Dust, pollution, suntan, stress. All of this makes your skin dull, damages it and makes your skin age quicker than it should. The first step to skincare should be a good face cream that can protect your skin from these elements, brighten your skin and give it that glow you much desire. Treat yourself to a daily face cream that whitens, brightens and nourishes your skin, keeping you glowing, every single day!
Read our article for the best whitening face creams in India.
- Best whitening cream for Indian skin
- Best Fairness creams in India
- #1 – Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening And Brightening Gel Cream for face
- #2 – Biotique Bio Coconut whitening cream for face
- #3 – Garnier Skin Naturals Light Complete fairness cream for face
- #4 – Olay Day whitening cream for face in India
- #5 – L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect whitening cream for face
- #6 – VLCC Snigdha whitening cream for face
- #7 – Mamaearth Day Fairness Cream for face
- #8 – UrbanGabru Insta Glow whitening Cream for face
- #9 – Neutrogena Fine whitening Cream for face
- Top whitening creams for face in India
Best whitening cream for Indian skin
|Skin type||Whitening cream|
|Oily skin||L’Oreal whitening cream|
|Dark skin||Olay fairness cream|
|Dry skin||Biotique cream|
|Sensitive skin||Lotus cream|
Best Fairness creams in India
#1 – Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening And Brightening Gel Cream for face
The first whitening cream on our list is the Whitening and Brightening Gel by Lotus. Lotus is a popular brand in India focussing on using natural ingredients in their products, making this a good option if you prefer avoiding unnecessary chemicals on your skin. –
- This is a combination of gel and cream, so you need to use very little to get it to spread throughout your face.
- It is a bit dense and works well to moisturise if you have very dry skin.
- This cream has extracts of grape and mulberry that pump in antioxidants, keeping your skin elastic and youthful in turn being one of the best whitening creams for face and body.
- . Extracts of Saxifraga flower help lighten the skin.
- This cream further has an SPF of 25 that prevents you from tanning further and your skin becoming darker.
- You begin to see the difference in about 2 weeks of constant use. If you have oily skin, we suggest you use very little of this cream to moisturise your face.
Best whitening skin for dark skin.
Not suitable for oily skin.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 475
#2 – Biotique Bio Coconut whitening cream for face
The next one on our list is by Biotique. Another popular brand using only natural ingredients, Biotique is a favourite and sort of a staple in many people’s beauty regime.
- This has a beautiful, rich coconut fragrance as soon as you open the box.
- The cream is very dense and the natural coconut oil in it deeply moisturizes your skin.
- It does get absorbed quickly though.
- This may be more suitable for those with dry or very dry skin. It removes the tan and the properties of the coconut repair skin damage caused by the harsh sun or chemical products.
- The Manjistha helps brighten the skin and fade dark spots and blemishes.
- Like all Biotique products, this is priced affordably and a little bit goes a long way.
Gets absorbed quickly.
Not for oily skin as it is a little dense.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 415
#3 – Garnier Skin Naturals Light Complete fairness cream for face
One of the best selling brands in India is Garnier.
- The products are nominally priced and of good quality. The Light Complete whitening cream is enriched with Vitamin C from lemons.
- Lemon juice is a natural bleach that effectively removes tan and reduces blemishes and dark spots.
- Vitamin C is a skin brightener prescribed by most dermatologists and aestheticians around the world.
- Though Garnier claims to show results in one week, this whitening cream works well when used for about a month to show good results.
- It has an SPF of 19 which is good if you are going to be just traveling to work and not spending too much time outdoors.
- This cream is quite thick and is ideal for those with dry skin.
- It may not be suitable if you have oily skin.
The presence of Vitamin C will make skin brighter quickly.
Not for oily skin.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 129
#4 – Olay Day whitening cream for face in India
Having been around in the market for years, Olay is a favorite of many. Like all Olay face creams, this is of light texture, spreads easily and gets absorbed very quickly. The SPF of 24 works as a good sunscreen, sufficient to block out the harmful rays of the sun and protects the skin from tanning and damage.
- This is a good moisturizer as much as a whitening cream and can be used on both dry skins as well as oily skin.
- It makes the skin soft and hydrates well, keeping the skin nourished for almost the whole day.
- Regular use does show good results like a nice, dewy texture and glowing skin.
- It has a subtle fragrance and is at a price point that is nominal.
- This is one of the best-known creams for attaining fair and glowing skin.
Makes the skin glow.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 375
#5 – L’Oreal Paris Skin Perfect whitening cream for face
The Skin Perfect range by L’oreal has been successful in the Indian market. The Anti-imperfections cream is our pick for whitening the skin, reducing blemishes and evening the skin tone.
- L’oreal claims that this is something that should be used once you cross the age of 20. That does make sense as that is when the skin starts ageing slowly.
- This whitening cream offers protection against the sun’s UV rays which is important as the harmful rays can damage the skin and cause darkening.
- The pro collagens work on retaining the youthful texture of the skin, keeping it elastic.
- This is not very heavy and can be used by anyone with any type of skin.
- It hydrates well and keeps the skin moist and soft throughout the day.
- Long term use shows visible results like an even skin tone and whitening.
