Noodles are one solution for every hungry soul!
If you are looking for something to fill you up and does not take much time preparing you immediately turn to make noodles. With the myriad of options available in India, it has become a staple food for youngsters with limited kitchen appliances suited for them. We have researched on the various brands available and have curated the most selling noodle brands in India.
Best selling noodle brands in India 2020
We have researched the popularity of noodles and found that there are two brands that have been purchased the most in India.
Based on a recent census on consumption of Noodle brands in India, Maggi and Yippie are the best selling brands. Both brands have various other flavours that come under the parent brand. The Chicken flavour is the best selling under Maggi which costs Rs. 60. Yippie’s classic masala is another top favorites among the Indian clientele.
We don’t need to give you a brief introduction about one of the best selling noodle brands in India. The ban of Maggi for a brief amount of time proved that the brand had encompassed its audience and become a major food product.
- We love how Maggi has a strong yet subtle taste included in the masala. It works really well with the Indian taste buds!
- Another major pro of this noodle brand is that the subtleness of the masala allows you to experience with other ingredients and make your own dish.
- It comes in different quantities ranging from 100g, 70g, 420g, 520g and 50g.
- This is considered the original flavour of the brand.
|Easily available.||Not for those who crave different flavours.|
Yippie stole the limelight when Maggi was banned and has been shining ever since.
- Catering to the Indian audience just like Maggi did, Yippie was another instant noodles brand in India which exuded Indian flavours.
- They come in various flavours including Magic masala, classic masala, tricolour pasta Chinese masala which have all become popular over time.
- We love that it has a tangy tomato flavour which just blends in with the noodles.
- Like Maggi this is also very easily available and can be found anywhere near you.
|Has a tangy flavour.||Not available in non veg flavours.|
Ching’s secret instant noodles
Besides the fact that the handsome Ranveer Singh is the face of the brand, Ching’s has a unique blend of flavours that caters to those who love something different!
- The main reason Ching’s is flourishing in India is that it is available in a wide range of flavours including Schezwan instant noodles, hot garlic noodles, egg Hakka noodles, Singapore curry instant noodles and Veg Hakka noodles.
- Like Yippie and Maggi this too is instant and is cooked in a matter of minutes.
- Our favourite is the Schezwan noodles which is a perfect blend of spices and has a soothing underlying sour flavour.
|Comes in a wide range of flavours.||None.|
Knorr soupy noodles
Knorr is another popular noodle brand in India which is another cost-effective brand.
- The soupy noodles from Knorr is a style that has become very popular in India which has brought a different side to noodles.
- The flavours include Mast masala, Knorr Chinese, Schezwan and so on which will cater to people with different taste preferences.
- The small packets of this brand cost only Rs. 15 which applies to everybody.
|Cost-effective.||Might not have spice in it.|
Patanjali Atta noodles
Patanjali is one of the most trusted brands for skincare, hair products and healthy products. The Atta noodles is a testimony to that.
- Besides the fact that it is tasty with the goodness of some of the best spices, it is also nutritious and works into keeping you strong and healthy.
- The reason why Patanjali’s atta noodles come into play for a lot of Indians is that there is a constant fear of getting harmfully affected by noodles. The atta goodness comes as the perfect choice for those people.
- Patanjali is 100% vegetarian and is not a good choice for non-vegetarian lovers.
|Very healthy.||Not for those who crave flavours.|
Foodles is like Patanjali which aims at catering to those health-conscious people by providing only nutrients in their noodles.
- We know what you’re thinking! Horlicks was this one brand which gave us a reason to gulp down milk quickly but now it has noodles as well? That’s right and it is as yummy as the milk powder.
- Foodles comes in a very healthy package with only the best ingredients aimed at giving you a great breakfast or snack.
- Unlike the other noodles brands in India, instead of the tastemaker sachet, Foodles comes with a health maker sachet which gives you all the more reason to love this.
|Very healthy and tasty.||Not easily available.|
A hot bowl of ramen is a universal language for comfort and bliss! This brand is popular around the world and has had some improvisation in India with flavours.
- The curry flavour of Top Ramen is great for those who want a taste of Indian in every dish they eat.
- The flavours are merged together to give you a nice bowl of goodness so this is according to us the perfect choice.
- This comparatively takes a longer time to be prepared but once cooked, it tastes blissful with a range of flavours blended together.
- They have flat noodles as well which tastes completely different from the regular ones you get here so if you’re looking for a change, you know what to get!
|Comes in a wide range of flavours.||A bit expensive than the rest on the list.|
Wai Wai Noodles
This is our favourite from the list as it can a unique taste when compared to the others on the list.
- The packet comes with onion oil, a special tastemaker and chilli flakes which makes up for a unique taste.
- The best part about wai wai is that it is edible raw and has a chip-like taste.
- All you need to do if you want to consume it like noodles is leave it in hot water for about 10 minutes and you’re dish is done.
- This instant noodle has created quite a storm in the Indian market being the favourites of noodles lovers.
- It comes in a vegetarian and a chicken flavour both of which are around Rs. 15.
|Has a unique taste.||Not easily available.|
Joymee instant noodles
Joymee is an instant noodles brand in India which cannot be seen as often as the rest on our list since it is new.
- It comes with a crispy onion topping which is the part we love the most about this brand.
- It comes in a unique blend of masalas and other flavours which makes up for a tasty bowl of noodles.
- We urge you to try out this exciting brand of noodles and see how different they are from the rest if you like change.
- The only downside to this noodle brand is that it does not have as much flavours as one would expect so there aren’t many choices.
|Healthy and tasty flavour.||Not many options for flavours.|
Which Indian noodles are healthy?
According to what we have researched with the ingredients used in each of them we have noticed the Patanjali Atta noodles is the safest to use as it steers clear from using chemicals or artificial flavours in their tastemakers. This is suitable for all age groups because it works well with the intestine.