There is no doubt that a bowl of ice cream can cheer anyone up irrespective of their age!
With the flavours and the different add ons, it makes sense how irresistible it appears. But now ice creams are being differentiated from the brands that are now flourishing in India. The popularity of ice creams is suddenly increasing and each brand is striving to produce the best out of its banner.
We have gone ahead and reviewed some of the most craved for ice creams and curated them for you. So here are some of the most selling ice cream brands in India.
Related: Best Ice Cream Makers in India
|Ice cream brand||Signature flavors||Site|
|Amul||Pista badam, Cookie Crunch delight, Roasted almond, Fruit Fantasy||Buy Here|
|Baskin and Robbins ||Verry Berry Strawberry, Rocky Road, Choco Chip Dough, Mint Choco Chip||Buy here|
|Kwality Walls||Paddle Pop, Orea Ice Cream, Cola Blast||Buy here|
|Mother Dairy||Fruit and nut, Choco chip, Pista kulfi, cream bell vanilla||Buy here|
|Cream bell||Saffron Pine nut, Kesar Multi, Kulfi||Buy here|
|Vadilal||American nuts, Badam Carnival, Butterscotch||Buy here|
|Natural ice creams||Sitaphal,Tender coconut, Blueberry||Buy here|
|Haagen – Dazs||Ruby Cacao, Peanut butter, Chocolate caramel||Buy here|
Our team has reviewed some of the most popular ice cream brands in the country and found one with the biggest range of flavors and has maintained a constant texture and consistency. Here’s what we found
The best ice cream brand in India is Amul. It provides a wide range of flavors including Vanilla, Chocolate, Butterscotch, and Pistachio that have a creamy texture. They come in the form of tubs, cups, sticks, and cones. The prices of the ice creams range from Rs. 20 – Rs. 250.
Related: Best Organic Honey in India
Best Ice Cream Brands in India 2021
Amul is without a doubt becoming the face of ice cream in India by being around the Indian audience for a long time and building trust with its buyers.
- One thing we can give to Amul is the extraordinary flavour and the authenticity of the brand. It’s not often that you see ice creams giving you real flavour along with a reasonable price.
- Amul ice creams are made out of fresh milk and have used that as a marketing strategy throughout the years and we’ve got to admit that it has helped them sweep over the Indian market.
Amul gives ice creams in cones, cups, and sticks along with their unique flavours. They are priced moderately according to each flavour and the form of the ice cream.
|Freshly prepared and very healthy.||Lack of exotic flavors.|
Related: 10 Top Indian Tea Brands
Baskin and Robbins
Baskin and Robbins is a brand that is a favourite among many mainly for its exotic and signature flavours that the other brands lack. Surprisingly, this brand has been around in India since 1993 and now has almost 723 stores in almost 190 cities.
- They have a total of 31 flavours that serve as signature flavours around the world. Although it might seem like the Baskin and Robbins range of ice creams is limited compared to other brands, each Baskin flavour is absolutely brilliant.
- Assuring their clientele that their ice creams are made of fresh cow’s milk they experiment with a lot of flavours that stick to the hygiene factor of the brand.
They have a lot of fruity flavours that have an exotic taste to them. Some of our flavours are Black walnut, Cherry macaron, and Very Berry.
|Great range of exotic flavors.||Slightly expensive.|
Related: Best Green Tea in India
Kwality Walls is another one of the most popular brands that are easily available and cater to everyone’s price range. It’s extremely well known in the Indian ice cream market and its signature flavours have been recognized by ice cream lovers. It’s one of the Most Selling Ice Cream Brands in India.
- The ice creams from Kwality Walls have a creamy texture that can melt in the mouth and have a rich flavour that lingers in your tastebuds. However, what’s truly interesting is that Kwality Walls is not an Indian ice cream brand.
- It was first manufactured in a butcher shop in London way back in 1913. Of course, it was later acquired by Hindustan Unilever (HUL)
- Some of the most popular forms from this brand are Cassata, cornetto and Sandwich which are loved by the Indian clientele.
Our favourite is the Caramel Creme which comes in a tub with a thick texture and a strong caramel flavour which makes your experience worthy.
|Easy availability.||Comparatively fewer fruit flavors.|
Related: Most Selling Biscuit Brands in India
Mother Dairy is not just a brand catering to ice cream but has grown to produce grocery and other food products as well.