Click here to check out the product – Rs. 468
#6 – VLCC Snigdha whitening cream for face
The next one on our list of the best whitening face creams in India is the Snigdha by VLCC that has active ingredients like mulberry extract and licorice.
- Both these ingredients have proven to tone skin and brighten it.
- The antioxidants bring back youthfulness and glow to the skin.
- The SPF of 25 is adequate for preventing further tanning and you don’t need extra sunscreen.
- It does repair skin that is damaged due to harsh weather conditions and hydrates it well, making it look plump.
- This cream does have some disadvantages like the texture.
- It is quite thick and takes a bit of time to get absorbed. While this heavy moisturiser works well for those with dry skin, it may not be the best option for those with oily skin.
Not for oily skin.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 275
#7 – Mamaearth Day Fairness Cream for face
Mamaearth has been slowly establishing itself in the Indian market with its premium products made without parabens or silicones.
- The natural radiance day cream has a combination of pomegranate and moringa oil that efficiently work in moisturising the skin and smoothing out the complexion.
- The murumuru butter keeps the skin well hydrated while the mulberry extract pumps in antioxidants and brightens the skin.
- This cream is enriched with an SPF of 20 that protects the skin against further damage from exposure to the sun’s UVA and UVB rays.
- Skin does look radiant and has a subtle glow when you use this for a while regularly.
- Your skin also feels tighter and more toned with an even texture eventually.
- This is not very greasy and can be used by any type of skin. Like other MamaEarth products, this is priced slightly higher than other skin creams in the market.
Tightens the skin.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 448
#8 – UrbanGabru Insta Glow whitening Cream for face
In a flood of products for women, there are some brands that focus on men’s skincare. UrbanGabru is one of those that have become very famous for its products that work astonishingly well.
- Men’s skin is thicker and rougher and needs specific products that can penetrate through it.
- This Insta glow fairness cream also helps prevent acne and clear the skin of pimples.
- It has a high SPF of 50 that works in preventing tan and skin damage, especially for those who spend a lot of time outdoors or commuting on two-wheelers frequently.
- It hydrates well and keeps the skin moisturised throughout the day. When used regularly, skin looks brighter, the complexion is lighter and feels softer and smoother.
- The cream is light and spreads well. It gets absorbed easily throughout the skin and can be used on oily skin comfortably.
- This is a high priced brand and the fairness cream is priced accordingly, but you do get good discounts and deals online.
Hydrates the skin well.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 330
#9 – Neutrogena Fine whitening Cream for face
A leading brand across the world, Neutrogena products are preferred by many in our country.
- This fairness cream has an SPF of 20 that plays an important role in ensuring that the skin does not get damaged beyond what it already is and can focus on repairing and rebuilding.
- This is a good moisturizer for any type of skin and retains the hydration for many hours. It is light and spreads well, gets absorbed quickly and, therefore, is great if you have greasy skin.
- It helps prevent pimples and does diminish dark spots on the face. The skin feels soft and smooth with a nice glow when you use this whitening cream for a couple of months.
- Your skin also looks fairer and clearer as the ingredients are active and work efficiently.
- Like all products in its range, this fairness cream is priced on the higher side but it is worth your money.
It helps with pimples and dark spots.
Click here to purchase the product – Rs. 349
Top whitening creams for face in India
Clear, fair skin with a dewy glow is everyone’s desire. This is somehow made impossible because of harsh weather conditions, the stress of daily life and all the pollution around.
Fairness creams used to be a standard part of women’s beauty regimes every day, once upon a time. These creams were usually full of bleach that quickly removed the superficial tan but extended use gave a whitish appearance that looked unnatural.
What does a fairness cream do to the skin?
Today’s modern person needs more than just a fairness cream. As you can see from our list above, whitening creams today strive to holistically take care of your skin.
- They properly moisturise the skin and keep it hydrated, so you don’t need an added moisturising cream.
- Most of them have an SPF element that stops your skin from tanning further, which is a crucial step in lightening the skin tone.
- The ones that have antioxidants and vitamin C help brighten the skin and slow down the ageing process, keeping your skin elastic and youthful.
- There is no specific age to start using whitening face cream. You can start once you cross the age of 25 and use it regularly to keep your skin young and glowing.
How can I brighten my face naturally?
Brightening your skin naturally can be safe and suitable irrespective of skin type and let’s face it, you save money! Besides choosing a whitening cream for your face you can try out these tips that we have for you.
We Indians have a ton of natural remedies for fairness as it has always been part of the beauty image in our country. So let us take you through some of the natural ways to brighten your skin.
- Turmeric and honey.
This combination can work wonders on your skin. Not only does it give your bright and glowing skin it also gets rid of blackheads and pimples.
- Milk and turmeric
This is another powerful combination that works amazingly on all skin types. As we know, turmeric is a powerful ingredient in whitening skin and is used widely in our country.
Besan powder can be applied to the face and used as a mask. Leave it on your face for at least 15 minutes before you can wash it off.
Whichever combination you choose to stick with, make sure you continue it for at least 2 weeks to see results.
Choose from our list of tried and tested whitening face creams in India.