A backpack should be like your best friend: reliable, trustworthy, strong and of course, padded well enough to keep your back safe and strong from all the burdens you carry. Choose your backpack carefully as this is the one you will be carrying with you, every day, to school, college, work or on those fun hiking and trekking weekends. Here is a list of the best backpacks in India, curated after trying and testing them out
- Best Brands of Backpacks in India
- Top Brands of Backpacks in India 2020
- #1 – American Tourister Backpack
- #2 – Wildcraft Backpack
- #3 – AmazonBasics Backpacks
- #4 – Aristocrat Hike Backpacks
- #5 – Skybags Stream Backpacks
- #6 – AmazonBasics Slim Carry On Travel Backpack
- #7 – F Gear Burner Backpack
- #8 – Gear Classic Backpack
- #9 – ADISA BP010 Backpack
- #10 – Tommy Hilfiger
Best Brands of Backpacks in India
|Comfortable Backpack||American Tourister|
|Lightweight||F gear backpack|
|Large and spacious||Aristricat Backpack|
|Best laptop backpack||Lenova casual laptop backpack|
|Best college backpack||F gear backpack|
The best backpack in India which strikes off all the features needed for a sleek and comfortable experience is the F gear backpack which works really well for all occasions. It is lightweight and is made up of very sturdy leather material.
Top Brands of Backpacks in India 2020
#1 – American Tourister Backpack
American Tourister is a popular brand, sure to feature on any list of any type of luggage in India. This brand by Samsonite has surely but effectively made its way into the homes of many Indians with its strong and durable luggage that can take quite a beating in not only aeroplanes but also in trains and local buses.
- Their backpacks are spacious and designed with modern prints, making it a pleasure to own these and carry them on you.
- This one has the provision of pockets to organise your notebooks, stationery, lunch and other essentials, neatly and securely.
- These are also easy to access.
- We like the bottle holder on the side and the thickly padded shoulder straps that help carry the weight comfortably.
- The downside is that a lot of Tourister products are slightly heavy owing to the thickness of the fabric used.
Spacious and designed well.
#2 – Wildcraft Backpack
One of the most preferred brands amongst frequent campers and backpackers, Wildcraft is impressive when it comes to its quality and durability. Like their rucksacks, their backpacks too are sturdy and spacious.
- The three pockets help put away your stuff and the bag expands well enough to accommodate up to 44 litres.
- The zippers are strong and smooth and do not fray easily.
- The bottle holder is very convenient.
- The shoulder straps are very padded and are adjustable to help the bag sit comfortably on your back.
- The bag is quite light in weight.
- This is a premium brand, priced in the higher range, but do look online for frequent deals and discounts.
- Wildcraft has come up with a lot of funky designs of late and we are in love with the wolf print!
#3 – AmazonBasics Backpacks
AmazonBasics has changed the way people shop and what they spend their money on. True to its name, it keeps its products simple, basic, neat with no compromise on quality and utility.
- The backpacks by AmazonBasics are easily our favourite in their neat monotones, making them versatile for carrying them into work or for fun.
- This bag has one main pocket with a hidden inner pocket and a smaller external one.
- While this can be a downside for those who like multiple pockets, this is also an extremely convenient bag if you carry just a few things and like a light and compact bag.
- You get a one year limited warranty on this bag.
- These come in several colours and there are always good deals going on, so take your pick!
Comes in several colours.
#4 – Aristocrat Hike Backpacks
The Aristocrat Hike is perfect for those day-long hikes. You can also carry this every day if you spend long hours at work or like hitting the gym after work and need to fit in your extra clothes and gym gear.
- This bag has a special compartment to fit in your shoes which is a huge bonus.
- The bag itself is quite spacious and has a lot of secret pockets to stash away money, your keys and maybe some documents.
- The bag is constructed from high-quality polyester that is waterproof and tough.
- The shoulder straps are well padded.
- There are waist straps also provided to offer good support while carrying the heavy bag.
Constructed with polyester.
#5 – Skybags Stream Backpacks
The next one on our list of the best backpacks in India is the Stream by Skybags. –
- The backpacks by Skybags are popular with college students for their colourful, youthful designs and the tough and strong fabric they are made from.
- They are also spacious enough to hold a lot of books, stationery and other necessary things.
- This particular bag has three pockets out of which the two main ones are large and can hold a lot of material.
- There is also a bottle holder.
- The shoulder straps are broad and comfortable to wear.
- This bag comes with an additional rain cover that comes in very handy to ensure that your things inside the bag are safe during the monsoons.
