Summer is here and with it comes the sweltering heat, sweat and fatigue. Whichever part of India you live in, you will experience this in the summer. Air Conditioners which were once considered a luxury are now a necessity, something we simply cannot do without. With this necessity has emerged a huge number of brands selling ACs in India. Here, in this article, you will find reviews of only the Top AC brands in India.
- Best AC brands in India 2020
- #1 – Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC 183VCZS
- #2 – Sanyo 1.5 Ton 5 Star Dual Inverter Wide Split AC SI/SO-15T5SCIC
- #3 – AmazonBasics 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
- #4 – Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC R32CAI18EK5R39F0
- #5 – Daikin 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC FTKP50TV
- #6 – Godrej 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC GSC 18KTC3-WSA
- #7 – TOSHIBA 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC RAS-18BKCV-IN+RAS-18BACV-IN
- #8 – Hitachi 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC – RSD317HCEA
- #9 – Blue Star 3WAE081YDF Window AC
- #10 – LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC – KS-Q18YNXA
Best AC brands in India 2020
|Feature||Ac brands||Amazon links|
|Best 1 ton Ac brand in India||Godrej 1 ton AC||Link|
|Best 2 ton Ac brand in India||Sanyo 2 ton AC||Link|
|Best 1.5 ton Ac brand in India||AmazonBasics 1.5 Ton||Link|
|Affordable Ac brand in India||Blue Star 3WAE081YDF Window AC||Link|
|Best Inverter Ac brand in India||Sanyo 1.5 Ton 5 Star Dual Inverter Wide Split AC||Link|
|Best window Ac brand in India||Blue Star 3WAE081YDF Window AC||Link|
|Best split Ac brand in India||Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star||Link|
#1 – Voltas 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC 183VCZS
Most Split ACs today come with an inverter compressor, which is responsible for varying the speed depending on the temperature.
- This helps maintain a steady temperature, saves energy and also produces less noise.
- It is a split AC which most people do prefer nowadays.
- This AC comes with a 3-star rating, helping you save energy which converts into saving money in the long run.
- It also uses a copper coil which cools quicker and better than an aluminium coil.
- The impressive feature is the presence of an anti-bacterial coating and a dust filter, which keeps you safe as you breathe in the air.
- It uses an R-32 environment-friendly refrigerant gas.
- You get a 1-year warranty on the condenser and 5 years on the compressor.
|Environmental friendly Ac||Expensive.|
#2 – Sanyo 1.5 Ton 5 Star Dual Inverter Wide Split AC SI/SO-15T5SCIC
This popular Japanese brand has been much loved by the older generation of our country for the durability of the products and the reliability of the brand.
- The Sanyo 1.5 Ton split AC is one of the rarest ACs having the highest energy ratings of full 5 stars, helping you save loads of money on your electricity bill.
- It has a full inverter, keeping up with the wide fluctuations we tend to experience.
- It’s also almost noiseless, helping you sleep in peace.
- Using a copper coil, it cools quickly and reduces the effort of maintenance as well.
- You have service centres in over 350 cities in India, making installations and maintenance quick and simple.
|Good rating from customers.||Makes noise.|
#3 – AmazonBasics 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC
With the introduction of AmazonBasics, Amazon’s own brand of high-quality products, with no extra frills, priced at affordable rates, we’ve got more choice for any product we need.
- The air conditioners by AmazonBasics are as good as their other products in terms of quality and efficiency.
- We also like the way the AC looks, neat and classy with the name printed in the centre and a rose gold trim.
- Efficiency wise, this AC exceeds a lot of other brands popular in the market with an energy rating of nearly 4 stars.
- It cools effectively in very hot weather with its copper coil and has an anti-corrosive weatherproof exterior, keeping this AC durable.
- It filters out air impurities to about 80% and manages high voltage fluctuations as well, which is something required in India.
- The after-sales service is quite good, with the brand’s wide network in nearly 350 cities across the country.
|Cools in hot weather.||Expensive.|
#4 – Carrier 1.5 Ton 5 Star Inverter Split AC R32CAI18EK5R39F0
Carrier 1.5 Ton air conditioner is one of the most expensive ones in the market and for good reason.
- This AC comes with a 5-star energy rating which is the highest you can find. It has a dual inverter compressor, managing power depending on fluctuating heat loads and is practically noise-free.
- It also comes equipped with a 100% copper coil that cools very quickly up to temperatures of 52 deg celsius.
- A few special features that make this worth the price you pay is the presence of an inbuilt dehumidifier, an air purifier and a dust filter that cleans the air you breathe of any dust and allergens.
- You also have an additional P.M 2.5 filter that further filters other impurities in the air, keeping you safe as well as cool.
|Inbuilt air purifier.||Expensive.|
#5 – Daikin 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC FTKP50TV
While Daikin does manufacture a few non-inverter Air conditioners, the one on our list of the best ACs in India is the 1.5 Ton Inverter Split AC, which costs more than the non-inverter ones.
