That argument with the truck driver about who was in whose lane can be put to rest with a dashcam! In fact, a dash cam can help you save a ton of time if you ever encounter a scammer. With more violence on the streets, these convenient cameras are becoming necessities. So, check out our list of the Top Dash Cams In India for all the details.
Dashcams are definitely becoming more and more popular every day. While some are very fancy with lots of interesting features, some just do the job. But they all can certainly come in handy when you have (knock on wood) an accident or a break-in. Read through for some of the top dashcams in India that you can install in your vehicle to save your day.
|Dashcams in India||View Angle||Amazon Link|
|70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro||140 deg||Link|
|Procus Convoy car dash camera||120 deg||Link|
|DDPAI Mini dash camera||140 deg||Link|
|Campark dash camera||170 deg||Link|
|Akaso VI Dash cam||170 deg||Link|
|Blueskysea B1W mini dash cam||360 deg||Link|
|Adofys dash camera||150 deg||Link|
After having reviewed 50 of the top rated dash cams in India based on various factors like video capture, video quality, features, performance, design, function, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 10 Dashcams that really stood out. These 10 were further put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best dash cam in India is the 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro. The 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro
- Best Dash Cams In India 2021
- 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro
- Procus Convoy Car Dash Camera
- DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera
- Campark Dash Cam
- AKASO V1 Dash Cam
- Blueskysea B1W dash cams
- Adofys Dash Cam
- Nemora WiFi Mini Car Dash Camera
- Apeman dash cam
- DDPAI X2S Pro dual dash camera
Best Dash Cams In India 2021
70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro
The 70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro is one of the best selling dashcams in India owing to its 6 glass lens and high clarity images.
Working on a 5 MP Sony sensor and dual-core Hisilicon processor, this is worth the high price you pay.
The wide-angle lens can capture to an angle of 140 deg and can adjust its exposure, capturing high-quality images even in darkness.
This dashcam is built with a Defog algorithm which reduces distortion of images while driving through mist, smoke, and fog.
This is also equipped with the much-needed g-sensor which senses motion and automatically goes into emergency mode in the case of a collision.
It captures the images and prevents them from being overwritten in such a case.
This cam has a useful parking mode as well as real-time alerts when you are moving away from your lane.
You can rely on this dashcam for long-distance driving as well as it comes with a powerful 500mAh battery that is in-built.
|Good for long distances.||Expensive.|
Procus Convoy Car Dash Camera
Procus Convoy car dash camera is a stylish-looking model with super features, priced in the premium midrange.
- It is built to be durable and seems like it will last a long time.
- The initial installation is simple and quick, and you can have this functioning in no time.
- It comes with a 3 inch LCD screen and a wide-angle lens with a full HD video resolution, even while driving in darkness or dim light.
- Equipped with a parking function and a motion detection G-sensor, this dash camera automatically records the collision on the micro SD and prevents it from getting it overwritten by the looping feature.
- The internal memory can hold data up to 32 GB.
- One downside of this dash cam is that you don’t get a memory card with the product and you will have to purchase it separately.
|Comes with premium features.||Does not come with a memory card.|
DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera
Priced competitively with the Procus Convoy, the DDPAI Mini dash camera for the car is everything that you need in a dash cam and much more.
- The 140 deg wide angle lens gives you good coverage along with high definition images even when it is dark outside.
- The parking mode comes in handy when you are parked in a shady neighborhood and want to keep an eye on your car, while the G-sensor goes into emergency mode and records the video on impact or collision.
- One amazing feature is that this cam works in extreme temperatures ranging from -25 deg C to 85 deg C, so you are sorted in any city in India.
- All you need to do is replace the Lithium battery and LCD screen with a temperature resistant supercapacitor.
- Connect this mini dash cam to your smartphone via wifi for easy access.
- This cam comes with a huge internal memory capacity of up to 128 GB.
|Can be connected to the smartphone.||Expensive.|
Campark Dash Cam
Campark dash camera has one of the best wide angle lenses you can find with a range of 170 degrees.
- This is achieved by the dual cameras, a front and a rear.
- The front camera has a high definition resolution of 1080P while the rear is slightly lower at 720P.
- The front camera produces excellent clarity of images even in the night.
- The rear camera is waterproof and is reliable when you need to reverse your car and park it.
- The camera comes equipped with a motion detector which is useful when the car is parked and a g-sensor to capture images when there is a collision.
- You can turn on the parking monitor to protect your car when you are not around.
|Rear camera is waterproof||Expensive.|
AKASO V1 Dash Cam
The Akaso VI Dash cam is a small and compact device that can sit on your dashboard without ruining the aesthetics of your vehicle.
- Using a Sony sensor and a 170-degree wide-angle lens, this dash cam captures more detail than other cameras in the market, plus reducing the noise captured.
- The videos are shot in high quality 1296P HD resolution.
- This cam makes use of a 6G lens module for more clarity.
- It employs the Wide Dynamic Range technology where you get better images in the night compared to cameras that don’t use this.