- As the name suggests Mother Dairy only gives out milk products and freshly made ice creams which is one of the reasons why it is loved by its consumers. They come in the form of tubs and packets for you to enjoy a nice family get together.
- Their chocolate and vanilla ice cream are well recognized because of their creamy and soft texture. Another favourite of ours is the Butterscotch flavour which is the most popular in India.
The Iconic milky taste of this brand is a hit and miss. While some flavours like cookie crumb are amazing, there pretty crappy ones like American Nutty Delight.
|Fresh ice creams.||Not easily available.|
Cream Bell is a fun brand that takes you through varieties of ice creams that work its way into giving the customers whatever they’d want in an ideal yummy cup of ice cream.
- Their exotic range of flavours and creative forms of ice creams are what we love about this brand. They keep the choices open and available for the needs of every tastebud.
- Their main classifications include Fantasia, Royal Affair, Fun Twist, Sacchh Mucch, and Popular Affair under which there are some exciting flavours for everyone.
The texture of these ice creams remains constant and they apply creaminess to all the flavours which are our favourite feature of the brand.
|Wide range of flavors to choose from with a consistent texture.||Not easily available.|
Vadilal is a brand that is known for how long it has been around in India after it was founded by Vadilal Gandhi. In fact, Vadilal had a massive role to play in the Indian ice cream industry. However, the most amazing thing is that it wasn’t just any regular ice cream, it was India’s first artisanal gelato.
- The ice creams from Vadilal are known for their traditional ways and how authentically they prepare ice creams. Vadilal has been refining their craft since 1926 and now they have the widest range of ice creams in the country with almost 150+ flavours.
- Our favourites are their fruit flavours which they have elaborated over the years and improvised according to the likes of the customers.
Their creamy flavours keep us hooked and they have you coming back for more and experiment with their new fruit collaborated ice creams.
|Great range of fruit ice creams||Not much chocolate flavors.|
Natural ice creams
Natural is an unconventional brand catering to naturally made ice creams out of original fruits and other flavors.
- We prefer Naturals because of their authenticity and the range of original flavours which are recognized because of their involvement in preparing each of them.
- Their litchi and mango flavours are the best selling ones because they still have a hint of these fruits and customers love it when the brand affirms what they stand for.
They have high standards of production and don’t budge even a little bit when it comes to the standard quality they are known for. This is why this is our go-to brand for fruity flavoured ice cream.
|Great range of fruity flavors.||Expensive.|
Haagen – Dazs
Even though Haagen Dazs is not very popular in India, it deserves to be on top for those who crave a change in their ice cream flavors.
- All the flavours of this brand are customized with their creative team and made a signature flavour that can be found only here.
- The main aspect of this brand is the perfect blend of ice cream flavours with spirit which is fairly new to the Indian clientele.
Each of their categories has an elaborate list of flavours under which they have a wide range of whole other flavours. We are not going to lie to you – it does get pretty perplexing to choose from these delicious flavours.
|Different range of flavors for adults and children.||It may not easily available.|
Dinshaw’s ice cream
Dinshaw’s has a wide range of premium flavors that focus on rich flavors catering to all kinds of consumers.
- Dinshaw’s ice creams come on cones, tubs, and sticks in different flavours and work into giving your tastebuds a new taste.
- Their prices are reasonable and don’t empty your pockets even if you are opting for the family pack.
Their kulfi ice cream collection has a whole lot of flavours including pistachios, malai and a whole lot of ethnic flavours which is an excellent blend to their other chocolate and vanilla extravaganza.
|A wide range of flavors and a great texture.||None.|
Havmor can be the brand you go to when you’re absolutely confused as to what to get for yourself and this brand will fix that issue for you with its vast variety.
- Being available in cones, cups, tubs, and even sandwiches, Havmor has covered it all when it comes to ice cream.
- There is a whole range of 160 flavors that you can pick from which is quite a lot when compared to the other ice cream brands on our list.
They have a delicious collection of ice cream cakes which serves as the perfect solution for all your birthday parties.
|So many varieties to choose from.||This brand is not easily available.|
Everybody loves ice cream and everybody should have access to the best brands in the country. We believe that nobody should be an exception to that rule and we hope that the above list has helped you figure which one’s the best.
Which is the best ice cream brand in India?
The best Ice brand in India would have to be Amul. While it doesn’t have exotic flavours, this Indian ice cream brand has one of the most authentic and natural ice cream flavours. Most importantly, it’s not unreasonably high priced.
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!