying to safeguard?
- You’ll need to answer this question before you go ahead an buy a safe because, it’s the valuables inside that actually determine the category of safe. After all, there’s no point in safeguarding gold biscuits in a portable keypad safe. You’ll need to get a large safe that can be attached to the wall or the floor.
- Other than the value of the possession, you should also consider the size of the value itself. There’s no point in getting a safe if the dimensions o the valuable are bigger than the safe. Of course, you also need to consider if you need to create a specific environment inside for the valuable. For example, if there’s a jewel that’s sensitive to the materials of the safe, then you might want to reconsider it or even purchase a special mat or box to place the value in before placing it in the safe.
- Since the safe is more or less going to be air tight, you need to make sure that the valuable your placing inside will not be damaged in a low moisture, vacuum like environment.
Type of Safe
- As mentioned earlier, the type of safe is extremely important. Of course, you can choose to invest in a multipurpose safe. It doesn’t have to be specific to the valuables. If your planning on storing multiple objects like important documents, jewellery, etc. Then you can get large steel safe. But what kind of steel safe? That’s the real question. You can, for example, get a:
- Floor safe: These types of safes are built into the floor and can know for their capacity and structural integrity. So, not only can it safeguard a large number of valuables but it also almost impossible to break into. Floor mounted safes are perfect if you want to safeguard heavy objects. They can also survive fires and collapses.
- Wall mounted safe: These popular safes are usually mounted to the wall and are extremely hard to steal or even break into. However, they do tend to get damaged if there’s a fire or collapse. The wall-mounted safe comes in various sizes and can accommodate all kinds of valuables. They also happen to have weight restrictions. So, you won’t be able to fill it with as many valuables as you want.
Types of Protection
- While safes aren’t the absolute solution when it comes to safety, they do come pretty close. Of course, safes also range in what they can or can’t do. For example, while some might safes might protect your belongings from physical damage, they won’t be able to protect the contents from water damage. So, it’s important to set expectations before you get a really expensive safe.
- First things first, the safe locker for home should be able to provide a certain amount of protection from different physical threats. While the extent will depend on the materials and overall cost of the safe. It should prevent another human from breaking into it using force. Now, this can mean a hammer or any hard or sharp object for that matter.
- Additionally, there are other lockers for home that can protect your possessions from a steam roller and even a blow torch.
- Of course, these can be unreasonably expensive. But there are a few out there that can protect your safe from fires and even building collapses. These lockers for home use are certainly worth exploring. These safes that help protect your possessions from a wider range of threats are usually referred to as composite safes. And safes are a good option for home use.
- There are also safe lockers that are customized to a specific type of threat. For example, a safe constructed to prevent water damage.
- The cost of the safe is obviously the most important factor. You can either end up going overboard and getting an impractical safe or you can spend way too little and get a really subpar safe. SO, the best thing to do is understand your needs and set a range. Once you’ve zeroed in on the range. Then the best thing to do is to try and get the best value for money.
- For example, an expensive safe automatically doesn’t equate to reliability. You can find a cheaper safe worth a much better steel quality. Most importantly, it’s always better to look out for Amazon deals and discounts.
Is a home safe a good idea?
It depends on what you are trying to secure and keep safe. While some are invested in keeping valuables like money and other jewelry safe, there are others who keep it for documents and such. If you are investing in a safe locker make sure all your requirements have those respective features to support them and keep your home safe. The above list has every feature that makes up for a good safe locker that you can keep at home.
These are the safest lockers that we have gathered for you. We hope you find solace by choosing the perfect one for you.