From a country that traditionally washed clothes by hand and later progressed to semi-automatic washing machines, we have to congratulate ourselves for having some of the best fully automatic top loading machines in the market today. They make our life so easy and I, for one, cannot imagine life without a fully automatic washing machine. Here is a list of the top loading fully automatic washing machines in India
- Best Top Loading Fully Automatic Washing Machines In India
- #1 – Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine WA62M4100HY/TL
- #2 – Whirlpool 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WHITEMAGIC ROYALE 6.2
- #3 – LG 6.5 Kg 5 Star Smart Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine T65SKSF4Z
- #4 – Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WOE654W0IN
- #5 – IFB 6.5 Full loading automatic washing machine
- #6 – Godrej 6.2 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WT EON 620
- #7 – AmazonBasics 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
Best Top Loading Fully Automatic Washing Machines In India
#1 – Samsung 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top load Washing Machine WA62M4100HY/TL
Mobile phones, Televisions, microwave ovens, refrigerators: You see Samsung everywhere. This brand is so popular world over because of the quality, technology and after sales service that they offer. The washing machines by Samsung live up to this reputation.
- With a 4 year warranty on the motor and 2 years on the product, you have a machine that will serve you for many years with heavy, regular washing.
- Using a “diamond drum” technology, where the drum has elevations that help scrub the clothes to remove stains and dirt better, you can rest assured that you’re getting one of the best top loading washing machines in this price range.
- The machine has something called a “magic filter” that removes the lint and keeps your clothes soft.
- It also comes with an eco tub clean mechanism that cleans the tub without chemicals.
- The beautiful and strong tempered glass door gives you visibility into the machine and the LED panel is intuitive and easy to use.
- The machine also drains the water quickly in the spin mode, helping you save energy and drying time.
- Samsung offers free installation, though it is quite easy to install it yourself and use it.
|Drains the water quickly.||Expensive.|
#2 – Whirlpool 6.2 kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WHITEMAGIC ROYALE 6.2
Whirlpool is a company that makes washing machines that are highly advanced in terms of technology.
- These top loading fully automatic washing machines are highly intuitive in the way they sense the weight and quantity of the clothes and fill the water accordingly.
- It also lets you know how much detergent you should use, which is a blessing for most young people using washing clothes for the first time.
- The other thing is that this stops automatically when the voltage is low, avoiding the need for a stabiliser and saving the machine.
- You could say that this machine is made for India as it fills water a lot quicker than other machines even when the pressure is low.
- It also washes quite well when the water is hard.
- The drum has soft grooves that help scrub the clothes and give you squeaky clean clothes when done.
- This machine has 12 settings for washing your clothes, varying from a spa setting for your delicates and woolens to heavier wash settings when you want to wash your towels and bedsheets.
#3 – LG 6.5 Kg 5 Star Smart Inverter Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine T65SKSF4Z
LG has tremendous confidence in its products and this is proved by the fact that you get a 10-year warranty on the motor, one of the longest warranty periods any company offers.
- This top-loading fully automatic machine comes with a 5-star energy rating, the highest according to industry standards, helping you save big bucks in the long run.
- It uses a “smart inverter technology” that saves power and a durable, waterproof motor that does not corrode or rust, prolonging the life of your machine.
- You have around 6 wash settings that include a gentle cycle as well as a setting for heavier and soiled clothes.
- It runs at 750 rpm for quick drying after the washing is done.
- One of the biggest issues people face is trouble with rats. Once rats bite through your washing machine, it’s as good as your money being thrown down the drain. LG solves this headache by including a rat cover along with your machine, so you don’t have to worry about this.
- The neat top glass and the LED panel make it easy to operate and peep in while your clothes are getting washed.
|Prevents damage from external factors.||Expensive.|
#4 – Bosch 6.5 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine (WOE654W0IN
The German brand Bosch is well known for its technology and the durability of its products. Therefore, it is no surprise that this is one of the best selling top loading washing machines in India.
- Using superior technology, this washing machine comes with 8 different wash cycle options and 8 levels of water depending on the weight and quantity of the clothing.