- These come in two different colours – a blue and a green. This established brand is quite expensive, but their products are worth the money.
- Do look online for attractive discounts and promotions.
Has a wide range of colours.
#6 – AmazonBasics Slim Carry On Travel Backpack
We have another backpack from AmazonBasics that is sure to become a favourite if you are a frequent traveller for work or pleasure.
- The design is very well thought out and super impressive.
- There are several pockets to place your clothes and papers.
- We love the front compartment that has mesh pockets to store your pens, water bottle, organiser and so on.
- What makes this even more impressive is the fact that this bag is so compact and comes with a handle on the side as well, so you can sling across one shoulder instead of carrying it like a backpack.
- The water bottle pocket is also zippered, keeping it hidden and closed. You can also slide it onto the handle of your suitcase, making this the most versatile and convenient backpacks ever made!
- Do note that none of this comes cheap. This is quite an expensive backpack but it’s certainly worth every penny.
Very good quality.
#7 – F Gear Burner Backpack
F Gear is a good budget brand offering great quality backpacks in every aspect – be it material, the zippers or the space.
- The F Gear Burner is made from water resistant material that can keep light drizzles or water spills out.
- This cannot keep your stuff safe from a downpour, though.
- The space is large enough to carry your books, a laptop and a few other things.
- This is quite compact and has very sturdy zippers.
- We do like the bottle holder on the side.
- The straps are tough and soft, padded enough to ensure there is no discomfort while carrying this.
- This bag is definitely value for money and a good option if you have a smaller budget.
Could be quite large.
#8 – Gear Classic Backpack
If you’re looking for a high end bag at an affordable price, this is it. The Gear Classic is a backpack made to keep it compact, yet offering sufficient space for all that you want to put in.
- The faux leather finish gives this a premium look and makes it waterproof. You can fit your laptop in the padded section and keep it safe from dents and damages.
- The other pockets can fit in your books and clothes.
- There is an anti-theft pocket that comes in very useful to keep your money and documents safe.
- This bag has a USB port, making it super convenient for you to charge on the go.
- The downside is the zippers that have to be handled a bit carefully as their quality doesn’t seem to be on par with the rest of the bag.
Has an anti-theft pocket
#9 – ADISA BP010 Backpack
ADISA is another backpack on our list in a budget-friendly price, yet offering the best quality and attractive looks.
- We like the neat and curvy zipper adding to the aesthetics of the bag, not taking away its utility.
- The bag is made out of strong polyester that is water-resistant. It is also light in weight and has firm, broad, thick straps.
- There are three other zippers with very spacious compartments to keep your papers, stationery, books and clothes.
- There are two bottle holders, one on either side.
- There are four different colours this bag comes in, our favourite being the Navy.
- The only downside we found in this bag is that there is no separate laptop compartment in this bag, but it’s a good option to go for if you use this for light travel or school.
Comes in four colours.
Cannot contain too many things.
#10 – Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger has some great clothing apparel for men and women but these backpacks are worth mentioning too.
- Like the other products that it focuses on the backpacks are also based on delivering style and class to the utmost.
- The backpack is designed in a way that makes it comfortable to wear for however long because the material feels really good on the shoulder without exerting itself too much on the body.
- The straps are padded and come in a very sponge feel which takes away the stress from the shoulder and the arms.
- Last but not the least, it is made up of s strong material and so you can count on its durability for a long time.
|Durable and made up of good quality.||Expensive.|
There are many brands of backpacks in India at different price points and with different features. We hope the above list made it easy for you to choose one that would appeal to you and suit your requirements.
Here are some frequently asked questions answered:
What’s the difference between water-resistant and waterproof?
This is a very common question that often causes a lot of confusion. Water-resistant means the fabric can handle a spill or the first few drops of the rain. You can wipe this water away quickly and no harm will be done. Leaving the water on for too long will let it seep through. However, only a waterproof bag will repel the water away and keep your things safe.
Are zippers waterproof?
No. Even in a waterproof bag, the zippers will have water seep through in a downpour. They can be water-resistant though. We recommend you buy a rain cover for your bag if you live in a city where there are frequent rains in the monsoons.
How do you wash a backpack?
Most of the polyester bags on our list can be washed easily by hand or in the washing machine. We suggest you put it in a large laundry bag and run it in the machine in cold water. Avoid hot water as any rubber on the bag can get damaged. Also, dry the bag in the shade as too much sun can fade the colours of the bag.
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!