- Apart from this, you have all the other features expected of a high-end dash cam like loop recording, incident detection, and an internal memory capacity of 128 GB.
|High quality video.||None.|
Blueskysea B1W dash cams
If you don’t like the dash cams that are big and prefer something that is inconspicuous, you can opt for the Blueskysea B1W mini dash cam.
- This camera is so small that it sometimes seems like a stealth gadget set to record stuff without someone’s knowledge!
- But, just because it is so small, it does not mean that you have any compromise in performance.
- This has all the features of a regular-sized camera like a g-sensor, loop recording feature and more.
- The camera can rotate to 360 degrees, giving you the best coverage along with extremely high clarity, thanks to its Sony sensor.
- What’s even better is that this uses a super capacitor to work on, so this will function no matter what the weather is.
|Can rotate 360 degrees||None.|
Adofys Dash Cam
Designed to look like a camera, this gadget will appeal to many out there in terms of its price.
- This easy on the pocket dash cam comes equipped with a g-sensor plus an accelerator sensor.
- The loop recording feature and motion detection are on par with the features of a higher-priced dashcam brand.
- The night vision is excellent as the camera records with clarity of 1080p in high definition and the wide-angle lens captures images to around 150 degrees.
- The Parking monitor in this dash cam is a good function to have when you park your car in an unsafe locality.
Nemora WiFi Mini Car Dash Camera
Here we have another miniature dash camera here made by an Indian brand.
- The Gemora mini dash camera comes with all the features of a regular-sized dash camera.
- The 170-degree wide lens captures high definition video of 1080P resolution.
- This uses a Novotek sensor that can function in ultra low light to shoot great clarity videos even in dim light or during the night time.
- It has inbuilt wifi that you can use to connect to your android or iPhone and view the recordings.
- It has all the other useful features of a top dash cam like a g-sensor, motion detector and a parking monitor.
- The manufacturer gives you a one year warranty on this camera.
|Has other premium features||None.|
Apeman dash cam
Apeman dash cams are known to be one of a kind in quality and delivers the best when it comes to those who are particular about quality.
- It comes with a 3 inch LED screen which is pretty big for you to see the subjects clearly and not blurred.
- It has an ultra wide angle of 170 degrees which is pretty wide.
- The clarity of images and the videos is impeccable and is reviewed to be one of the best.
- The setting up process of this is pretty easy and can be done with little effort. The video is recorded seamlessly without any lag.
- It has a crystal clear night vision with a decent aperture setting for a clear vision in the dark.
|Crystal clear vision.||SD card is not included in the dash cam|
DDPAI X2S Pro dual dash camera
DDPAI dash cams has a crystal clear vision at front which works really well if you are tending carefully while driving – which you must.
- The best feature of this dash cam is that it has a dual storage which stores the backup of footage in case of emergency.
- The super parking mode comes into rescue in tricky parking lots with a lot of vehicles moving back and forth.
- The third gen remote snaps allow you to click snaps of instances while driving or parking the car.
|The dual-storage comes in handy during emergency situations.||Does not have a large storage|
Which dash cam is best?
Here are the top dash cams in India you can buy today:
|70mai Smart Dash Cam Pro|
|Procus Convoy Car Dash Camera|
|DDPAI Mini Car Dash Camera|
|Campark Dash Cam|
|AKASO V1 Dash Cam|
|Adofys Dash Cam|
Is dashcam legal in India?
There are no laws that prevent you from installing a dashcam in India. It’s like installing security surveillance cameras in your home for extra security. As long as you are going to be using it for personal security and not misusing the footage, there is nothing stopping you from fitting your car with a dashcam.
Can I leave my dashcam on overnight?
If you are worried about thefts and vandalism in the night, then leaving your dash cam on in the night is a good option. You can get a dashcam with motion sensors that only records and stores the footage when there is some sort of a break-in.
What should I look for when buying a dashcam?
There are a lot of factors you need to consider before choosing a dashcam for your car:
#1- Choose a cam that has a good resolution in the night. This is something you cannot compromise on as the whole purpose of your dashcam is to record clearly
#2- Your dashcam should preferably have a looping mode where it records over unwanted previous footage when the storage is at full capacity
#3- Buy a dashcam that has sensors to detect when you’re in an accident. This footage will come in handy when you need it for insurance or other purposes
#4-Get a dashcam that has a motion sensor. This will help you identify break-ins and thefts
#5- A dashcam with battery backup is definitely something you must consider as you don’t want it to run out of charge when you most need it
#6- Pick a dashcam with a wider angle view rather than something that can only view what’s right in front of it, for better coverage
Are dash cams worth it?
Certainly. In case of accidents or confrontations in accidents, having dash cams comes in handy to prove that you are not at fault.
This is by far the biggest pro of owning a dashcam and incorporating it into your travel life.
Can I leave my dashcam on overnight?
There is no point in leaving your dashcam on overnight since a dashcam only records when in motion. Even though it does not have a direct effect on your car, we do not think leaving your dashcam overnight is a good idea. It can work harmfully on the device and affect future usage.
Kishen is the Editor-in-chief of Best India Products and is also our top reviewer. He loves testing product quality and is extremely fond of accessories that bring value to the user.
Check out Bestindiaproducts.com for all of his Reviews and Guides!