- This has a very high energy rating of 4 star which is above industry recommended standards.
- Using a pure copper condenser coil, this cools the room very quickly. The inverter compressor adjusts the power according to fluctuations and the R32 refrigerant gal is environmentally friendly.
- You get a one year warranty on the product and the condenser but a long ten-year warranty on the compressor, which is double the length provided by other competing AC brands.
- It comes with a P.M 2.5 filter, blowing in clean air.
- This is also equipped with a built-in stabiliser, taking away the need for an additional item to be purchased.
|Good warranty period||Expensive.|
#6 – Godrej 1.5 Ton 3 Star Split AC GSC 18KTC3-WSA
Saving energy with a high rating of 3.5 stars, the Godrej 1.5 Ton Split Air conditioner is a good buy in the non-inverter category. While the market is flooded in with inverter ACs, there are some people who prefer the non-inverter ones and this is a good option.
- Suitable for medium-sized rooms, this AC is equipped with a copper condenser coil that efficiently cools in the hottest of weathers.
- It is built with an anti-corrosive condenser and evaporator, adding to the life and durability of this machine.
- With an R32 refrigerant, this is environmentally friendly as well.
- Godrej gives you a standard 1-year long warranty on the product and the condenser and a 5-year warranty on the compressor.
#7 – TOSHIBA 1.5 Ton 4 Star Inverter Split AC RAS-18BKCV-IN+RAS-18BACV-IN
Another Japanese brand that is trusted in India is Toshiba. This Air conditioner uses a unique technology called “Magic coil” that keeps the condenser coil free of dust.
- The coil is coated with an aqua resin that does not allow dust to accumulate, prolonging the life of the coil.
- It also makes maintenance a breeze.
- With a high energy rating of 4 stars, this is above industry standards and saves a lot of electricity.
- The cooling is powerful with a big fan to blow in more air.
- The outdoor unit is also more durable with a special electronic box to keep away rodents and pests from damaging it and a huge heat sink to effectively expel heat.
|High energy rating.||Expensive.|
#8 – Hitachi 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC – RSD317HCEA
Hitachi 1.5 Ton air conditioner is neat in appearance and comes with a 3-star energy rating. It has a dual inverter compressor like most top quality split ACs of today, adjusting the power according to the varying heat load.
- It also has minimal noise, keeping it quiet while you sleep. The copper coil it uses cools the room quickly, even if the hottest of weather, and keeps the maintenance requirements low.
- A special feature in this AC is the presence of an anti-bacterial coating and a dust filter which helps keep you safe from allergies.
- It also has an inbuilt dehumidifier which keeps your room dry, removes unpleasant odours and helps purify the air.
- This is something we don’t find in many other ACs, making this a premium product, priced higher than the other brands.
|Anti bacterial coating on the AC||Expensive.|
#9 – Blue Star 3WAE081YDF Window AC
Since the time Split ACs became popular, we’ve been seeing lesser and lesser window ACs being manufactured and sold.
- The technology of window ACs is outdated, missing some features like sensors and filters, but on the other side they are easier to install and are also more affordable.
- Nevertheless, there are still some brands that sell some good old window ACs that are efficient and cost half the price of the split ACs. Blue Star is one such brand that makes window ACs that are quick cooling.
- The 3WAE081YDF Window AC comes with a 3-star energy rating and a 5 year warranty on the compressor.
- It uses a copper condenser coil and a remote to operate it conveniently.
- It uses an R32 eco-friendly refrigerant, has a neat external finish and is easy to clean.
|Affordable.||Might not have a lot of premium features that other brands.|
#10 – LG 1.5 Ton 3 Star Inverter Split AC – KS-Q18YNXA
This Korean electronics brand is one of the best you can find in India, regardless of which product you go for. Be it phones, microwave ovens, washing machines or air conditioners, you know this brand is reliable.
- This is also proven in the fact that this is one of the best selling ACs in the country.
- This AC uses a 100% copper wire that cools quickly and efficiently, even when the weather outside is at its hottest, around 52 deg celsius.
- It uses a dual inverter compressor and has an automatic cleaning feature.
- This means you don’t have to clean as often as you do other ACs.
- It also comes with a 3-star energy-saving feature, so you get to save some big bucks as well.
- Another bonus is that LG has a wide after-sales service network, so you are covered there as well.
|Budget oriented||Installation may take time.|
An air conditioner doesn’t come cheap. It’s in fact, one of the most expensive things you will buy for your home. If you have a family, consider this an investment for their health and well-being. This being the case, you have to choose the right one, both in terms of cost as well as efficiency. Choose one from the top ac brands in India to get the best value for your money.