- It is equipped with a child safety lock and the drum stops operating as soon as the lid is open.
- The magic filter removes lint from your clothes and is easy to take out and clean.
- You get two different dispensers for detergent, one for liquid and one for powder.
- When it comes to drying the clothes, this does a pretty quick and decent job.
- However, other brands work better in this aspect. Apt for India where you have unpredictable voltage fluctuations and power cuts, this machine resumes its washing from the point it was paused.
- It also adapts itself when the water pressure is low.
- Bosch offers a 10-year warranty on the motor and two years on the product, similar to the LG.
|10 year warranty||Mediocre drying feature.|
#5 – IFB 6.5 Full loading automatic washing machine
Once upon a time, IFB was synonymous with washing machines. With newer brands entering the market, IFB took a step back but the brand is still reliable, durable and provides good after sales service.
- With 8 levels of water and a fast spin rate, you get to save water and electricity in the long run.
- The one thing that top loading machines find difficult compared to front loading is the ability to rotate the clothes around for a good wash.
- IFB takes care of this with its 360 degrees churn and gets rid of hard to remove dirt and stains from the laundry.
- The crescent moon grooves on the drum also aid this but they are smooth and don’t damage the clothes.
- The Triadic Pulsator cleaning engine flushes powerful jets of water through the clothes to make them super clean.
- Apart from this, you also get one of the best warranties on the IFB top loading washing machine with 4 years on the product and 10 years on the spare parts.
|Good warranty.||Might be hard to maneuver.|
#6 – Godrej 6.2 Kg Fully-Automatic Top Loading Washing Machine WT EON 620
It is no doubt that Godrej stands for durability and efficiency, and is certainly a premium brand in the market. Though Godrej is not as popular for its washing machines as it is for its security products, the fully automatic top loading WT EON 620 functions on par with the top washing machine brands and is definitely value for money.
- It has all the basic functions you need in a good washing machine with a stainless steel drum, a memory which resumes where it stopped when the power got cut off and an auto-restart feature.
- It also has a user friendly LED display and buttons.
- It comes equipped with a child lock and a tempered glass top through which you can see.
- One small disadvantage is that this machine is given a 2 year warranty which is shorter than most in the market.
|Super cool premium features||Less warranty period|
#7 – AmazonBasics 6.5 kg Fully-Automatic Top Load Washing Machine
What started as just an e-commerce portal is now giving all the brands featured on its website a tough competition with its high-quality products sold at competitive prices.
- Amazon Basics washing machines are absolute value for money with a 700 rpm spin to save your electricity.
- The intelligent system estimates the load of washing and adjusts the water quantity accordingly for the best wash.
- It comes equipped with 10 different wash cycles to suit every possible need, right from delicates, all the way to the heavy loads.
- There is the delay start function that you can use when you want your clothes to soak for a while.
- It also has a tub cleaning function and is built out of a body that is rust-proof. The rat cover protection is indeed a useful feature and welcome addition.
- The LED display is neat and classy.
- You get a 3 year warranty on the motor but only a one year warranty on the product, which is a slight disappointment.
|Great LED display.||Only one year warranty on product|
Washing machines don’t come cheap, they occupy a fair bit of space and if they don’t work well, they can make your life hell. While there are a zillion washing machine manufacturers in India, not all of them give you products that are worth the money spent.
Which is better? Top loading or front loading washing machine?
There are several factors to be considered as both have their pros and cons.
|Top Loading||Front Loading|
|Uses more water and energy in the long run||Uses lesser water and energy in the long run|
|Has a tub to soak your clothes||Soaking clothes is difficult in this|
|Saves space as you don’t have a door that opens out||Needs more space|
|Easy to load and unload||A little harder to load and unload|
How to choose a top loading washing machine?
Choose your washing machines based on your budget, the size (Depending on how large your family is and how often you are going to run the machine), the amount of space you have in your home and the rating of the washing machine. You can choose from the list above as these are the tried and tested best top loading washing machines in India and are great value for money.